Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 07:29 AM

4,280 posts, read 9,158,892 times

Advertisements

The artist who assembled this map did a fantastic job, IMO, of creating a relatively accurate outline of Texas using outlines of all the states. According to an article in the magazine, the artist did it by creating a jigsaw puzzle of cutout pieces that could then be manipulated by hand, taking HOURS to come up with the final design.

timecover.jpg

Regardless of what one thinks of Texas personally, I think the design is a fantastic work.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 08:21 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,853,346 times
Now I am going to have to buy the magazine to read the article.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:02 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,979,445 times
I like it, but its going to **** a lot of people off & make them hate Texas even more...then again who gives a **** what they think of us.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:10 AM

149 posts, read 306,788 times
It is really good. Much better than the cover on attachment parenting last year.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:36 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,788,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
I like it, but its going to **** a lot of people off & make them hate Texas even more...then again who gives a **** what they think of us.
When I first heard about this, this is the first thing that came to my head. There is already lots of negativity towards Texas from people in other states as it stands. You better believe I'm buying it as well.

Old 10-22-2013, 03:53 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,598,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollaztx View Post
When I first heard about this, this is the first thing that came to my head. There is already lots of negativity towards Texas from people in other states as it stands. You better believe I'm buying it as well.
Ironic thing is, Dollaztx, many of those who do are the very ones moving here for employment! LOL

Old 10-23-2013, 02:08 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,701,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollaztx View Post
its because of the arrogance that a lot of people have here. I mean, they didnt all just band together and say hey lets hate texas now did they?

Old 10-23-2013, 11:09 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,367,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
its because of the arrogance that a lot of people have here. I mean, they didnt all just band together and say hey lets hate texas now did they?

I am sure animosity towards Texas and Texans comes from a number places, just like anything else. There are sure to be the "But in (insert former state here)....." folks. You know the ones, they left wherever home was, for whatever reason, and ended up in Texas, and all they can talk about is how much better things were in their previous location. Sure, it is fine to be proud of where you're from, and to want share your culture/traditions with people, just don't go to the point of demanding that an entire state change to please you. There are the people that hate Texas, yet have never set foot inside the state. Most probably don't know any actual Texans. They just have some predetermined impression of the state, and its residents, and won't be moved. There are those motivated solely by political ideology. Their love for Texas depends on what color Texas turns out to be following a given election cycle. Some of this ilk resent Texas simply because politicians they don't like were/are from here.

Texas is a great place, with a wide range of cultures, geography, employment options that are surely capable of pleasing almost anyone if they simply give it a chance.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:33 AM

2,206 posts, read 4,745,747 times
Texas is the future of the US in many, many ways.

Politically, TX dealt with its debt and regulations issues many years ago when the Democrats left the TX Democrat party to take over the TX GOP.

This same thing has to occur nationally for us to move ahead as a nation.

Old 10-23-2013, 02:22 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
As a Texan, you should be used to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: