Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2023, 11:09 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,474,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonsim View Post
I have always encouraged and welcomed help on the Houston side because I am definitely not as familiar so please take a double look. I actually have not lived in Dallas for years now so I am playing catchup always haha.

Unless I missed the announcement, Balmain listed at the Galleria is only located inside Neiman Marcus not a stand alone store. I have noticed the Galleria is very deceiving in marketing and lists several luxury brands as such including others as Alexander McQueen (inside Saks) , Chloe (inside Saks), Chopard (inside Saks), Dolce & Gabanna (inside Saks), Etro (inside Saks), Giuseppe Zanotti (inside Neiman Marcus), Graff Diamonds (inside Saks), Kenzo (inside Neiman Marcus), Loewe (inside Saks).....etc

San Antonio has a Saks Fifth Avenue, so the Houston location although superior in selection is not a Texas exclusive.

Yeah there are some blurry lines I include Beretta (Dallas), Davidoff, (Houston) and Dr. Sturm (Dallas) as they are well known brands and notable openings. I try to be fair and not highlight several high end local independent boutiques from each city but still list them for significance. I do title the list upscale/luxury to allow some wiggle room too in the 'luxury' category haha
...So hold your horses ParaguaneroSwag!!!!.....Y'all Have the nerve to call Dallas Pretentious?!!

Talk about "Puffery"

With the deduction of all of those stores from Houston's list......It's like someone grabbed a whole handful of coins out of it's glass jar!!!.....

......They wanted to get a peach cobbler with their chicken from Frenchy's..

Last edited by dallasboi; 05-24-2023 at 12:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2023, 04:33 AM

9,986 posts, read 6,692,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonsim View Post
I have always encouraged and welcomed help on the Houston side because I am definitely not as familiar so please take a double look. I actually have not lived in Dallas for years now so I am playing catchup always haha.

Unless I missed the announcement, Balmain listed at the Galleria is only located inside Neiman Marcus not a stand alone store. I have noticed the Galleria is very deceiving in marketing and lists several luxury brands as such including others as Alexander McQueen (inside Saks) , Chloe (inside Saks), Chopard (inside Saks), Dolce & Gabanna (inside Saks), Etro (inside Saks), Giuseppe Zanotti (inside Neiman Marcus), Graff Diamonds (inside Saks), Kenzo (inside Neiman Marcus), Loewe (inside Saks).....etc

San Antonio has a Saks Fifth Avenue, so the Houston location although superior in selection is not a Texas exclusive.

Yeah there are some blurry lines I include Beretta (Dallas), Davidoff, (Houston) and Dr. Sturm (Dallas) as they are well known brands and notable openings. I try to be fair and not highlight several high end local independent boutiques from each city but still list them for significance. I do title the list upscale/luxury to allow some wiggle room too in the 'luxury' category haha
Balmain is opening at ROD. That announcement came slightly before the HPV announcement.

Correct, Saks has a SA location, but being that it’s a Houston & Dallas list, the bold would generally go to the exclusive. The Houston location is also a flagship, it’s a Texas exclusive in that.

On the Saks note, you’re correct that boutiques inside Saks aren’t to be included. However, Saks runs partnerships in some of their flagship locations (such as Houston) where they lease their space to more exclusive, niche houses that run full service stores such as Graff. Those are also to be included (but obviously not the Alexander McQueen).

The Taschen in Dallas is a false inclusion. It’s ran by a 3rd party that’s unrecognized by Taschen.

I’ll compile the list fully over the weekend if I have time.

Last edited by ParaguaneroSwag; 05-24-2023 at 04:59 AM..

Old 05-24-2023, 07:15 AM

4,443 posts, read 6,328,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Uh-Oh Houston.....Closing luxury stores is normally a red flag to Brand Owners.......

Unless it's Dallas.....Brand owners are waiting for this to happen because they have more hope to GET IN.
Well…some of the Houston stores listed used to have Dallas locations, but have since closed: Bally, Bulgari, De Beers, Giorgio Armani, LV Men’s (moved into expanded LV store).

They are slightly different markets and some brands may not see the need to have two locations so close. Also, all of these were at NorthPark which is notorious for shuffling around stores or not renewing leases due to sales volume quotas to make room for something new. I don’t think any of the Houston shopping centers are as aggressive with that. Another observation is that there’s a lot more available space in Houston for brands to open there or maintain a presence.

Old 05-24-2023, 08:55 AM

869 posts, read 323,287 times
Quote:
+1

I love this post.

Well....Let me explain..I know it's hard to believe, but I have about three businesses that I've launched under one big Brand that Ive created. I'm also writing a book.

dallasboi is my "RAWEST" self. He is the personality of my brain. A person that no one sees.He is what I would have said....What I was REALLY thinking.

He is the main character in my book.

City-Data is where you'll ONLY get dallasboi because he is my mind frame.
So when I type these wild colored, sometimes bolded, red Highlighted, capital letters in the middle of the sentence, Run-ons to the high heavens. That is just the BOLDNESS of the character inside my head....on paper.

I know it's obnoxious. But I feel like it's me in the natural without boundaries. If I was writing a paper it would definitely not look like that....I know I annoy a lot of people but I can't worry about that because my intentions are never foul. I lead with "LOVE & JUSTICE"(subliminal tag).

It's the Injustice that gets me REALLY engaged on this forum. I love my city and people get offended because they think I SHOULDn't because they don't.

People even say I just glorify Dallas as if it's perfect and nothing's wrong.....NOT TRUE!!

I just believe in adjusting my perspective to view the "Problems" we have differently. Most of the time the solutions to the problems would already be taking place when they are listed as problems so why cry over spilled milk if moms already cleaning it up?

I am not DUMB or uneducated by no means. My writing skills are EXCELLENT. My mind frame is very intense about things I love. My City-Data writing skills are "RAW" and full of Forward-thinking PASSION.

So it will CONTINUE to come out as it looks........Sometimes walking downtown at 11 pm and it's busy on every corner, lit and Live. I find myself in disbelief, thinking EVERYBODY CAN"T HATE DALLAS as they present it online. This is the most live Downtown Dallas has EVER been in MY lifetime...

I apologize for making you feel like you have to skip over my post's. There's always some justice being presented in every one. So I can't apologize for posting them.

-dallasboi

Lol...no one hates Dallas...and the fact that you even made such a claim proves just how ego-inflated y'all Dallas-Boosters are. Dallas isn't on people's minds enough to be hated. You're just delusional.

Old 05-24-2023, 08:58 AM

5,646 posts, read 4,980,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
Well…some of the Houston stores listed used to have Dallas locations, but have since closed: Bally, Bulgari, De Beers, Giorgio Armani, LV Men’s (moved into expanded LV store).

They are slightly different markets and some brands may not see the need to have two locations so close. Also, all of these were at NorthPark which is notorious for shuffling around stores or not renewing leases due to sales volume quotas to make room for something new. I don’t think any of the Houston shopping centers are as aggressive with that. Another observation is that there’s a lot more available space in Houston for brands to open there or maintain a presence.
The Galleria in Houston also moves tenants around. The top malls do this a lot, as they feel they still have the greater leverage in the relationship with tenants.

Old 05-24-2023, 08:58 AM

Quote:
.....THE GLORIOUS SOUNDS OF DEFEAT!!

You're right. Houston's Galleria defeats any shopping place in Dallas as far as visitation by a long shot, despite the "many more" stores you have. That's just pathetic.

I thought HPV was so "well-known"??

Old 05-24-2023, 09:40 AM

4,442 posts, read 5,366,441 times
Quote:
...So hold your horses ParaguaneroSwag!!!!.....Y'all Have the nerve to call Dallas Pretentious?!!

Talk about "Puffery"

With the deduction of all of those stores from Houston's list......It's like someone grabbed a whole handful of coins out of it's glass jar!!!.....

......They wanted to get a peach cobbler with their chicken from Frenchy's..

You are ruining this thread.

Old 05-24-2023, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
You are ruining this thread.
How?....Because I make Houstonians eat the truth??......Ive been the same person as long as you've been logging in.

put me on your ignore list like they do....You'll be fine.

Last edited by dallasboi; 05-24-2023 at 11:40 AM..

Old 05-24-2023, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Balmain is opening at ROD. That announcement came slightly before the HPV announcement.

Correct, Saks has a SA location, but being that it’s a Houston & Dallas list, the bold would generally go to the exclusive. The Houston location is also a flagship, it’s a Texas exclusive in that.

On the Saks note, you’re correct that boutiques inside Saks aren’t to be included. However, Saks runs partnerships in some of their flagship locations (such as Houston) where they lease their space to more exclusive, niche houses that run full service stores such as Graff. Those are also to be included (but obviously not the Alexander McQueen).

The Taschen in Dallas is a false inclusion. It’s ran by a 3rd party that’s unrecognized by Taschen.

I’ll compile the list fully over the weekend if I have tim
e.
SMH....You tried to point out injustice from the O.P. and got Houston in some HOT WATER.

Old 05-24-2023, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Why?....Because I make Houstonians eat the truth??......Ive been the same person as long as you've been logging in.

put me oh your ignore list like they do....You'll be fine.

All you've done is make Dallas look even worse, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas