Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2023, 08:00 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,381,685 times

Advertisements

I apologize Jason. My intentions are not to derail the thread. But I do have to correct statements where they lay.

In the attempt to put the thread back on topic. Dallas now has a NEW TEXAS EXCLUSIVE.........

"Slutty Vegan DALLAS"

https://sluttyveganatl.com/dallas/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2023, 10:59 AM

9,699 posts, read 6,331,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
I apologize Jason. My intentions are not to derail the thread. But I do have to correct statements where they lay.

In the attempt to put the thread back on topic. Dallas now has a NEW TEXAS EXCLUSIVE.........

"Slutty Vegan DALLAS"

https://sluttyveganatl.com/dallas/
You’re not the one correcting. You’ve made the false claims. I’ve done the correcting here. You’re right about derailing the thread thoigh

This is a shopping thread not food. So to actually get back on topic... Up and coming golf apparel brand Bad birdie opens first Texas store

https://badbirdiegolf.com/pages/stores

Last edited by ParaguaneroSwag; 06-30-2023 at 11:11 AM..

Old 06-30-2023, 12:20 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,725,912 times
There's hundreds of articles out there that show that chatgpt just tells you what you want to

Chatgpt learns its users and tailor the responses to the user. If Chatgpt determines the question is being asked by a Dallas user with a severe inferiority complex it's going to paint Dallas in the best light posable. Just because AI is non- biased doesn't mean it can't detect the bias in the person posing the question and tell them what they want to hear.

Old 07-02-2023, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
You’re not the one correcting. You’ve made the false claims. I’ve done the correcting here. You’re right about derailing the thread thoigh

This is a shopping thread not food. So to actually get back on topic... Up and coming golf apparel brand Bad birdie opens first Texas store

https://badbirdiegolf.com/pages/stores
Yeah...I remember you mentioning it...but it was in response to something...You don't just GLEE-Fully state this every time the subject comes up.

.....So I really don't think that counts as CORRECTING.

I know it's not about food ....Hence the apology...And while food is not relative to the thread topic this food place is a TEXAS EXCLUSIVE .... which in fact IS relative to the thread topic.

I also said "In the ATTEMPT" to get it back on track.......Meaning..I should use a conceptual bridge conversation to guide it back to the topic.

Old 07-02-2023, 07:52 AM

9,699 posts, read 6,331,792 times
Quote:
Yeah...I remember you mentioning it...but it was in response to something...You don't just GLEE-Fully state this every time the subject comes up.

.....So I really don't think that counts as CORRECTING.

I know it's not about food ....Hence the apology...And while food is not relative to the thread topic this food place is a TEXAS EXCLUSIVE .... which in fact IS relative to the thread topic.

I also said "In the ATTEMPT" to get it back on track.......Meaning..I should use a conceptual bridge conversation to guide it back to the topic.
Correcting is correcting. “Highland park Village is more valuable than ROD” is a statement which is not correct. Therefore gets corrected. One of a handful.

Old 07-02-2023, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Correcting is correcting. “Highland park Village is more valuable than ROD” is a statement which is not correct. Therefore gets corrected. One of a handful.
HPV is definitely more valuable than ROD.

Old 07-03-2023, 09:25 AM

783 posts, read 414,591 times
Quote:
HPV is definitely more valuable than ROD.
No data backs this up. ROD is statistically more valuable than HPV. More valuable is not necessarily better either. SoCo is the most valuable shopping district in the state but it doesn’t compare to ROD/HPV in terms of luxury offerings.

Old 07-03-2023, 10:19 AM

5,580 posts, read 4,832,572 times
There seems to be an assumption in this discussion that "luxury" = "better". There's lots of shoppers who are looking for uniqueness, authenticity, value, eclectic selection, service, etc. etc. that may even care about "luxury" chains.

Old 07-03-2023, 11:19 AM

ROD is just a cloned concept of luxury taken from Dallas...

Are Dallas and Houston Really Just the Same City?
https://www.dmagazine.com/frontburne...the-same-city/
Quote:
Last week I debated the relative merits of Dallas and Houston with the editorial director of Houstonia Magazine. Our exchange took place on the airwaves of Houston’s public radio station, KUHF. A fine human by the name of Chris Kratovil wrote in with his own theory about the two cities: they are too similar to get along. With his permission:

My compliments on your efforts to defend the honor of Dallas against the attacks emanating from the Bayou City. You performed well on KUHF, and our mutual teachers at Cistercian and Notre Dame would doubtless be proud of your rhetorical skills.

The only weak part of your performance was your relative lack of familiarity with Houston which is, of course, entirely understandable if you’ve only been there a handful of times. I’ve lived and worked in both cities as an adult and a professional. Surprisingly few Dallasites seem to have done this. Based on my experiences as an ex-Houstonian and current North Texan, I’d like to share a handful of observations regarding the two cities.

The Dallas-Houston rivalry has always struck me as a classic case of familiarity breeding contempt. Most aspects of Dallas life have a direct, clear analog in Houston. When I first moved to Houston in 2000, I was fond of describing the place as “Bizarro World Dallas” where every facet of Dallas had a slightly warped but still recognizable clone.

Old 07-03-2023, 11:26 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,725,912 times
The entire Mini-me city of Dallas is watered-down (sterile) clone of its big brother Houston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas