Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: In which order would you put these cities by there hills and scenery
Nacogdoches 22 70.97%
Tyler 6 19.35%
Jacksonville 3 9.68%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 11:45 PM

1,064 posts, read 1,904,876 times

Advertisements

You need to go to google map,Yahoo map or any other maps with new annexing showing the current city limits and yes I stand by what I say when I say Lufkin has is the largest mircopolitan area in the state and no time before it is metropolitan any year.Lufkin cover almost every shopping store Tylers has to offer and this is a major player the highways of Lufkin connects you to almost every major city Houston on US 59 and Beautmont on US 69 Waco on Hwy 7 and Dallas/Tyler on US69 North and Huntsville Hwy 94 and San Antonio/Austin on Hwy 103 that convert into hwy 21 or hwy 7 andNacogdoches/Longview/Shreveport US59.
Lufkin is a minni version of Houston people say it all the Time.When traveling around Lufkin loop it is laid out like a major city every exit leads to a major city and with the exspanion going on the N loop which makes it make Tyler look like the country.If you come to east texas you well 90% of the time have to travel through Lufkin.Coming from southeast Texas to get to Tyler/Longview you will past through Lufkin.Tyler has the taller buildings and Lufkin has the metropolitan roads so don't blast Lufkin for any thing less.Lufkin has way more traffic coming through there city then Tyler slow lane loop or their two lane toll road which was a waste of time in the country area of the county ''NO MANS LAND''.
Nac is more popular with the hip hop scene then any of the others plus Nac has been wet since the 60's
and Tyler and Lufkin are semi wet.Nac sell liquer which made us a better pic for musician not just rappers but R&B/Country singers we have the venues to support it.Nac and Lufkin are just lucky to close to each other and count on what one doesn't have.K.Michelle is coming to the Civic center on May 22 and Webbie came last week about a month ago Rich homie Quam came.People from Many/Logansport/Mansfield Louisanna and yes Tyler and Longview be here all the time partying................

Old 04-24-2014, 12:47 AM

577 posts, read 512,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee936 View Post
You need to go to google map,Yahoo map or any other maps with new annexing showing the current city limits and yes I stand by what I say when I say Lufkin has is the largest mircopolitan area in the state and no time before it is metropolitan any year.Lufkin cover almost every shopping store Tylers has to offer and this is a major player the highways of Lufkin connects you to almost every major city Houston on US 59 and Beautmont on US 69 Waco on Hwy 7 and Dallas/Tyler on US69 North and Huntsville Hwy 94 and San Antonio/Austin on Hwy 103 that convert into hwy 21 or hwy 7 andNacogdoches/Longview/Shreveport US59.
Lufkin is a minni version of Houston people say it all the Time.When traveling around Lufkin loop it is laid out like a major city every exit leads to a major city and with the exspanion going on the N loop which makes it make Tyler look like the country.If you come to east texas you well 90% of the time have to travel through Lufkin.Coming from southeast Texas to get to Tyler/Longview you will past through Lufkin.Tyler has the taller buildings and Lufkin has the metropolitan roads so don't blast Lufkin for any thing less.Lufkin has way more traffic coming through there city then Tyler slow lane loop or their two lane toll road which was a waste of time in the country area of the county ''NO MANS LAND''.
Nac is more popular with the hip hop scene then any of the others plus Nac has been wet since the 60's
and Tyler and Lufkin are semi wet.Nac sell liquer which made us a better pic for musician not just rappers but R&B/Country singers we have the venues to support it.Nac and Lufkin are just lucky to close to each other and count on what one doesn't have.K.Michelle is coming to the Civic center on May 22 and Webbie came last week about a month ago Rich homie Quam came.People from Many/Logansport/Mansfield Louisanna and yes Tyler and Longview be here all the time partying................
Have a link to a source that shows that Lufkin is larger than 33.67 sq miles??? Also it would be very embarrassing if someone took the time to actually make a list of all the retail stores Tyler has that Lufkin doesn't, just a couple that pop into my head are Dillards, Macy's, Gander Mountain, Kohl's, and Burlington Coat Factory, and that was just a few seconds of thinking. Get real with your posts, that mess you wrote is nothing but your opinion and active imagination. Give a fact, then a source for your fact, that's how it works when you are in the real world. Your assessment of Lufkin roads sounds like it is the center of the universe. I could make the same inference for the roads out of any city in America, of course the roads all lead to other major places, it's called a highway "system" for a reason. LMAO.

Old 04-24-2014, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctk0p7 View Post
Have a link to a source that shows that Lufkin is larger than 33.67 sq miles??? Also it would be very embarrassing if someone took the time to actually make a list of all the retail stores Tyler has that Lufkin doesn't, just a couple that pop into my head are Dillards, Macy's, Gander Mountain, Kohl's, and Burlington Coat Factory, and that was just a few seconds of thinking. Get real with your posts, that mess you wrote is nothing but your opinion and active imagination. Give a fact, then a source for your fact, that's how it works when you are in the real world. Your assessment of Lufkin roads sounds like it is the center of the universe. I could make the same inference for the roads out of any city in America, of course the roads all lead to other major places, it's called a highway "system" for a reason. LMAO.
I can name a couple as well Belks,Kmart,Fallas outlet and that was in a NYC sec lmao so what was your point and yes Lufkin is 33.67 but with Hudson,Burke and Diboll being connect to the city and Tyler not having one city connected to it 55sq mi compared to 60 sq mi is a big difference give a fact that you know.
Tyler just got a Popeyes and went crazy on citydata about it.Nacogodoches and Lufkin have had popeyes locations since the 80's lol klmao again klmao.Tyler is the only city you didn't name that is not connect to every major hub now thats a bigbut any.You making references sound ridiculous lol because not talking citys that are connect to most but ones that are not cough cough Tyler lol

Old 04-24-2014, 03:35 AM

Tyler has the third worst housing market in the state so that 96,000 residents might decline Chicago lol.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:43 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,141,786 times
Quote:
I can name a couple as well Belks,Kmart,Fallas outlet and that was in a NYC sec lmao so what was your point and yes Lufkin is 33.67 but with Hudson,Burke and Diboll being connect to the city and Tyler not having one city connected to it 55sq mi compared to 60 sq mi is a big difference give a fact that you know.
Tyler just got a Popeyes and went crazy on citydata about it.Nacogodoches and Lufkin have had popeyes locations since the 80's lol klmao again klmao.Tyler is the only city you didn't name that is not connect to every major hub now thats a bigbut any.You making references sound ridiculous lol because not talking citys that are connect to most but ones that are not cough cough Tyler lol
Tyler always had a popeyes off gentry when I was growing up there...sometime in the 90's it pulled out, and then came back....but the restaurant isnt new to Tyler at all...I think most Tylerites on CD were just happy because it was coming BACK

Old 04-24-2014, 09:19 AM

3,028 posts, read 5,086,306 times
Quote:
Tyler has the third worst housing market in the state so that 96,000 residents might decline Chicago lol.
I just explained this, go to Tyler sub.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:55 AM

3,028 posts, read 5,086,306 times
Also Dee, I think you were trying to say there are no cities or large number of people near Tyler's city limits. There are the areas of Lindale three miles from Tyler/Lindale city limits, Whitehouse 1 1/2 miles city limits apart and Gresham/Flint abut each other and Tyler's city limits. These areas include probably 40,000 people. Again, their are now, more than 117,000 people who live in Smith county but not in Tyler's city limits. Tyler does not annex, unless an area asks to be annexed. There are no plans short or long range to annex any people, maybe some vacant along 69 North.

You were gone from city data for sometime? But you got us fired up, so I guess you were missed, lol. We had no one to correct you with "the facts". But as before, I hope I will not respond to you but instead just let you go on, with misinformation, yeah, it will be hard to do, lol.

Old 04-24-2014, 11:11 AM

Quote:

You know you are on city-data and that you COULD look up actual information on this site for data before making your posts. If you add Diboll, Hudson and Burke to Lufkin, it only adds 10 more sq miles. Which would be approx 43.67 sq miles, and that still doesn't come near the 60 sq miles you claim. Where do you come up with this stuff? Also, the amount of comparison you give the different cities based on who has a particular chain of chicken fast food eatery was enough to make me nearly fall on the floor laughing. And for your retail chains, I would hardly compare your examples of mainly local/regional outlets as an apples to apples comparison to Tyler, with the exception of Kmart which is national and fairly insignificant these days. I hardly believe that Belks, Kmart, and Fallas outlet (whatever that is) can compare to Dillards, Macy's etc that Tyler has. Tyler is a much larger population center and can support higher end national retailers, after all Smith County has two and a half times the population as Angelina county. These two cities shouldn't even be compared because they aren't even in the same league. Lufkin does well for a city it's size and should be compared to Nacogdoches, Huntsville, and Marshall.

Old 04-24-2014, 05:11 PM

You guys that are bashing this area is something else but the correct sq mi is 47 ok klmao just shows that Lufkin isn't far from what 54 sq mi klmao.That seem to be a blow out for yall guys again lol but why waste time because Nacogdoches won by a long shot on the poll
People from this area know that homer Texas is connected to Lufkin which would have add to be around 60 sq mi but who cares anyway Nac/Lufkin area got this area on lock.

Last edited by dee936; 04-24-2014 at 05:22 PM..

Old 04-24-2014, 05:48 PM

Quote:
You guys that are bashing this area is something else but the correct sq mi is 47 ok klmao just shows that Lufkin isn't far from what 54 sq mi klmao.That seem to be a blow out for yall guys again lol but why waste time because Nacogdoches won by a long shot on the poll
People from this area know that homer Texas is connected to Lufkin which would have add to be around 60 sq mi but who cares anyway Nac/Lufkin area got this area on lock.
I haven't read anything negative about Lufkin or Nacogdoches posted on here, most people think they are very nice towns, including me. That being said, people are correcting your misinformation regarding the statistical information on cities you have made claims about. The main link to this website, www.city-data.com has a place for you to put the city in and pull up the statistical information, you should try it sometime, it's very informative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas