Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 07:54 AM

4,280 posts, read 9,164,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unnativeelpasoan View Post
Well, your loss. Mexico is an amazing and beautiful country, with many kind, gracious, hospitable and friendly people.
Sadly, there is an ever-growing presence of people who'll slit your throat without giving it a second thought. And that includes many corrupt members of law enforcement and the military.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 08:11 AM

836 posts, read 2,948,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joqua View Post
Sadly, there is an ever-growing presence of people who'll slit your throat without giving it a second thought. And that includes many corrupt members of law enforcement and the military.

What you say makes no sense and you can not present any proof of it being true.

Old 12-20-2013, 08:43 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,876,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexguy View Post
What you say makes no sense and you can not present any proof of it being true.
It does make sense, and you, in turn, cannot present any proof that it's false.

I once felt very safe in Mexico (and I've been all over it from the northern border towns down to Guadalajara and Mexico City over months)--you couldn't pay me any amount of money to go anywhere there now, not even places like Acapulco/Cancún/Cozumel, et al.

I also grew up less than 100 miles (as the crow flies) from the border, and it's just not the same. We'd go down on a Sunday to Ciudad Acuña and not even give it a second thought.

Not today--not anywhere in the country, period.

Last edited by Cathy4017; 12-20-2013 at 09:12 AM..

Old 12-20-2013, 11:08 AM

836 posts, read 2,948,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
It does make sense, and you, in turn, cannot present any proof that it's false.
mmm, and how it is supposed to present evidence of something that is false?

I know!, You can take into account the thousands of visitors to the border towns in Mexico to come and go without incident, that may be a good parameter.

Quote:
I once felt very safe in Mexico (and I've been all over it from the northern border towns down to Guadalajara and Mexico City over months)--you couldn't pay me any amount of money to go anywhere there now, not even places like Acapulco/Cancún/Cozumel, et al.

I also grew up less than 100 miles (as the crow flies) from the border, and it's just not the same. We'd go down on a Sunday to Ciudad Acuña and not even give it a second thought.

Not today--not anywhere in the country, period.
That proves nothing, only your extreme fear of visiting a place.

Old 12-20-2013, 01:09 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
What is the rate of non-targeted crime in Mexico vs the United States?

Old 12-20-2013, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexguy View Post
mmm, and how it is supposed to present evidence of something that is false?

I know!, You can take into account the thousands of visitors to the border towns in Mexico to come and go without incident, that may be a good parameter.

That proves nothing, only your extreme fear of visiting a place.
Whatever....you go and enjoy Mexico...I'll stay in the US until (if ever) things get better there.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:13 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,952,513 times
Quote:
Whatever....you go and enjoy Mexico...I'll stay in the US until (if ever) things get better there.
Lol--couldn't rep you again!

Old 12-20-2013, 04:34 PM

568 posts, read 901,601 times
Mexico is much safer than people think. They see news reports of cartels and think it's a wild west out there. People think the same about US and our shootings but yet most of us feel relatively safe. Media is dictating perception.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellpaso View Post
Lol--couldn't rep you again!
Thanks for the first!

Old 12-21-2013, 07:26 AM

43 posts, read 63,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsatyr View Post
Mexico is much safer than people think. They see news reports of cartels and think it's a wild west out there. People think the same about US and our shootings but yet most of us feel relatively safe. Media is dictating perception.
There is such a thing as crime, and then there is this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Phot...w=1366&bih=654
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas