Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2015, 07:27 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,789,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Sure, I dont think Houston would be any different than Dallas. LA is really the epicenter of the Burger. IN N Out is a staple in So Cal because of their freshness, quality, consistency. They just do things better. Often times I will compare them to ChicFila. They operate very similarly.

InNOut is a private company and they have their own strategy, they dont franchise so they do expansion slowly in their own time. They could easily be nationwide if they wanted to...
Texas is true beef/burger country and has been for ages. LA just capitalized on the popularity of this American favorite and turned it into a fast food craze.

The bar is pretty low for Chik-fil-A. They certainly know how to sell the illusion of quality, but their product is anything but.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2015, 09:27 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,119,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
Texas is true beef/burger country and has been for ages. LA just capitalized on the popularity of this American favorite and turned it into a fast food craze.

The bar is pretty low for Chik-fil-A. They certainly know how to sell the illusion of quality, but their product is anything but.

Really; chicfila is the only chain besides Cains that uses never frozen chicken hand breaded. Their quality is light years ahead of what you can get at other chains, but mainly what I was speaking to is quality, consistency, friendly capable workers, general high standards.
When I say that about LA. LA pioneered the fast food burger; from McDonalds, Bobs Big Boy, Jack In The Box, Carls Jr and In N Out they were all there in the 50s when the burger exploded. Of course today there are countless other chains and LA has most of them.

Old 12-25-2015, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Really; chicfila is the only chain besides Cains that uses never frozen chicken hand breaded. Their quality is light years ahead of what you can get at other chains, but mainly what I was speaking to is quality, consistency, friendly capable workers, general high standards.
When I say that about LA. LA pioneered the fast food burger; from McDonalds, Bobs Big Boy, Jack In The Box, Carls Jr and In N Out they were all there in the 50s when the burger exploded. Of course today there are countless other chains and LA has most of them.
I just don't think either chain is so good that there is a real need for them to be in Houston.

Old 12-25-2015, 10:05 PM

Quote:
I just don't think either chain is so good that there is a real need for them to be in Houston.
Chicfila is in Houston arent they? In N Out will be in due time.

Old 12-25-2015, 11:12 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Quote:
I'd have to admit I agree with slo. I've never been a regular customer at any of these establishments, but I would give INO the edge on taste alone. Carls Jr is altogether forgettable, and Whataburger simply never impressed me. There are several Texas brands that I loyally patronize, but WB never earned my allegiance.
In N Out is ok... as a snack.

That's just my take on it.

Old 12-25-2015, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Chicfila is in Houston arent they? In N Out will be in due time.
Fast food chicken sandwiches were a niche that had to be filled, so CFA's spread only made sense. INO has no novel appeal for anyone who doesn't know its a California chain.

Old 12-26-2015, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Fast food chicken sandwiches were a niche that had to be filled, so CFA's spread only made sense. INO has no novel appeal for anyone who doesn't know its a California chain.

COMING SOON TO HTOWN>>>>>

Old 12-26-2015, 01:57 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Quote:
COMING SOON TO HTOWN>>>>>

It changes though. Remember, I'm a Texas poster who really likes In-N-Out (minus the fries). When it opened at 7940 N Central they had to get the police to direct traffic because of the lines. No issue now at all. We can hit the drive through or park and eat in no problem at all. No lines. Lines disappear once the hype is over.

Old 12-26-2015, 09:17 AM

Quote:
[b]COMING SOON TO HTOWN>>>>>
Not according to INO's latest statement.

Old 12-26-2015, 11:49 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,781,972 times
Will someone please move this awful thread to the Houston Board.

Debating the merits of any California transplant possibly moving to Houston (much less a freaking overpriced burger joint with crap fries) should NOT be a topic in the "Texas" forum.

Each of our cities have been dragged thru mud (multiple times) on this goopy sauced burger topic (with crap fries). Now it's Houston's turn....but leave the rest of us out of it.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas