Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 01:33 PM

190 posts, read 219,735 times

Advertisements

I'm interested in what other Texans (particularly from Austin, Dallas, and Houston) think of San Antonio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2008, 02:15 PM

1,488 posts, read 5,237,271 times
Good place for a convention, conference, vacation. Wouldn't want to live there!

Old 01-06-2008, 02:54 PM

190 posts, read 219,735 times
Why wouldn't you like to live in San Antonio? I ask for honest responses, but also keep it tactful!

Old 01-06-2008, 04:50 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,868,308 times
Decent enough town with good shopping and well-laid out roads. It sometimes feels like you are in Mexico because the Hispanic culture is SO prevalent there (store signs in Spanish, lots of Spanish radio stations. etc.) Economy i smor eblue-collar, and the main industries are call centers, transportation/import/export, and military. I enjoy visiting there, but I don't know if I'd want to move there...

Old 01-06-2008, 06:34 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,553,434 times
SA is great if you want big-city without the big-city congestion and expenses. You also have Austin within a reasonable drive and that's always fun. The cheapest major city in Texas to live. I have friends over there who love it - even have tried to get me to come join them

Old 01-06-2008, 06:59 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
San antonio is a nuce city as any. But just like austin it has lost it's big city,small town feel. However just notrh and east between SA and austin is some really nice areas. Especially the hill country.I really like new braunfels as it is a medium size city and near to evrything that is the hill country.Most german with mexican culture. Two very nice rivers for rafting go thru it. It's just a short drive from the best of the hill country with all the services of a town of appox 50,000 last I read.A really nice small town that is Bourne that has gone crazy like frederickburg.As stated it is a very reasonable area tyo live in cost wise.

Old 01-06-2008, 09:43 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,316,631 times
I love San Antonio. I especially like the fact that everyone actually lives *in* San Antonio, not a suburb of San Antonio. Personally, I like the Mexican influence in San Antonio...I always feel like I'm on vacation when I'm there!!!

Old 01-06-2008, 09:52 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,007,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Decent enough town with good shopping and well-laid out roads. It sometimes feels like you are in Mexico because the Hispanic culture is SO prevalent there (store signs in Spanish, lots of Spanish radio stations. etc.) Economy i smor eblue-collar, and the main industries are call centers, transportation/import/export, and military. I enjoy visiting there, but I don't know if I'd want to move there...
I agree, but the "blue collar" thing doesn't bother me at all. SA kind of reminds me of a giant Brownsville, with a River Walk. It's fun to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. I prefer Dallas of the big cities.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:55 AM

2,744 posts, read 6,110,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post

It's interesting how people don't know about San Antonio's F-500 companies, Aerospace companies, Biomedical, etc.

Old 01-07-2008, 04:22 AM

3,247 posts, read 9,050,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweethomeSanAntonio View Post
It's interesting how people don't know about San Antonio's F-500 companies, Aerospace companies, Biomedical, etc.
It is interesting that everyone just have a bad image of the next big metro area in the USA. I been to everyone of Texas major cities thousands of times. IF I thought that S Oak Cliff or Fair Park area a run down slummy area represent Dallas or that ugly East and South Austin was representive of our state capital then I could see where you coming from. Neighborhood by neighborhood I will put SA against any city in Texas.

I think some pf the previous posts has racial undertones against Hispanic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas