Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2015, 05:27 PM

61 posts, read 103,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonsim View Post
It appears Etro has picked Highland Park Village for the Dallas boutique according to recent permits issued.

Plus it seems like the Village is in full swing finishing new spaces to allow new brands to open soon.
I read somewhere that Chanel will move into the temporary space that Hermes is occupying. Then management will renovate the building that Chanel, Starbucks and Anthropologie are in. They want to change the exterior of the that building since it's looking too modern and doesn't blend in with the rest of the Village. This also will be the end of Starbucks and Anthropologie. The entrance will be moved toward the inside facing Vince in able to create more retail space. Once the renovation is done (might take two years) then this space will be enough for 8 more stores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2015, 05:47 PM

256 posts, read 473,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhotanddeadly View Post
I read somewhere that Chanel will move into the temporary space that Hermes is occupying. Then management will renovate the building that Chanel, Starbucks and Anthropologie are in. They want to change the exterior of the that building since it's looking too modern and doesn't blend in with the rest of the Village. This also will be the end of Starbucks and Anthropologie. The entrance will be moved toward the inside facing Vince in able to create more retail space. Once the renovation is done (might take two years) then this space will be enough for 8 more stores.
I wouldn't doubt it. I agree 100% that they building is out of place in the Village, but I never imagined they would actually commit and renovate it. I have been sensing the end of Anthropologie for a while now since the space is so large and there is already a store at Northpark. Starbucks although a neighborhood hangout and relax spot I feel like should be departing soon especially with the incoming Royal Blue Grocery cafe, plus Starbucks is on every other street corner. It will be interesting to see how this pans out, Celebrity Cafe is leaving soon which will vacate another space, I also have a suspicion that Cole Haan/Tory Burch although popular, might be on the way out since they have store fronts at Northpark but who knows maybe they want two stores in the DFW market.

With all the new stores created by the departure of Tom Thumb and IF they seriously change the Chanel Building the village to accommodate more stores, the HP village will be a very different place in 5 years.

Old 10-22-2015, 08:13 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,289,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuboy86 View Post
Willowbend just announced a 100 million dollar redo, I imagine Bloomingdales takes a hard look there now. The area is leaps and bounds more built out than it was 10 years ago.
That makes no sense. People from Dallas don't drive to Plano to shop. Bloomingdale's already made one real estate mistake in Dallas (choosing Valley View over the Galleria in the 1980's); they aren't going to make another blunder here.

I predict they open their SoHo store format (about 40k SF vs typical 150-200k SF) in Uptown or possibly downtown. Bloomingdale's core customer is an urban fashion-forward professional, not ladies who lunch or suburbanites. Their core customer is in her early 40's vs around 60 for Saks and Neiman's. The merch mix would be a disaster in Plano.

Old 10-23-2015, 10:21 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,521,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonsim View Post
I don't even think you can find those brands outside of departments stores in the US .
Their HUGELY popular in the uk especially SI

Old 10-23-2015, 05:38 PM
BCB

1,005 posts, read 1,783,709 times
Reese Witherspoon plans to bring her Draper James store to Dallas
Maria Halkias
October 23, 2015

Quote:
A spokeswoman for Draper James confirmed that there are plans for a Dallas store, but she didn’t have details.
Quote:
But last November, Dallas Morning News columnist Alan Peppard wrote that something was in the works: Witherspoon and her agent, husband Jim Toth, were hanging out at Highland Park Village and had lunch at Bistro 31 with Highland Park Village owners Elisa and Stephen Summers and Heather and Ray Washburne.
Full Article

Old 10-23-2015, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCB View Post
I'm not too excited about this store. But I think it'll make a great addition to the southern charm at HpVillage. Hp management is all about connection. They have a really winning formula on recruiting tenants.

Old 10-24-2015, 05:30 PM

Quote:
I'm not too excited about this store. But I think it'll make a great addition to the southern charm at HpVillage. Hp management is all about connection. They have a really winning formula on recruiting tenants.
I am not convinced that the article implies that they would open the store at HP Village, it seems like a lot of celebrities stop at the HP Village when in town and maybe the owners were just being hospitable to her. But don't get me wrong it would be a nice addition to bring a little bit more price variety into the Village again, but i can see the store doing well on Knox-Henderson or West Village.

Old 10-24-2015, 07:44 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,448,391 times
Quote:
They want to change the exterior of the that building since it's looking too modern and doesn't blend in with the rest of the Village.
Apparently modern art and architecture does not do well in Dallas. Putting Our Lady of Angels Cathedral in Downtown Dallas would end up with sneers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
That makes no sense. People from Dallas don't drive to Plano to shop. Bloomingdale's already made one real estate mistake in Dallas (choosing Valley View over the Galleria in the 1980's); they aren't going to make another blunder here.

I predict they open their SoHo store format (about 40k SF vs typical 150-200k SF) in Uptown or possibly downtown. Bloomingdale's core customer is an urban fashion-forward professional, not ladies who lunch or suburbanites. Their core customer is in her early 40's vs around 60 for Saks and Neiman's. The merch mix would be a disaster in Plano.
Also Dallas is too traditional (see above). Not a good fit for Bloomies with their polished white marble floors and black onyx accented walls.

Old 10-25-2015, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Apparently modern art and architecture does not do well in Dallas. Putting Our Lady of Angels Cathedral in Downtown Dallas would end up with sneers.

It's not about being modern or not modern. It's about cohesion. Clearly you have very little knowledge about visual aesthetic.

Also Dallas is too traditional (see above). Not a good fit for Bloomies with their polished white marble floors and black onyx accented walls.
Hater is gonna hate.

Old 10-29-2015, 02:00 PM

You’ve never seen a market like the one coming to Dallas’ Highland Park Village

"Park Cities ladies will soon have another shop to buy fabulous things. Market, a “multibrand lifestyle boutique,” is slated for a mid-November opening at Highland Park Village.

Founder is Elisa Summers, who co-owns HP Village with her husband, Stephen, and her sister, Heather Washburne, and Heather’s husband, Ray. For this endeavor, Summers tapped LeeAnn Sauter of Seaside Luxe (SSL), which specializes in the creation of boutiques at five-star resorts around the world.

Market will house a “finely curated” selection (the only kind to be had at Highland Park Village) of clothing, accessories, jewelry, home decor, and gifts. The adjectives “style,” “glamour,” and “approachability” were thrown about in a release.

“I’m thrilled to partner with a team of established retailers who have a global reach and who understand my vision for designing a place of luxury and comfort,” Summers says.

The shop will have a residential feel, with merchandise from such brands Aquazzura, Kimberly McDonald, Prabal Gurung, Nancy Gonzalez, Hoorsenbuhs, Missoni, Brochu Walker, Citizens of Humanity, Nina Ricci, Derek Lam 10 Crosby, Jenni Kayne, Figue, Yves Salomon, Rhonda Ochs, Sheryl Lowe, Mother, and Temperley. Summers and team are working directly with some of these designers to provide Dallasites with exclusives from their lines.

Also expect a selection of “gourmet candies for grown-ups” from California-based Sugarfina, with fun names like “Sugar Lips.” (You can see how pretty they are in Sugarfina’s Instagram feed.) Market will be the only place in Texas to get these hard-to-find treats.

The store also will highlight emerging and newly established brands through three rotating “signature salons.” It all sounds so fancy. The selection will continually evolve so it will always feel fresh.

Market also intends to give back to the community by hosting in-store parties, trunk shows, and pop-ups."

http://dallas.culturemap.com/news/fa...elisa-summers/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas