Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 10:14 PM

4,131 posts, read 7,442,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
West 7th and the Cultural District? Near Southside? TCU/Berry St.? Samuels Ave?

Gonna have to be more specific.
Thanks, so that's where they are

Old 11-28-2013, 11:51 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,839,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMFW View Post
...and in case anyone was wondering about the acrimony between Fort Worth and Dallas... there you have it.
It's quite simple Fort Worth is a more down to earth town. While Dallas is a more snobby and stuck up town for no reason (Not all Dallasites). You would think Dallas was a much more wealthier town than Fort Worth, considering all the gibberish that comes from some Dallasites, but in reality it's not. I personally have no problem with Dallas and I have defended the town on numerous occasions, but I have always been disgruntled by the lack of respect some Dallasites have for there western neighbors. The idea that an individual can live in a metro area of 6.7 million and never fully take advantage of all the amenities that the area has to offer because of the perceived notion of a town is absolutely bizarre. To each his own.

Old 11-29-2013, 09:48 PM

298 posts, read 416,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
I beg to differ. I went to Fort Worth last week and I saw suburban-style housing everywhere.

Sorry, Fort Worth and Dallas have totally different vibes. I didn't see anything that appealed to me. I just couldn't get over the fact that it reminded me of every suburban town around DFW.
Please, Dallas has suburban style housing all over the place too. Fort Worth and Dallas mainly feel like the same city when you exclude some districts.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:07 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,943,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKAddict View Post
Please, Dallas has suburban style housing all over the place too. Fort Worth and Dallas mainly feel like the same city when you exclude some districts.
Where? My neighborhood was built between 1948 and 1952, there's no suburban style housing at all. None of the houses look like they have the same design.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:35 PM

1,816 posts, read 2,513,047 times
Quote:
Where? My neighborhood was built between 1948 and 1952, there's no suburban style housing at all. None of the houses look like they have the same design.
Houses don't have to be cookie cutter in design to be suburban in nature. If the lots are full of single family houses with yards, and if cars are the main means of transport to other parts of town....it's a suburban neighborhood. It can be a prettier and more attractive suburban area than some of the newer subdivisions, but it doesn't change the inherent character of the neighborhood.

The old suburbs of Dallas are still suburban in nature, and Dallas is almost entirely made up of this style of neighborhood.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:56 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,913,300 times
For its size, I think San Antonio is the most overlooked city. 1.4 mil, yet it hardly ever finds itself in the spotlight. One major sports team, and no major college team is part of the reason. Its much larger than cities you hear about all the time, San Francisco, Boston, Denver. Its number 7.

Old 11-30-2013, 05:39 AM

954 posts, read 1,549,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
For its size, I think San Antonio is the most overlooked city. 1.4 mil, yet it hardly ever finds itself in the spotlight. One major sports team, and no major college team is part of the reason. Its much larger than cities you hear about all the time, San Francisco, Boston, Denver. Its number 7.
But the Fort Worth area has 2 pro sports teams (one more than Dallas) and a major college team (once again, one more than Dallas), and it still gets overlooked - what's that about ?

Old 11-30-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBaker488 View Post
But the Fort Worth area has 2 pro sports teams (one more than Dallas) and a major college team (once again, one more than Dallas), and it still gets overlooked - what's that about ?
Last time I checked, there's no pro-sports teams in Fort Worth.

Old 11-30-2013, 11:53 AM

People fail to realize that outside of Texas, people don't see Fort Worth as a major city, they see it as a suburb of Dallas. How can you blame them? Mainly because Dallas is/feels larger, it has more urban areas, larger skyline, more amenities, etc. Fort Worth doesn't feel like a major city to me. It doesn't scream, I'm in a city with over 700,000 people. People tend to feel what they see around them. If it doesn't look like a large city, usually people may think it's a suburb.

Old 11-30-2013, 01:07 PM

954 posts, read 1,549,600 times
Quote:
Last time I checked, there's no pro-sports teams in Fort Worth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas