Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 05:25 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,082,273 times

Advertisements

More Texan? Then it's gota' be the hill country in the view of most America, most of America is still in shock when they see all the trees, forest and rolling hills of East Texas, which, here we go again, more Southern than Texan. oh me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 07:09 PM

4,379 posts, read 4,618,388 times
Will of course Hill Country is more scenic I mean it's the hill country.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:59 PM

1,624 posts, read 2,035,558 times
Looks like hill country wins. I should have did a poll. I am still new to this forum.

Old 05-24-2014, 11:25 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times
The Hill Country is more quintessentially Texan in character and flavor - or should I stay more STEREOTYPICALLY Texan. East Texas is a huge swath of the state and is just as "Texan" as any other part of the state. Each region has a different feel to it. East Texas has a lot of southern influence, and the dense vegetation and forests give it a more stereotypically southern sense of geography. Both areas have lots of hills as well as beautiful views and scenery.

Old 05-24-2014, 11:53 AM

2,283 posts, read 3,855,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfoe View Post
That may be true but central texas has alot of more hills per capita. Drive on 183 south toward Austin for example or 195 from Killeen to Florence you see hills every quarter mile for example. East and central texas are my favorite regions of texas
Negative. If you're really speaking "per capita", the far less populated east TX area probably has one hill per person.

They're both Texan, one just gets more rain.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:28 AM

1,297 posts, read 3,099,478 times
I'd need to see photos of those big hills in east texas metro Matt speaks of. I've seen some rolling hillyish areas but nothing that would rival the hill country. I just visited bandera today and it was a pretty place. Felt almost like the old west.

I prefer the hill country and the rivers, lakes and hills that are offered there compared to whats in east texas. Plus, I tend to come across lots of random nasty little bugs during the summer. I remember staying in nacogdoches one night last year and it was awful. The hill country doesn't have that or Mosquitos which east texas has.

I feel the same as some others as the hill country feels like texas with Texans that live there and a cowboy culture; whereas east texas feels like the south with rednecks. To me, I get a different vibe in both regions, but the hill country vibe is the only one I like...

Old 05-25-2014, 12:45 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,698 posts, read 58,012,579 times
Mosquitoes or Scorpions?. pick your poison!

Dry (still humid) or sticky / damp sweltering humid? pick your climate

vistas for 100 miles, or vistas to the next tree. ? pick your view

Louisiana or Arkansas, or Mexico.?.. pick your neighbors.

Hiil Country has less tornadoes, but more floods...(than east TX)

Texas is pretty big (if you have not heard that). AND the vegetation is more diverse than the climate.

Beauty is subjective.

The Hill Country works for my TX taste as I grew up on a Colorado ranch, and live in PNW where I have 300' tall Evergreen trees on my farm (for the burden of 285 days / yr rain). But... PNW is really pretty and cool (50f nights) for the 80 days / yr when TX is REALLY HOT.

Everything has it's price.
Tough to have a place with your best burrito and best BBQ too!

Come to Hill COuntry in Oct, and I will prepare you some PNW Salmon Burritos and BBQ. Will make up some wild Berry Ice Cream too! Coolers fly free on Southwest Airlines!

Old 05-25-2014, 09:48 AM

4,379 posts, read 4,618,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastontracks View Post
I'd need to see photos of those big hills in east texas metro Matt speaks of. I've seen some rolling hillyish areas but nothing that would rival the hill country. I just visited bandera today and it was a pretty place. Felt almost like the old west.

I prefer the hill country and the rivers, lakes and hills that are offered there compared to whats in east texas. Plus, I tend to come across lots of random nasty little bugs during the summer. I remember staying in nacogdoches one night last year and it was awful. The hill country doesn't have that or Mosquitos which east texas has.

I feel the same as some others as the hill country feels like texas with Texans that live there and a cowboy culture; whereas east texas feels like the south with rednecks. To me, I get a different vibe in both regions, but the hill country vibe is the only one I like...
That's the thing East Texas is full of rolling hills but nothing that rivals Hill Country. They Call it Hill Country for a reason.

When it comes to the Hill Country I prefer the scenic views,hills,rocks in that area over East Texas in that regards.

But of course when it comes to vegetation and lakes I prefer East Texas over Hill Country. I mean East Texas is home to the only natural lake in Texas (Caddo Lake).

Old 05-25-2014, 10:21 AM

145 posts, read 200,175 times
The thing about East Texas is that the hills are more isolated and hidden behind the trees. There are pockets that can rival the Hill country but the ruggedness is not as extensive.

Old 05-25-2014, 11:54 AM

1,624 posts, read 2,035,558 times
The hills in central texas especially west central texas are taller than east texas hills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas