Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 10:31 AM

16 posts, read 27,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
Great information, Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 09:49 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Avoid Austin if you're concerned with cost of living and crowds.

Old 05-17-2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Avoid Austin if you're concerned with cost of living and crowds.
Thanks for your advice! Actually, yes we've taken Austin out of the short-list, it's really just a toss up between DFW and SA Metro.

Old 05-17-2015, 01:40 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rross9000 View Post
Thanks for your advice! Actually, yes we've taken Austin out of the short-list, it's really just a toss up between DFW and SA Metro.
Well in that case its dfw all the way....

Old 05-17-2015, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Well in that case its dfw all the way....
Awesome, Thanks for the reply! So what is it about the DFW area that you love?

Old 05-17-2015, 01:55 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,564,671 times
Quote:
Awesome, Thanks for the reply! So what is it about the DFW area that you love?
you might want to do some research before you base everything off one persons opinion..

Old 05-18-2015, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
you might want to do some research before you base everything off one persons opinion..
Thank you for your reply! I've done literally months of research so far and wasn't basing anything off of one reply. I was thanking them for their response and asking for more detailed information. Do you have any insight into DFW or SA Area that could prove helpful? All information is useful! Thanks again!

Old 05-18-2015, 11:58 PM

heh, i figured so. just thought the source of that claim was important.

since i am not biased towards either city (lived in the Houston area all my life, minus college), but have spent numerous occasions visiting friends in either city.. i would say San Antonio is cheaper, has more culture (predominately Hispanic though), much "better" traffic, has a more vibrant city center, and has better water recreational opportunities in the surrounding area. DFW would likely be considered cleaner/more visually appealing, with a little more to do (granted SA has a few things DFW doesn't have), and probably a slightly better quality of life.

i guess it comes down to where you can find a (better?) job, and what your preferences are.

Old 05-19-2015, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
heh, i figured so. just thought the source of that claim was important.

since i am not biased towards either city (lived in the Houston area all my life, minus college), but have spent numerous occasions visiting friends in either city.. i would say San Antonio is cheaper, has more culture (predominately Hispanic though), much "better" traffic, has a more vibrant city center, and has better water recreational opportunities in the surrounding area. DFW would likely be considered cleaner/more visually appealing, with a little more to do (granted SA has a few things DFW doesn't have), and probably a slightly better quality of life.

i guess it comes down to where you can find a (better?) job, and what your preferences are.
Great opinion! I appreciate that. This is really what I'm looking for, real opinions of those who know these amazing cities even better. I think no matter which one we choose at this point, we would be quite happy. I've been switching my research into which neighborhoods are more desirable but yet affordable. Every city has neighborhoods that are really expensive and others that are quite sketchy. I think our trip to these cities in the upcoming weeks will prove helpful for this.

Thanks again, TexasTallest, great response!

Old 05-19-2015, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Great opinion! I appreciate that. This is really what I'm looking for, real opinions of those who know these amazing cities even better. I think no matter which one we choose at this point, we would be quite happy. I've been switching my research into which neighborhoods are more desirable but yet affordable. Every city has neighborhoods that are really expensive and others that are quite sketchy. I think our trip to these cities in the upcoming weeks will prove helpful for this.

Thanks again, TexasTallest, great response!
Yep.. Now that you've narrowed it down to 2 cities, continue doing in depth research on individual neighborhoods that fit your budget. Actually visiting these cities in person will be very helpful. Im not sure where you're coming from, but Texas cities are BIG. So you're going to want to do some planning and try to familiarize yourself with the different parts of each city before you get there and jump in a car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas