Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-26-2023, 04:48 PM
 
141 posts, read 42,797 times
Reputation: 46

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
......Are you reading the same thread??

Show you PROOF?!.........You answered your own question sir...In your very next sentence.....Except you left out the part about it having LESS STORES PERIOD!!!....Less VARIETY spells "2nd Best"....... How can you say ALL combined and NP is #1 https://imp.world/explore/shopping-i...econd-thought/

Did you say grasping at straws and you compared NFL stadiums in a shopping thread battle that you have no chance to win?!
NRG Stadium......Was never.....Is Never.......WILL NEVER be Daddy to AT&T Stadium.

All of the pouting at the end about DART and your shopping habits Bla Bla Bla means nothing for your argument because this is a thread about.......(Drum-roll).....LUXURY SHOPPING IN TEXAS......Your whining is not convincing..... All this says is your feelings are hurt......Face it....own it...embrace it...
Indeed, we already sent the Oilers to Tennessee for repayment for them helping us during the Texas Revolution. We can always send the Texans for payment to Kentucky for all that wonderful whisky they sell to us! You would think these Houston people would learn since their city is named after the General and President Sam Houston himself! Just because your big city is wholly devoid of any significant luxury retail is no reason not to have a little pride.
For cripes sake! Your city just got the largest relocation of the biggest corporation in the world even though it's moving to a campus that is only ten stories tall!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-26-2023, 09:49 PM
 
5,673 posts, read 7,381,685 times
Reputation: 2739
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecitytx View Post
Lol, THIS guy

You're like that annoying co-worker who hates to be wrong, so will go to the boss and complain about the next guy picking on him.

2nd best to WHOM?? The 1% of earth's population who actually can afford to BUY luxury clothes? Oh, okay...gotcha !

Bwhahahahahaha...so you're saying that ATT is NOT a direct rip-off of NRG, the FIRST NFL stadium with a retractable roof in America...among a bunch of OTHER firsts?? Yea, okay. Might wanna read up a bit...https://www.walterpmoore.com/projects/nrg-stadium. Talk about self-defeating!

Again...the rail sentiment was only brought up because you like to spout how "great" DFW's system is, when no one even utilizes the "Best Darn Public Transportation In Texas". Besides, I'm through with the luxury store debate, since everyone KNOWS that Houston's Galleria is KING in Texas...and AGAIN, that's DESPITE the Galleria having LESS luxury stores. The problem is that YOU'RE looking at the #1 spot as the place with the MOST stores...whereas I'm looking at the #1 spot as the place with the most VISITORS AND SALES..in which case the GALLERIA rules supreme!

Can't be "2nd Best" if I outsold ya, eh? Here's some reading for ya https://www.texasmonthly.com/the-cul...m-of-the-shop/

The Galleria isn't even at the forefront of Houstonian's minds like NPM is to Dallasites, yet it STILL outdoes NPM by a mile, lol!

Give it up boi...like I said before, you're only making yourself (and your city) look worse.
...Was that a rebuttal to my post?

It was FULL of NOTHINGNESS!!!

...I guess this is how you deal with emotional stress of defeat.....you stoop to the levels of NOTHINGNESS!!!!!!!


.........................(let me walk down these stairs right quick..)





I know you remember mentioning how Houston Galleria is the biggest .....Basically the size of both Galleria Dallas AND Northpark put together.......Remember???...Well I also said you shouldn't mix oil with water. The Houston Galleria is so big that is serves BOTH purposes of our 2 malls...That's a double edged sword.....I guess for size bragging rights it's a good thing...For mall ambiance and experience its Horrible!!!!.......Its a deterrent for big spenders because its too much mixture of riff-raff....I'6s a deterrent for regular spenders because its also a magnet for mischief and petty crimes because its a hang-out for empty pocet patrons that cause an uneasy vibe in certain portions for REGULAR spenders.


Dallas is always smarter....WE Kept them Seperated....

Ok...Let's do some numbers.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2023, 10:01 PM
 
141 posts, read 42,797 times
Reputation: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
...Was that a rebuttal to my post?

It was FULL of NOTHINGNESS!!!

...I guess this is how you deal with emotional stress of defeat.....you stoop to the levels of NOTHINGNESS!!!!!!!


.........................(let me walk down these stairs right quick..)





I know you remember mentioning how Houston Galleria is the biggest .....Basically the size of both Galleria Dallas AND Northpark put together.......Remember???...Well I also said you shouldn't mix oil with water. The Houston Galleria is so big that is serves BOTH purposes of our 2 malls...That's a double edged sword.....I guess for size bragging rights it's a good thing...For mall ambiance and experience its Horrible!!!!.......Its a deterrent for big spenders because its too much mixture of riff-raff....I'6s a deterrent for regular spenders because its also a magnet for mischief and petty crimes because its a hang-out for empty pocet patrons that cause an uneasy vibe in certain portions for REGULAR spenders.


Dallas is always smarter....WE Kept them Seperated....

Ok...Let's do some numbers.........
Don't underestimate the Houston Galleria for fishing! According to Cajun guides from Louisiana, it becomes home to the biggest catfish during times of flooding! Like they say, you only worry about flooding until you flood. After that, you just go fishing!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2023, 10:43 PM
 
Location: Dallas,Texas
6,619 posts, read 9,827,120 times
Reputation: 3385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I mean eh...The only thing I will say is that HPV is far more interesting architecturally as ROD is boring in its design. But for pedestrians, ROD still is superior.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX4qkdq_Pho
Yeah, because it's new urbanist in design. It reminds me of The Shops at Park Lane or the West Village.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
You can walk from shop to shop at HPV. However it’s environment isn’t the type of walkable environment that ROD is.



I agree. HPV while not as walkable of an environment as ROD does have the more interesting architecture overall. The replacement of the concrete compliments HPV much better

However there is one catch here. Due to the way HPV is structured, it looks more or less the same from end to end.

ROD on the other hand lets each store designate their look and architecture individually lined up. More along the lines of what you see in 5th Ave/Rodeo. Each store has their unique structure that exhibits the look of the brand (better for post cards).

I.e the Harry Winston store at ROD below



https://www.harrywinston.com/-/media...fcd5055c47184a
I know what you mean, but you can't go wrong with a common design. That's what I like about HPV and NorthPark. The architecture is so high quality, that it does not need any real updating to fit in with the times. Based on the architecture style of ROD, it's not going to age as well and will need a new facade or renovation. Pretty much the same way that The Galleria has been renovated and updated over the years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2023, 11:45 PM
 
5,673 posts, read 7,381,685 times
Reputation: 2739
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
...Was that a rebuttal to my post?

It was FULL of NOTHINGNESS!!!

...I guess this is how you deal with emotional stress of defeat.....you stoop to the levels of NOTHINGNESS!!!!!!!


.........................(let me walk down these stairs right quick..)





I know you remember mentioning how Houston Galleria is the biggest .....Basically the size of both Galleria Dallas AND Northpark put together.......Remember???...Well I also said you shouldn't mix oil with water. The Houston Galleria is so big that is serves BOTH purposes of our 2 malls...That's a double edged sword.....I guess for size bragging rights it's a good thing...For mall ambiance and experience its Horrible!!!!.......Its a deterrent for big spenders because its too much mixture of riff-raff....I'6s a deterrent for regular spenders because its also a magnet for mischief and petty crimes because its a hang-out for empty pocet patrons that cause an uneasy vibe in certain portions for REGULAR spenders.


Dallas is always smarter....WE Kept them Seperated....

Ok...Let's do some numbers.........




......THE numbers!!!!!!!.........


The Galleria- 2.212,000 sq.ft 345 stores 35,000,000 visitors a year

...Remember this quote below.......You're about to eat it!!!!!!!

Quote:
Your issue is that you tend to think that MORE is BETTER (although you claim not to)...and we both know that isn't the truth, lol. Take DART for instance...far more expansive than Houston's MetroRail, yet hardly ANYONE utilizes it...while Houston's system, while much smaller, gets much better utilization...and our bus system is doing even better. -spacecitytx

Northpark Center-2,000,000 sq.ft 221 stores 27,000,000 visitors a year
Quote:
8 BEST Places For Shopping In Texas
The history of shopping in the state began from the forming of the oldest shopping mall in the United States, Highland Park Village which opened in 1931. Since then the state has constructed numerous shopping spots for locals and tourists.

#1. North Park Center....Not the MOST visitors but the BEST OPTION ....IN TEXAS!!!

North Park Center is an upscale and enclosed shopping mall in the city of Dallas, Texas. The mall was originally opened in 1935 and today consists of more than 200 stores and restaurants offering the visitors with the widest range of products and delicious cuisines from around the world.

+


Galleria Dallas-1,700,000 sq.ft 200 stores 19,000,000 visitors a year.


....So!!!!!!!.......When I add BOTH of our malls together.......(calculator noise)

If Dallas COPIED Houston( Like Houston always does Dallas) and had BOTH of our malls in one...This is what we would have..


2,000,000 221 stores 27,000,000
+ 1,700,000 200 stores 19,000,000
-------------------------------------------------------------
3,700,000 m sf. 421 stores 46,000,000 visitors a year:eek:







Give up!

Last edited by dallasboi; 05-27-2023 at 12:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2023, 08:31 AM
 
Location: Houston/Austin, TX
9,715 posts, read 6,335,889 times
Reputation: 6274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Yeah, because it's new urbanist in design. It reminds me of The Shops at Park Lane or the West Village.



I know what you mean, but you can't go wrong with a common design. That's what I like about HPV and NorthPark. The architecture is so high quality, that it does not need any real updating to fit in with the times. Based on the architecture style of ROD, it's not going to age as well and will need a new facade or renovation. Pretty much the same way that The Galleria has been renovated and updated over the years.
Yeah I agree. HPV sort of gives me Rice University vibes in its fine aging architecture. When Rice opens something new, it designs it to match the original architecture from over 100 years ago.


https://news.rice.edu/sites/g/files/...s/opera3_0.jpg

I like that about HPV. I also like ROD’s individual store lining that showcase the brand’s look. Both are great for a shopping experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2023, 10:28 AM
 
Location: Houston, Tx.
869 posts, read 308,360 times
Reputation: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
......THE numbers!!!!!!!.........


The Galleria- 2.212,000 sq.ft 345 stores 35,000,000 visitors a year

...Remember this quote below.......You're about to eat it!!!!!!!




Northpark Center-2,000,000 sq.ft 221 stores 27,000,000 visitors a year

+[/b]

Galleria Dallas-1,700,000 sq.ft 200 stores 19,000,000 visitors a year.


....So!!!!!!!.......When I add BOTH of our malls together.......(calculator noise)

If Dallas COPIED Houston( Like Houston always does Dallas) and had BOTH of our malls in one...This is what we would have..


2,000,000 221 stores 27,000,000
+ 1,700,000 200 stores 19,000,000
-------------------------------------------------------------
3,700,000 m sf. 421 stores 46,000,000 visitors a year:eek:







Give up!


Lol, damn...you're STILL talking.

I'm debating with a kid here

I notice you like exchange what you would consider a flaw in Houston as a win for Dallas, lol. Example...if the Galleria in Houston were the best option in Texas, but NPM got the most visitors, then you would be yelling to the high skies how that makes Dallas number one...but of course, since this is Houston, you're going to make that a loss for us. Hypocrisy at it's finest!

Besides that, I also mentioned that The Galleria does about $2 billion MORE in sales than NPM...so you're telling me that the biggest mall in Texas, that gets MORE visitors per year constantly, AND outsells NPM by big numbers is somehow SECOND to your over-glorified mall? You mean MY MALL, that beats YOUR MALL in 3 categories is only second-best?? Yea...you and Willie better come up with something better than that

This doesn't even take into count our other big-time malls, like Memorial City Mall and Town & Country Mall. Katy Mills, anyone? City Centre? The Shops at Rice Village? Boi, I can go on and on. You LOSE, despite having more luxury stores. Not sure how many times I can say it before it FINALLY sinks in.


Still losing, dude. Got anything else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2023, 11:21 AM
 
141 posts, read 42,797 times
Reputation: 46
There are fourteen Interstates and Highways ushering out from Dallas-Fort Worth that feed potential state and out of state customers towards area retail centers. The most significant of these is 1-45 that travels south to connect the North Texas area with 7.1 million people living in the Houston area.
This is the biggest reason why the two markets differ.
Why keep a Neiman Marcus located within the Shops of Willow Bend? To the South of it is North Dallas, to the North is Plano / Frisco, to the East is the Richardson Corridor, and to the West is Las Colinas.
In other words, this negates shutting and relocating that Neiman Marcus to somewhere north of Frisco. Figure they will build another one there in that huge Field development (Close to the PGA headquarters).
If they one day locate a Neiman Marcus in Southlake, that will make six. Nieman Marcus is the main factor keeping Luxury stores from opening in North Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2023, 02:25 PM
 
Location: NE Atlanta Metro
3,197 posts, read 5,340,031 times
Reputation: 3195
You Dallas and Houston posters need to stop bickering and appreciate the abundance of retail, restaurants & overall top notch amenities you have in Texas. There is an embarrassment of offerings available in DFW and Houston alone, combined it’s ridiculous.

I know it’s C-D and all in fun, but just sayin’.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2023, 04:38 PM
 
Location: Houston, Tx.
869 posts, read 308,360 times
Reputation: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by First24 View Post
You Dallas and Houston posters need to stop bickering and appreciate the abundance of retail, restaurants & overall top notch amenities you have in Texas. There is an embarrassment of offerings available in DFW and Houston alone, combined it’s ridiculous.

I know it’s C-D and all in fun, but just sayin’.

Lol...but see, when you say something like that, there's one PARTICULAR Dallas Booster who will agree...then add, "But Dallas' is better".

This IS all fun and games to me, but I also like FACTS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:59 PM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top