Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 09:27 AM

256 posts, read 320,842 times

Advertisements

As a Texan moved to California, long drives are the least of my worries now. I've driven to work before (50 miles) and it took 4 hours. I used to drive the 3 or so hours from Austin to north Dallas and be done for the day. Last time I was in Texas we drove from Austin to Arlington for the Cowboys game, done around the city for a while, went to the game, and then on the way home we stopped in Waco to visit my uncle for a while before finally driving home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 04:15 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,479,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
No, I've just lived here most of my life. Granted, Texas has its share of braggarts and jerks, but you paint with a broad brush. I lived in Midland itself for 30 years, and didn't see much of this. Since there are a lot of transplants there, some FRIENDLY ribbing was in order.

14 million? Try 26 million and counting.
LOL you see...14 million would be a MAJORITY! Just over half...get it?

Smack yourself once again just to be sure!

....LOL Texans...

Old 05-04-2015, 04:42 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,868,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
LOL you see...14 million would be a MAJORITY! Just over half...get it?

Smack yourself once again just to be sure!

....LOL Texans...
Can't imagine why you stay here when you apparently have nothing but scorn for Texas/Texans.

Whatever. So enjoy your joke.

Old 05-04-2015, 04:48 PM

Actually I'm not in Texas anymore...I can still dislike it from where I am though.

Old 05-04-2015, 05:13 PM

256 posts, read 320,842 times
It must be hard to hate so many people.

Old 05-04-2015, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Actually I'm not in Texas anymore...I can still dislike it from where I am though.
Oh good! Dislike it and us all you want!

Old 05-05-2015, 12:32 PM

For the record, I don't HATE Texas or Texans. I just simply point out that they are NOT what they believe they are nor what they they try to sell themselves as.

That doesn't equal hate by any means.

Quote:
Whatever. So enjoy your joke.
It was only a joke to you because you didn't get it!

Had you understood the relevance of 14 million you would have seen it as sarcasm...as it was meant to be. You see, you indicated that I was wrong about what the majority thinks and I implied sarcastically that you must've polled the majority to know that your thinking was the way the majority thinks as opposed to my assertion of how Texans think.

You actually provide no proof that the majority think like how I said they do or the way you say.
It's YOUR opinion only.

...This is gonna take a looooong time if I have to explain everything to you like this!

Old 05-05-2015, 01:12 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,844,304 times
Quote:
Have at it, Cyclops. I can't tell that your dislike has any negative ramifications to anyone in Texas, but meanwhile you make for some pretty cheap entertainment (though I will say "you get what you pay for" in this case).

Where do you live again?

Old 05-05-2015, 02:03 PM

Quote:
For the record, I don't HATE Texas or Texans. I just simply point out that they are NOT what they believe they are nor what they they try to sell themselves as.

That doesn't equal hate by any means.

It was only a joke to you because you didn't get it!

Had you understood the relevance of 14 million you would have seen it as sarcasm...as it was meant to be. You see, you indicated that I was wrong about what the majority thinks and I implied sarcastically that you must've polled the majority to know that your thinking was the way the majority thinks as opposed to my assertion of how Texans think.

You actually provide no proof that the majority think like how I said they do or the way you say.
It's YOUR opinion only.

...This is gonna take a looooong time if I have to explain everything to you like this!

Of COURSE it's my opinion, I never said otherwise--and I'm just not THAT interested in having you explain whatever. You provided no proof for your statement as well--it's just as much opinion as mine is.

Anyway, glad you're out of Texas and happy somewhere else. Life is too short to live in a place you don't like.

Old 05-05-2015, 02:35 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,819,768 times
Quote:
So, how many people in Texas exactly do you think subscribe to this rationale about who they are as people? I think your opinion on those numbers may be exaggerated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas