Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2015, 06:25 PM

13 posts, read 16,815 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend and I are going on a road trip from Dallas to San Antonio on April 24th. We will be there until the 26th. What are some things we can see or do either on the way there or once we arrive? We are open to stopping different places on the way and I'm aware Fiesta will be going on that weekend in SA so if you have any helpful info about that I'd appreciate it.

Some extra info that might help: I'm 30, he's 32. We both like music, art, movies, culture, sight seeing, history, he loves sports. I love shopping. We both drink - him beer, me wine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2015, 06:30 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,854,435 times
I would highly recommend taking 281 instead of I35. First, it's a more scenic drive, and it will take you through many small towns with good restaurants and places to stop. Second, the traffic and construction on I35 IS AWFUL, and there's no reason to sit through it when you have a good alternate route.

281 will take you by several wineries. One of my favorites is Texas Hills, which is located in Johnson City just a couple of miles off 281. Stop by and enjoy a glass on their lovely patio! http://texashillsvineyard.com

You need to see the San Antonio Missions. They are all run by the National Park Service and have excellent museums in them. The Visitors Center is at San Jose, and it includes an award-winning film. Be sure and bring water and snacks as the missions are somewhat isolated and there are not places to stop nearby.
http://www.nps.gov/saan/index.htm

Old 04-13-2015, 05:26 PM

2,325 posts, read 3,932,372 times
Looks like the two street parades will be going on then, so some roads will be closed off downtown. Be prepared for a lot of crowds & traffic there. Be sure to explore the "museum reach" part of the riverwalk.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:46 AM

1,601 posts, read 2,981,726 times
If you haven't visited the caverns, they're a must....either Inner Space in Georgetown or Natural Bridge closer to San Antonio. They are lots of fun to visit.

Old 04-14-2015, 04:20 PM

9 posts, read 11,412 times
Sea World, Alamo Fort & River walk in Down Town. Good food there at river-walk restaurants. Dinner there will be a good idea. Natural Caverns is an amazing experience. You have around 5 floors high gravity rope just near Caverns & also a Zip line. If you can extend your trip for a day or two, you can drive to nearest Fredericksburg city. Its a beautiful small town. Enjoy climbing up the Enchanted Rock there. You will enjoy your drive to Freds since in Spring plenty of Blue Bonnets & other blooming out there. Have a great trip!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas