Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2014, 05:30 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times

Advertisements

Couple who claimed they caught a live chupacabra, chooses to have the animal euthanized

Never seen a canine eat with its front paws. Kind of a weird look for a raccoon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2014, 06:47 PM

6,291 posts, read 7,497,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Couple who claimed they caught a live chupacabra, chooses to have the animal euthanized

Never seen a canine eat with its front paws. Kind of a weird look for a raccoon.
Why no video ? For all we know that is a analogue made up of ballistics gelatin that can be manipulated to simulate any behavior. Did they save any tissue samples or "droppings" ? I think I would rather waist my time looking for Hogzilla myself lol Remember that guy who charged people $20 to see Sasquatch in Katy but kept it under glass. People paid and guess what , he admits it was a hoax....Now I'm totally disillusioned with human nature lol

Old 04-06-2014, 08:48 AM

587 posts, read 961,076 times
So these people had a raccoon killed for no good reason? C'mon folks, just leave the wild life alone. Mkay?

Old 04-07-2014, 03:19 PM

15,526 posts, read 10,496,731 times
Looks like a possum to me.

Old 04-07-2014, 06:24 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,520,885 times
its not a possum- I have had pet possums. These peo0ple ought to be stuffed.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:47 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times
The video worked for me...I'm shocked they euthanized it. Conspiracy!!!!

Old 04-08-2014, 12:08 PM

6,291 posts, read 7,497,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
Why no video ? For all we know that is a analogue made up of ballistics gelatin that can be manipulated to simulate any behavior. Did they save any tissue samples or "droppings" ? I think I would rather waist my time looking for Hogzilla myself lol Remember that guy who charged people $20 to see Sasquatch in Katy but kept it under glass. People paid and guess what , he admits it was a hoax....Now I'm totally disillusioned with human nature lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
The video worked for me...I'm shocked they euthanized it. Conspiracy!!!!
Oh there was a video I missed that lol . It is not a dog, that's for sure, but DNA testing would have been the only way to determine for sure, now we will never know for sure

Old 04-09-2014, 09:11 AM

17 posts, read 39,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
Oh there was a video I missed that lol . It is not a dog, that's for sure, but DNA testing would have been the only way to determine for sure, now we will never know for sure
A raccoon, when it gets right down to it, is a little bear. Take a look at this picture of a hairless bear on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71owjoS9ouQ

Case closed.

Old 04-10-2014, 12:26 PM

1,361 posts, read 2,272,434 times
Poor little thing. Looks just like the hairless raccoon I saw online.
I don't know why anyone would suggest it looked like a canine considering the way it sat back on it's haunches to eat. Odd too that the "expert" had no info on the "chupacabra" since our Animal Control was very quick to identify what we thought was a mangy coyote as a Texas Blue Dog. My neighbor followed it down the street into the green belt so had a good description when he called them. Animal Control told him right off about the new hybrid of coyote and Mexican Hairless Dog. Fits exactly what the thing I saw looked like. Apparently they are multiplying but I can't find much online. I was interested when I saw this story but it's absolutely not the same creature. I do think the Blue Dog fits the description of the "chupacabra" we've been hearing about in South Texas so I've had fun laughing about having our own little neighborhood monster. Keeping an eye on the outdoor kitties though-apparently they eat them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas