Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 11:34 AM

420 posts, read 705,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
That's not at all the point. If you weren't allowed to buy a gun on Sunday then you'd have Texans all over the state up in arms. ()
I can go months without needed to buy a bottle but if I want to buy a bottle of scotch on Sunday then that's what I want to do. There is no foreseeable benefit to having the stores closed on Sunday. Other than to "give them a day off" like one poster suggested.

Texans want small government but this isn't an example of it.

As somebody who has a CHL, I wouldn't care at all if you couldn't buy a gun on a certain day of the week. That would leave six days to buy a gun. Again, it's not a big deal and doesn't really affect anyone's life if you can plan for something and not live life completely impulsively. I'm not against liquor stores being open Sunday, I don't think anyone really is. It's just an issue of "who cares" and "what difference does it make?" Why waste legislative time on something so unimportant? Is everything supposed to be open 24/7/365 for the convenience of impulse?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2014, 11:52 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,312,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayStokes View Post
As somebody who has a CHL, I wouldn't care at all if you couldn't buy a gun on a certain day of the week. That would leave six days to buy a gun. Again, it's not a big deal and doesn't really affect anyone's life if you can plan for something and not live life completely impulsively. I'm not against liquor stores being open Sunday, I don't think anyone really is. It's just an issue of "who cares" and "what difference does it make?" Why waste legislative time on something so unimportant? Is everything supposed to be open 24/7/365 for the convenience of impulse?
I could go on and on about the bolded, especially related to Texas politics.

I'm sure if it were a law, Texans would be going bizerk about it being unconstitutional.

The problem I mainly see is Texans largely want "freedom" and "small government" yet this is the exact opposite and most Texans find it perfectly fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: