Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 04:58 PM

1,624 posts, read 2,035,558 times

Advertisements

East texas is beautiful as well. But it looks like the southeast. Central texas looks more "texan" and still is fairly green.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 04:58 PM

3,491 posts, read 6,971,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfoe View Post
I highly agree with your post. Central Texas has more hills that are taller and longer than east Texas hills. Fort hood, killeen, copperas cove are good examples of what im talking about. Like someone said on here earlier they call it hill country for a reason.
Killeen aint Hill Country.....its Prairies and Lakes.

Old 05-27-2014, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerntraveler View Post
Im sorry but have you been on 195 leaving killeen head towards Austin.... hills everywhere. Have you been to western killeen headed towards copperas cove??? Once agian hills in every direction. Have u even traveled killeen. Ever heard of hill country customs located in killeen. Killeen is in the heart of central texas. How it doesnt doesn't have hills is beyond me.

Old 05-27-2014, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Strange you never disputed copperas cove or fort hood being in the hill country but yet you dispute killeen when killeen borders both fort hood and copperas cove lol. Alot of ppl hate killeen but that doesn't mean its not in hill country. I challenge anybody on this thread to travel killeen and see for themselves.

Old 05-27-2014, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Not to mention the only lake in the killeen area is in belton which is almost 30 minutes away so no. Anybody on this thread can pull up a map for themselves and see.

Old 05-27-2014, 05:46 PM

just cuz it has hills doesn't mean it is the Hill Country....not all of Central Texas is Hill Country.Killeen is in the same region as DFW.I just decided to mention one city as they are all in the same region.

Old 05-27-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
just cuz it has hills doesn't mean it is the Hill Country....not all of Central Texas is Hill Country.Killeen is in the same region as DFW.I just decided to mention one city as they are all in the same region.
Actually the dfw metro area doesn't start until the waco area which a hour north of killeen. Look up bell county or even killeen on wiki and watch it be included in hill country which is part of central texas. dfw is in north Texas and killeen is well south of that. Have you even traveled down i35. Have you even been to texas?

Old 05-27-2014, 06:03 PM

Like i said before. Look at map find killeen. Better yet see killeen for yourself. And be the judge.

Old 05-27-2014, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfoe View Post
Actually the dfw metro area doesn't start until the waco area which a hour north of killeen. Look up bell county or even killeen on wiki and watch it be included in hill country which is part of central texas. dfw is in north Texas and killeen is well south of that. Have you even traveled down i35. Have you even been to texas?
I was not saying its a part of DFW....you misunderstood me.....I was saying it is all Prairies and Lakes.Im from DFW originally and I have lived in Texas all my life.Waco aint part of Dallas Fort Worth Arlington Metroplex.I am just going by Traveltex....don't take it personally....and don't take it up with me,take it up with Texas Highways.I did not classify it this way....the gov did.

Old 05-27-2014, 06:09 PM

145 posts, read 200,175 times
Quote:
Killeen is in the same region as DFW.
No not at all. Dallas Fort Worth is in North Texas. It is flatter and has far more trees. Killeen is in Central Texas and is a lot drier and more rugged. Going up Interstate 35 things do not start to look like DFW until you hit Waco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas