Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 08:26 AM

334 posts, read 584,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust Never Sleeps View Post
NO! Don't buy a sticker!

Sit tight and watch. In no time you'll see those Ford King Ranch pick-ups (F-150s, 250's, 350's) SUVs, boats, jet skis, ATVs, and other toys on Craigslist Inc. The Rig Lizards moved in fast and saddled up pronto. Granny, their raison d'être was security, maintenance, and child support payments. I have some great stories from Cotulla and around La Salle County, TX. with reference to the Lizards.

Rig Lizards have a strange metamorphosis. They hatch as social butterflies. In their nymph form they transform into "Night Moths" called pupa. In boom years they swarm and metamorphosize into adult "Rig Lizards." Rig Lizards feed on an endangered species, young Dummies with money

The social consequences? It's an old story, "Marks of weakness, marks of woe."

Some call it the “Texas Miracle.” I say "oops", you can believe in miracles if you want but put your trust in facts.
Interesting remarks, Rust. I see you over on the Corpus Christi (where I am considering) forum now and again.

You are right about the spendy toys soon ending up sold for nickels on the dollar, if the decline continues. Don't know if you heard the latest, but Concho and Pioneer just announced pulling waaaaaaaay back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipuck View Post
You do realize this "commodity" is one of the few in the world that is monopolized by a foreign entity, which basically set an inflated price.

What do you think the price is if OPEC is not around?

Now the monopoly no longer want to be a monopoly (at least for a while), it is back to the price it should be.

I actually thought this was long time coming, this is one of the longest run in a while.

The oil firms will found a way to make money at $50 or $40 or whatever. All the inflated price paid in platform rentals to salary just have to drop with the lower price just like a real market equilibrium would.
All the majors and many of the big wildcatters are saying "drop your prices or no dice" to their vendors -

No big fat February bonus for us.

Oil over $100 per barrel - it was inflated, indeed. BUT I think it ought to be over $100, always, because that is about the only way to get people to conserve and to think about other energy sources. No, green energy can't deliver the power of oil/gas but they should be used to the max, and new ways invented.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:37 AM

552 posts, read 1,055,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Fats View Post
Interesting remarks, Rust. I see you over on the Corpus Christi (where I am considering) forum now and again.

You are right about the spendy toys soon ending up sold for nickels on the dollar, if the decline continues. Don't know if you heard the latest, but Concho and Pioneer just announced pulling waaaaaaaay back.
Yes, know about Concho and Pioneer cut-backs and the Spraberry-Wolfcamp area with it's recent very bad weather.

I would be careful to consider all circumstances and possible consequences before relocating in Corpus. It's fine if you have the resources to live above the fey. If not, it's a gritty, poor parochial town.

Good luck!

Old 01-07-2015, 04:13 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,447,646 times
As prices plunge, has Texas' oil boom gone bust?

Old 01-29-2015, 12:42 PM

Lariat in Odessa just went kaput, 265 or so jobs gone. Over 200 houses put up for sale w/in a couple days in Midland-Odessa, too. Hmm.

Old 01-29-2015, 01:48 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,870,090 times
as someone that's interested in economics, it's interesting to watch a bust play out. Record crude inventories here in the US. I think we'll go below 40 in the next month.

Old 01-29-2015, 03:55 PM

587 posts, read 960,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Fats View Post
Lariat in Odessa just went kaput, 265 or so jobs gone. Over 200 houses put up for sale w/in a couple days in Midland-Odessa, too. Hmm.
My bargain hunt is under way in Midland. I have seen some price movement downwards but most seem to still be trying to hold on to last summer's prices. That's ok, I can wait nine months or a year for them accept reality.

Old 01-30-2015, 01:49 AM

1,795 posts, read 3,165,294 times
The construction of Keystone Pipeline will help benefit Houston as well as the American economy. There's always a light even if the horizon is dark.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...senate-hurdle/

Old 01-30-2015, 07:19 AM

15,268 posts, read 35,619,033 times
Keystone is already built in Texas, although there will be a few new jobs associated with its operation.

Old 01-30-2015, 03:51 PM

1,795 posts, read 3,165,294 times
Oil prices shot up 8% today after a 7 month decline. Does that mean Oil prices are on the rise? We'll have to wait and see.

Oil surges 8 percent as U.S. rig count plunges, shorts scramble
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas