Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 01:33 PM

3 posts, read 12,728 times

Advertisements

Me and my Fiance are both in our 20's and thinking about moving to Texas. I was wondering which cities would be the nicest for us to live in at our age? Things to do, cost of living, jobs, and possible beaches... unless places often come with pools? The only place I've read about is Corpus Christi. Any info on this city or any other cities would really help us out and is much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 05:45 PM

657 posts, read 2,545,171 times
If you like the water you might like Austin because there is Town Lake near downtown and Lake Travis is nearby.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:42 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,693,254 times
Houston isn't bad for 20 yr olds. I spent my 20's and younger there. Tons of clubs, Galveston is close, and there are pools around too. Austin area is where I'm at now, and that would be good too. Lots of live music, Lakes and swimming holes.

Old 01-30-2008, 07:41 PM

739 posts, read 3,057,096 times
My fiancee and I get married in less than 2 months and then 3 months after we get married we are moving to the DFW area. We liked the DFW area better than Houston. Houston reminded us too much of LA. DFW felt more like San Diego where it was densely populated then some unincorporated spaces and then another city. Hard to explain if you have never been San Diego. Anyways, we really liked the Fort Worth / Arlington / Keller / Southlake areas of DFW. I guess it really depends on what you want in life.

I will say that Kingwood is the most beautiful place we visited in our Week to Texas. When I get a little older, I would love to live there.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:53 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,700,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaxs View Post
DFW felt more like San Diego where it was densely populated then some unincorporated spaces and then another city. Hard to explain if you have never been San Diego.

That's an interesting comment. I have been to San Diego, have family in DFW, and I don't think in any way those two places are remotely similar. Though, that's just one man's opinion.

I do agree with the Houston/LA comparison, though, to a certain extent.

Old 01-30-2008, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
That's an interesting comment. I have been to San Diego, have family in DFW, and I don't think in any way those two places are remotely similar. Though, that's just one man's opinion.

I do agree with the Houston/LA comparison, though, to a certain extent.
haha I know. Its hard to explain. Im not talking about weather, topography ect. Im just talking about how San Diego is not 100% packed in like LA. You can drive for stretches of highway where there is little or sparse development. The county is laid out in "pockets". Im not sure if that makes sense either. Suffice to say we enjoyed DFW better

Old 01-31-2008, 11:04 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,159,147 times
Texas is a very large REPUBLIC. Most of us who have grown up here haven't seen all of it. But I will humbly suggest Dallas is the best city. Particularly Central Dallas inside LBJ(635 Loop).

Old 01-31-2008, 02:35 PM

397 posts, read 1,025,818 times
Quote:
haha I know. Its hard to explain. Im not talking about weather, topography ect. Im just talking about how San Diego is not 100% packed in like LA. You can drive for stretches of highway where there is little or sparse development. The county is laid out in "pockets". Im not sure if that makes sense either. Suffice to say we enjoyed DFW better
I think I know what you're saying in terms of "pockets." However, DFW is not really like San Diego at all.

Old 01-31-2008, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen_SDCA View Post
I think I know what you're saying in terms of "pockets." However, DFW is not really like San Diego at all.
Yes you are right. They are not the same and hence why we are super excited to move to Fort Worth area.

Again, I was basing my analogy, and a bad one on that, of how the dense the area is. I liked how there was still open land in the DFW area.

Old 01-31-2008, 03:02 PM

397 posts, read 1,025,818 times
Quote:
Yes you are right. They are not the same and hence why we are super excited to move to Fort Worth area.

Again, I was basing my analogy, and a bad one on that, of how the dense the area is. I liked how there was still open land in the DFW area.
Good luck with your move to Fort Worth. I hope you like living there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas