Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2023, 09:45 AM

3,148 posts, read 2,051,613 times

Advertisements

This thread is just incredibly entertaining at this point. You get to see delusion, arrogance, and hubris all wrapped up into a color-coded, sometimes bolded, rambling ball of foolishness. It is truly something to behold. I've never seen someone so invested in feeling superior as to be posting these types of threads in the middle of the night.

It is spectacular in its own way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2023, 10:11 AM

4,435 posts, read 6,304,590 times
I vote that we move on from that particular discussion so we can enjoy this topic and it have some relevance.

Old 05-21-2023, 11:19 AM

869 posts, read 319,576 times
What bothers me is all this claim that HPV is so "well-known"...when in truth, it SEEMS to be only well-known in DFW...and in the rest of the state, only by those who actually have an INTEREST in luxury shopping. The vast majority of folks couldn't even tell you where HPV is. That's not a shot at Dallas...the same could be said for ROD.

Dallasboi is the prototypical model of what a lot of people say about Dallas...loud, boisterous, arrogant, and pretentious about things that other cities blow Dallas out of the water for EASILY. He wants Dallas to be the king city of Texas, and will make all sorts of exaggerated claims as to why it is.

Meanwhile, Houston has so many things going on that will make Dallas look like a little snot-nosed kid in the next few years...only Houstonians have no need to boast or brag about it. We generally just don't care.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again...DFW as a whole gives Houston a run for the money. Dallas BY ITSELF doesn't even stand a chance.

Now THAT was my shot at Dallas

Old 05-21-2023, 12:03 PM

9,893 posts, read 6,595,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecitytx View Post
What bothers me is all this claim that HPV is so "well-known"...when in truth, it SEEMS to be only well-known in DFW...and in the rest of the state, only by those who actually have an INTEREST in luxury shopping. The vast majority of folks couldn't even tell you where HPV is. That's not a shot at Dallas...the same could be said for ROD.

Dallasboi is the prototypical model of what a lot of people say about Dallas...loud, boisterous, arrogant, and pretentious about things that other cities blow Dallas out of the water for EASILY. He wants Dallas to be the king city of Texas, and will make all sorts of exaggerated claims as to why it is.

Meanwhile, Houston has so many things going on that will make Dallas look like a little snot-nosed kid in the next few years...only Houstonians have no need to boast or brag about it. We generally just don't care.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again...DFW as a whole gives Houston a run for the money. Dallas BY ITSELF doesn't even stand a chance.

Now THAT was my shot at Dallas
To be fair, dallasboi is the only person on this thread with an inferiority complex about this topic. Sure, there’s Dallasites here and there that have the same behavior (just as there are Houstonians), but this isn’t a Dallasite thing. Just a Dallasboi thing

Old 05-21-2023, 12:25 PM

679 posts, read 274,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
Which is why I said “first self contained”. Not the first ever.
You left out a couple qualifiers.

Last edited by oil capital; 05-21-2023 at 01:14 PM..

Old 05-21-2023, 06:32 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,947,759 times
I'm not gonna lie, this thread literally has me LOL. This is the laugh that I needed...

Old 05-21-2023, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
To be fair, dallasboi is the only person on this thread with an inferiority complex about this topic. Sure, there’s Dallasites here and there that have the same behavior (just as there are Houstonians), but this isn’t a Dallasite thing. Just a Dallasboi thing

Fair enough.

Old 05-21-2023, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
I'm not gonna lie, this thread literally has me LOL. This is the laugh that I needed...

I actually enjoy it.

Any chance to shoot dallasboi down at his own game is almost invigorating, lol.

Old 05-21-2023, 11:04 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Quote:
HPV is not any more full than ROD. ROD being newer explains why it was the appreciated in value more than HPV. ROD today is more expensive by lease square footage today period. Not value appreciation. ROD is more expensive today than HPV today. The fact it surpasses HPV so fast shows that the prestige you claim HPV has doesn’t exist.
R.O.D is newly full...which means they can charge today's inflated prices to every new-coming Store..

My point is.....If HPV TOTALLY emptied out every space...and re-signed every store TODAY.... They will have the same option R.O.D has with current rates....AND....Would EASILY lease the spaces out for MORE than what R.O.D lucked up on.....AND THAT'S AN UNBIASED FACT!!....

.........We're Talking about DALLAS!!!....A city who CREATES Luxury stores...FOH!!

Last edited by dallasboi; 05-21-2023 at 11:48 PM..

Old 05-21-2023, 11:24 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Quote:
HPV is not any more full than ROD. ROD being newer explains why it was the appreciated in value more than HPV. ROD today is more expensive by lease square footage today period. Not value appreciation. ROD is more expensive today than HPV today. The fact it surpasses HPV so fast shows that the prestige you claim HPV has doesn’t exist.

..............The red bolded is what Houstonians like you wish!!!

...Ok....Let me give you your own poison back to you..

The fact that Dallas has received MORE Black transplants over Houston for YEARS shows that the prestige in BLACK culture that can only be found in Houston really doesn't exist...AND.... People really don't think Houston is the best City in Texas for BLACKS...................hmmmm...See how that works?!

Last edited by dallasboi; 05-21-2023 at 11:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas