Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 07:14 AM

37 posts, read 58,092 times

Advertisements

I just wonder why they don't include the area west of Fort Worth Hill country because Glenn Rose Granbury and Mineral Wells can definitely make up the northern part of Hill Country. These areas are pretty as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2017, 12:49 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,377,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidlewisville View Post
I just wonder why they don't include the area west of Fort Worth Hill country because Glenn Rose Granbury and Mineral Wells can definitely make up the northern part of Hill Country. These areas are pretty as well.
Ya,those areas seem to be nice looking.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:51 PM

62 posts, read 83,954 times
I've lived in east Texas most of my life, and I've hunted in the Hill Country for a long time as well. Let's be honest, neither area is all that pretty or scenic. Hell, outside of Big Bend this whole state is nothing to boast about when it comes to scenery.

Old 02-09-2017, 10:25 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,083,379 times
In your opinion. Tyler area and other areas Northeast toward Gilmer and actually on toward Texarkana are as well, fairly scenic. You can have the Big Bend Area. Rocky Mountains, and I don't mean Colorado, and very little vegetation. Not for me. Just saying, and what is scenic and what is NOT scenic, is more or less in the eyes of the beholder, lol.

Oh, and thousands would argue the Hill Country IS scenic. Yeah, I know, these areas are not Switzerland or Austria, or for that matter, as nice as many areas of the country. But there are far WORSE areas all over America. Still, just saying.

Old 02-10-2017, 05:07 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,140,507 times
I agree....Northeast Texas does have a a fair amount of beauty to it. And depending on your personal tastes, the argument can be made that the Hill Country provides scenic views as well..

Old 02-10-2017, 01:11 PM

3,020 posts, read 8,614,065 times
Anyone who says the Hill Country isn't that scenic has never driven between Fredericksburg and Llano in the springtime when the wildflowers and bluebonnets are in full bloom. Some of the most beautiful scenery you'll ever lay eyes on while never leaving the road. Photographers and artists (painters) are known to stop at certain points along the road - I think last year we probably saw at least a dozen on that highway alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas