Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2014, 09:43 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,622,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The city of Longview received an application this past week for a building permit for City Center, a three-story, multi-use development at 616 City Center Way, off Fourth Street just south of Loop 281.
Developer Dante Hahn is behind the project, which he has said will consist of an 80,000-square-foot building with service and retail businesses on the first floor and about 50 loft-style apartments on the second and third floors. The building is the centerpiece of a development he is planning for the area.
Hahn built a Suburban Extended Stay Hotel nearby, and he has plans to build a Sleep Inn and Copeland’s of New Orleans restaurant as part of the project.
The permit application for City Center lists its construction value at $2.75 million.
The mixed retail/loft development would be the first of its kind in Longview.
Wow this is big news for Longview if this gets built. Were talking 50 loft-style apartments mixed in with retail,dining,office, and residential. I know Longview was pretty impressive as far as business/economy as of lately but this will be a huge step in the right direction. And in the past 10 years Longview has made impressive strides to bring in big businesses to the city and making steps in diversifying it's economy. It's a facebook page for the project(not much). And the developer Dante Hahn already developed some lofts in downtown Longview and owns the Suburban Extended Stay Hotel already on the land where City Center will be built.

Here's some construction and rendering pictures :

Copelands's in Longview would be SUPER HUGE! Only 1 located in Texas is in Southlake

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 03:17 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,084,282 times
Great news, said to be 3 story building as shown at top, but what is the 6 story two block long building with street scene, awnings, cars, trees?

Good for Longview, $2.6 million?

Old 04-28-2014, 03:29 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,338,208 times
Nice. Copeland's is terrible though.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:28 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Good luck to the developer - hope it takes off and prospers!

Old 04-28-2014, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Good luck to the developer - hope it takes off and prospers!

Kathryn:

Do you know where that street scene is from, it is not part of the development, is it part of Good Shepard?
Doesn't really look like that to me, my bad?

Old 04-28-2014, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
Kathryn:

Do you know where that street scene is from, it is not part of the development, is it part of Good Shepard?
Doesn't really look like that to me, my bad?
It doesn't look like any "real" street scene from Longview, though the bottom half of the street scene looks like the downtown area. I really have no idea how this picture was made or where it was made. Sorry.

Old 04-28-2014, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
It doesn't look like any "real" street scene from Longview, though the bottom half of the street scene looks like the downtown area. I really have no idea how this picture was made or where it was made. Sorry.
Sorry, the one immediately under, City Center Longview, that's the one we don't think exists?

Old 04-28-2014, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
Sorry, the one immediately under, City Center Longview, that's the one we don't think exists?
I don't think the first or the second picture exists in real life anywhere. The second photo seems to be an enhanced view (computerized image) of downtown Longview, using the street view and first story of existing buildings and adding additional stories and "fluff." The first one (three stories) is a computer generated image of a non existing building.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:13 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,622,736 times

Here's another pic that I got from the City Center brochure. Construction has already started on the Sleep Inn and I was told by one of the people behind City Center that the multi-family and retail/office phase will begin "soon". Didn't give an exact date but like I mentioned before the developer has already completed some successful sites.

Also about that pic in the first picture that's not in Longview. Just a rendering that they hope will look somewhat similar to what they plan on building in Longview. That could be anywhere in any major city USA. Looks like City Centre in Houston or Midtown in Houston or any multi-use development.

And me personally enjoyed Copeland's in New Orleans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas