Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2023, 07:20 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,466,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
Didn't Intermix and Faberge close their Houston stores?
Uh-Oh Houston.....Closing luxury stores is normally a red flag to Brand Owners.......

Unless it's Dallas.....Brand owners are waiting for this to happen because they have more hope to GET IN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2023, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecitytx View Post
Lol....and yet, Houston's Galleria STILL gets more visitors BY FAR each year!

You're making yourself look bad, my guy. Just...stop.

.....THE GLORIOUS SOUNDS OF DEFEAT!!

Old 05-23-2023, 07:45 PM

9,937 posts, read 6,655,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Uh-Oh Houston.....Closing luxury stores is normally a red flag to Brand Owners.......

Unless it's Dallas.....Brand owners are waiting for this to happen because they have more hope to GET IN.
Dallas couldn’t even support BULGARI. One of the biggest most essential brands had to close in Dallas.

Using 7 long paragraphs, explain why store closings in Dallas are actually a good thing

Old 05-23-2023, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Dallas couldn’t even support BULGARI. One of the biggest most essential brands had to close in Dallas.

Using 7 long paragraphs, explain why store closings in Dallas are actually a good thing
Only the STRONG survive!!....

And you read every word.

Old 05-23-2023, 07:51 PM

9,937 posts, read 6,655,141 times
Quote:
oNLY THE strong SURVIVE....
True. Bulgari is too weak for NorthPark. It’s more of a lower tier shopping district type brand like 5th Ave or Rodeo.

Old 05-23-2023, 07:55 PM

Quote:
True. Bulgari is too weak for NorthPark. It’s more of a lower tier shopping district type brand like 5th Ave or Rodeo.
You are correct(not the sarcasm tho.).....This only says that people are more in-tune with Bvlgari in those places...DFW?..Not so much.

Old 05-23-2023, 08:06 PM

4,440 posts, read 6,319,325 times
Well…Bulgari may have been an issue of lack of space. I could see them coming back.

Old 05-23-2023, 09:05 PM

256 posts, read 474,815 times
Quote:
Without even digging deep into the list, I’m seeing a spa as an “exclusive” for HPV. I see exclusives missing in both ROD and Galleria. I see Saks Fifth Ave not highlighted. And I see Balmain highlighted as an exclusive for HPV. Also see a couple of Dallas only boutique shops which aren’t in the luxury group. When I get the time I’ll update it over the weekend with the actual luxury shopping list between the 2.

Jasonism is Dallas based, so his knowledge of Dallas’ fashion circa is greater (which is completely normal).

I have always encouraged and welcomed help on the Houston side because I am definitely not as familiar so please take a double look. I actually have not lived in Dallas for years now so I am playing catchup always haha.

Unless I missed the announcement, Balmain listed at the Galleria is only located inside Neiman Marcus not a stand alone store. I have noticed the Galleria is very deceiving in marketing and lists several luxury brands as such including others as Alexander McQueen (inside Saks) , Chloe (inside Saks), Chopard (inside Saks), Dolce & Gabanna (inside Saks), Etro (inside Saks), Giuseppe Zanotti (inside Neiman Marcus), Graff Diamonds (inside Saks), Kenzo (inside Neiman Marcus), Loewe (inside Saks).....etc

San Antonio has a Saks Fifth Avenue, so the Houston location although superior in selection is not a Texas exclusive.

Yeah there are some blurry lines I include Beretta (Dallas), Davidoff, (Houston) and Dr. Sturm (Dallas) as they are well known brands and notable openings. I try to be fair and not highlight several high end local independent boutiques from each city but still list them for significance. I do title the list upscale/luxury to allow some wiggle room too in the 'luxury' category haha

Last edited by Jasonsim; 05-23-2023 at 09:46 PM..

Old 05-23-2023, 09:07 PM

Quote:
.....THE GLORIOUS SOUNDS OF DEFEAT!!
The list was never terms of winning or losing. It was to compare the cities and show the strength of the luxury sector in Texas. Stores come and stores go. Just exciting to see what is opening and such

Old 05-23-2023, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
Didn't Intermix and Faberge close their Houston stores?

I must've missed those announcements can anyone confirm/deny?

Shame if that is true Faberge was a unique concept. Would not be surprised about Intermix they have been struggling and closing stores for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas