Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 10:04 AM

133 posts, read 221,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
While you are dealin. . . Are you a licensed Relator? Can you provide me with you license number to verify in my state?

No and no (although I do deal in certain types of interests in real estate.)

The offer was completely facetious, and should have been so regarded.
I see! So, the question here ,if you don't mind is. . . Would you buy land in those desert plains of - West TEXAS? Forget buy!! If someone gave you 20 - 40 Acres free would you accept? I don't own any land out there myself, I'm just sick of the Ads ran by the scammers. All of the land looks the same to me - how can one even tell what's what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2020, 03:06 PM

5 posts, read 1,926 times
Default Re: west Texas land scams

I own 106 acres out there but my mom is from far west Texas so I grew up going out there and love the ranch I bought that is completely surrounded by mountains. However, most people come from out of state without ever seeing their land lured by cheap prices because they’re already in some sort of desperate financial situation. There is one particular company known for doing everything mentioned in this thread which is a shame because there are some genuinely beautiful properties out there if you know where to look. I got my land for $73,000 but it has electricity and a couple of private dirt roads on the property with internet and cell service. This bought from a company that bends over backwards and resurveyed it for me and leveled the road in front of my property ahead of the annual schedule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas