U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2014, 01:20 AM

756 posts, read 733,733 times

Advertisements

Where can I find information on where there are any Manufactured Home Subdivisions? A Manufactured Home Subdivision is filled with Manufactured Homes but instead where you own land instead of a Mobile Home Community where all (or 99.9%) of the Mobile Home Communities have renting their land (homesites) and other expenses not to mention all of the (or is just my bad experience with mobile home communities?)

I know that there are Manufactured Home Subdivisions existing in Texas. I have searched the Real Estate sites and some Manufactured House is located in a Neighborhood. (The Real Estate Listing provides the name of a neighborhood.) ... But I have forgotten the names of such locations. So perhaps I need to find a website with information about neighborhoods. Are there any sites? What about on City-Data?

In fact, it seems there are a few small towns that are welcoming to Manufactured House. Locations examples are New Fairview, Rhome, and Justin. Any place else?

Also, where are there other places with Manufactured House for sale, or land for a Manufactured House?

Is all the land outlawing Manufactured House?!

Why?! Because "It would attract filthy people with filthy yards." ?! That is a dumb restriction, and has nothing to do with filthy yards. Instead of restricting Manufactured Home, the people who make such dumb laws should restrict filthy the yards instead.

With each year they design, build, and sell Manufactured House (and also Modular House) they do not look any different than any average (built on site) house. However, they still do not look like McMansions (Or are we all forced to buy McMansions now?) ... Recent Manufactured / Modular House does not look like portable office building or wrecked train cars. I expect such outlawing happening inside city limits, but is it also outlawed outside city limits?

My desired location is any county that is not Grayson County, not Collin County, not Fannin County, not Lamar County, not Kaufman County, none of the counties near said counties,

and preferably Denton County, Johnson County,

and possibly Cooke County, Wise County, Parker County.

Adding more to list of demands:

I do not want restrictions placed on Internet access,
and also I must have Public Transportation if I ever need it.

I think I would have to pay 20 % to 50 % Down Payment on land, which is fine. (small amount of land)
And my credit score is above 700, but I want to increase my credit history.

I am not sure if I posted in the wrong forum category, or if I should have divided this up into multiple threads.

But if anybody has any knowledge of sites to find land for Manufactured House, neighborhood, subdivision, or just land ... and feel free to provide your observations on the views of Manufactured House in the state of Texas.

Are Manufactured House welcome? or are Manufactured House outlawed?

Last edited by In_Correct; 08-12-2014 at 01:35 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas