Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2013, 04:48 PM

5 posts, read 10,843 times

Advertisements

I'm a 23 year old, single male - fresh out of college, looking for a new place to call home.
My requirements: clean, safe, gym availability, within a 20 minute drive/commute to Arlington, & easy access to highway(s).
My preferences: jogging/biking trails, organic grocery store in proximity, a few non-chain restaurants. Obviously, I'd like a place that welcomes young adults, but I'd prefer to stay away of the heavy traffic commute from Dallas or Ft. Worth (although the construction has made just about every DFW highway terrible). Any recommendations are much appreciated!

Last edited by Mcal1633; 11-08-2013 at 05:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2013, 04:54 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,789,739 times
North Arlington has a Whole Foods and well it has to be better to live in the city than driving from Fort Worth or Dallas. Just consider that 360 has bad traffic so be sure to plan ahead.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:15 PM

2 posts, read 3,686 times
I am prejudiced because when we moved to Arlington 5 years ago next month, we tripped and fell into an amazing community. Lake Arlington area has low crime rates, thanks to a very active crime watch, lots of specialty stores and is a few miles almost dead center between I-20 and I-30, so if you have to get to a highway one is always near by, but you don't have the traffic and noise of them to disturb you when you want to get outside and enjoy the air.

I know there are apartments and condos both nearby and several parks within walking and driving distance. Pocket neighborhoods in our section keeps up from having to deal with 'drive-through' traffic in the neighborhoods. We live close to Green Oaks/Arkansas Lane area and there are police, rescue and fire station within a three minute drive if you ever do have a problem, and Kroger is about 1.5 miles away.

If it sounds like what you ar elooking for, well them, welcome to the community!

Old 11-11-2013, 09:09 PM

3,491 posts, read 6,973,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDUwncvt View Post
I am prejudiced because when we moved to Arlington 5 years ago next month, we tripped and fell into an amazing community. Lake Arlington area has low crime rates, thanks to a very active crime watch, lots of specialty stores and is a few miles almost dead center between I-20 and I-30, so if you have to get to a highway one is always near by, but you don't have the traffic and noise of them to disturb you when you want to get outside and enjoy the air.

I know there are apartments and condos both nearby and several parks within walking and driving distance. Pocket neighborhoods in our section keeps up from having to deal with 'drive-through' traffic in the neighborhoods. We live close to Green Oaks/Arkansas Lane area and there are police, rescue and fire station within a three minute drive if you ever do have a problem, and Kroger is about 1.5 miles away.

If it sounds like what you ar elooking for, well them, welcome to the community!
I am an Arlington native but don't know much about the current affairs there as I have been gone over 20 years.However, I think I have an idea on where that area is. We had friends near there and it worked out well for them.Arkansas lane sounds familiar to me.I think that Kroger rings a bell.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:40 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,486,062 times
Arlington meets a few of your requirements: commute, gym, parks, grocery, but there's not really a young professional neighborhood in Arlington, outside of the gym there aren't a lot of opportunities to meet other people there. Unless, you have hobbies in the area, kids, or grew up there, I'd say it's pretty boring. I guess that's typical of suburbs in general though. Most of southern Arlington is heavy on chains, there's some really good Asian restaurants in central Arlington, and I've heard there's a few new start ups around their downtown, and along Division St., but I haven't been down there in years, it use to be really run down looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas