Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 08:53 AM

4,280 posts, read 9,158,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpeDiemNurse8 View Post
Thanks to you all that steered me in the right direction, it seems like I have found the perfect spot to live here in Mcallen...
Congratulations on a successful quest. Without revealing where you are living, can you describe in general what sort of accommodation you ended up with? Town house, condo, apartment etc?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2014, 08:37 AM

40 posts, read 88,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joqua View Post
Congratulations on a successful quest. Without revealing where you are living, can you describe in general what sort of accommodation you ended up with? Town house, condo, apartment etc?

My home, sweet home is perfect and it's only 4 blocks from the hospital. I am very impressed satisfied with the place. I could have asked for a better location.

Now where is the best places to eat around here that are not fast food?

Old 01-12-2014, 10:54 AM

It's been great, the people are very friendly. I've been working a lot, but I want to go see South Padre Island, can anyone tell me what is the best way to get there from McAllen?

And What are the other attractions that you have locally, that I might want to check out?

I appreciate all and any feedback.

Thanks!

Old 01-13-2014, 09:03 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,467,804 times
McAllen west on Expressway 83 towards Brownsville, a couple of exits past San Benito you will see the South Padre Island (Hwy 100) exit which you take, pass Los Fresnos, then Port Isabel, then the Island with a couple of small towns in between. As for attractions on the island the best thing you can do is pick up a copy of "Coastal Current Weekly" newspaper/magazine available at many restaurants for free (and on the Island). There you will find all kinds of stuff to do and see. Fishing, Dolphin Watch, Para- sailing, etc etc. Keep in mind though that at this time of the year you will find it "slow" on the Island, mostly "Winter Texans". In March it starts to pick up again.

Old 02-02-2014, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
McAllen west on Expressway 83 towards Brownsville, a couple of exits past San Benito you will see the South Padre Island (Hwy 100) exit which you take, pass Los Fresnos, then Port Isabel, then the Island with a couple of small towns in between. As for attractions on the island the best thing you can do is pick up a copy of "Coastal Current Weekly" newspaper/magazine available at many restaurants for free (and on the Island). There you will find all kinds of stuff to do and see. Fishing, Dolphin Watch, Para- sailing, etc etc. Keep in mind though that at this time of the year you will find it "slow" on the Island, mostly "Winter Texans". In March it starts to pick up again.

I have to say that I do enjoy the area. Where is the a good place to go out on a weekend around here? A place to go out and unwind? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 02-02-2014, 04:45 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,948,315 times
You might want to avoid Gamehaus Gastropub | Restaurant, arcade, sports bar and venue in McAllen, TX for a couple of days.

Old 02-04-2014, 07:09 AM

2,600 posts, read 8,785,881 times
Not to sound disrespectful but everything that you need and what answers to can be found by using the internet.

City of Pharr, Texas | Official Website

MapQuest Maps - Driving Directions - Map

//www.city-data.com/city/Pharr-Texas.html

Old 02-08-2014, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpeDiemNurse8 View Post
I have to say that I do enjoy the area. Where is the a good place to go out on a weekend around here? A place to go out and unwind? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I guess since you all have been giving me such great advice and direction; and I have gotten such great results in this area; the suggestions on living area were great. I understand that some areas might be a little too dangerous to visit on an evening out. Just wanted to get some feedback on good places to visit on might days off.

I'm still relatively new to this area and I really do appreciate anyone's input and any suggestions that you all might like to share.

Thank You.

Old 02-09-2014, 10:26 PM

346 posts, read 646,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by need4speed2012 View Post
Not to sound disrespectful but everything that you need and what answers to can be found by using the internet.

City of Pharr, Texas | Official Website

MapQuest Maps - Driving Directions - Map

//www.city-data.com/city/Pharr-Texas.html

I agree that one should use websites for this type of research, and while you apparently receive these posts through the weekly City Data home mailing, I access this information through the magic of the internet.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewTexico76 View Post
I agree that one should use websites for this type of research, and while you apparently receive these posts through the weekly City Data home mailing, I access this information through the magic of the internet.

I too recognize the "magic" of the internet; but since I've gotten so much good direction and tips from the people that participate in this forum; I figure you all know this area than the internet and would better qualified to provide good tips of information.

And it's hard, you can't trust the internet that well anymore. So I thank you all for your feedback.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas