Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2015, 02:23 PM

18,126 posts, read 25,269,498 times

Advertisements

Everybody knows about the layoffs in the oil industry
now I'm seeing a huge surge in crime in Houston

This got me wondering.... what is the unemployment rate in Texas?
In 2015 I don't think I've seen one news source stating the unemployment rate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 03:11 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,820,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post

Pretty interesting considering that white collar workers were the ones who primarily got axed, but I'm sure there's some spillover effect onto the blue collar workers as well. Of course it's different for different areas. There's more white collar professionals being laid off in Houston, which will also hurt other retail businesses in a ripple effect, but obviously the situation must be different in Midland or down in the Eagle Ford Shale area south of San Antonio. Either way, I feel like it's too early to really be feeling the worst of that just yet. I noticed Chicago's crime spiked in 2013-2014 when the city was slightly in economic decline for a few quarters, but I'm not sure how directly you could correlate the two situations.

Old 10-20-2015, 03:42 PM

4,433 posts, read 5,344,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post

Do you have stats ?

Old 10-21-2015, 02:33 PM

738 posts, read 764,457 times
Texas LMCI TRACER, LMCI TRACER

Has the stats. Basically the low was over the Summer at 4% and now it's increasing at 4.4%.

Financial hardship is a major cause of alcohol and drug abuse and domestic dispute. Alcohol and Drug addiction are major causes of domestic disputes. Drug addiction is a major cause of property crime when coupled with financial hardship. They don't call it a vicious circle for nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas