Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 05:37 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,544,169 times

Advertisements

Always All About . . . . ME!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2016, 06:19 PM

53 posts, read 77,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasVines View Post
you also have to look at some of the people that are starting these threads

they usually start like this:

1. single parent with more than one kid

2. young

3. no job skills to speak of

4. poor history of employment

5. little to no money

6. in an unstable relationship currently that they are pretending will somehow get better with a 500+ mile move to a place where they know no one

7. partner in their relationship has little to no job skills or education as well and it is pretty clear they are not looking to settle down

8. highly unrealistic expectations about the education they will immediately start on once they arrive in Texas.....and ignorant of the rules about out of state tuition as well

9. they always pretend that some vocation they are looking at in Texas pays some amazing wage and ignore people when they are told that vocation is not in demand in Texas and or there are tens of thousands ALREADY IN TEXAS trying to get those jobs and those jobs in Texas pay less than where they currently live

10. the first things they ask about are CHEAP places to live, SAFE, GREAT SCHOOLS!!!!.....and of course close to "the club" and night life because of course a single parent in an unstable relationship that is pretty much broke and moving across country needs to be worrying about where they and their soon to be ex partner will be going out and clubbing

11. when they are told that cheap, safe, great schools and great night life do not exist generally in the same area they pretty much brush that off as "haters"

12. when ask where they will be working they pretty much tell people to not worry about that and just answer the questions they want answers to

13. lots of stupid people start telling them to look into living in places that are CLEARLY WELL OUTSIDE of their budget to live and then said idiot starts researching all kinds of places in that area and gets mad because they are all so expensive

14. intelligent people come and remind them that Texas has pretty bad public transportation and that their 84 camery with 215,000 miles and an exhaust leak that fills the passenger cabin with exhaust and that blows smoke will probably not pass inspection and emissions in Texas especially in the major cities and even if they can bribe someone to pass it then it will still break down on the freeway (and clog it for the rest of us) if they try and commute in stop and go traffic 45 minutes each way daily

15. stupid people come and support this void of reality dreamer and tell all the realist they are just haters getting in the way of the major life change that this person is about to successfully pull off so they can be one of the biggest out of state contributors to Texas that any of us have ever seen

16. someone eventually looks at their past post on this forum and sees that this is the 5th time they have made one of these cross country life changing moves and it is always from some place that used to be "on fire" (with jobs that actually require some skill, education, work ambition, physical abilities) and to some other new place where "all the easy great jobs are that are cheap, with great schools, safe, and of course great night life" and they have never bothered with the education they were going to get.....their relationships often fall apart before they even move and they still move with even less "support" (if you can call a failing relationship with an unstable person support) and they are doing it again

17. people try and discourage them and tell them they probably need to listen to their mother or father or both and move back to their home area and in with their parents

18. idiots come along and tell them about this condo that is for rent on their block that is just a few hundred a month over their budget, but is available and has everything they want (except of course it is in an outer suburb with bedroom communities and not a lot of low paying jobs in the area)

19. if we are all lucky in a few weeks the person is posting on the forum for some other area that is now "red hot" and Texas is off the map

20. if we are unlucky we get the person that moved here with the two kids, the car that broke down when they were driving 45 minutes away from home to buy "good meat", the life partner they wanted to have a 3rd kid with that they had come to the reality was not stable because they quit their Whataburger job after 2 weeks and did not keep going to the auto repair school after the first few days and the person in question was having a hard time finding any job and ignoring the pleas of her dad to move back closer to him and she was upset that public transpiration did not basically pick up at her front door and employers did not come to her apartment to say "you are hired" and yes we will put up with all of your instability and unreliability in your life like driving a junk car 45 minutes away from home to buy meat from a butcher

stop encouraging people with little chance of success moving to Texas people it is not good for us and it is a hell of a lot worse for them and society in general and their kids

these types of threads come here at least once a week and it is always the same....people with a very CLEAR pattern of poor decision making and unstable histories believing all of that will be ignored by employers because they are unique and that repeating the same thing over again in a new place is a "fresh start" and totally getting angry at people that are not even critical of them, but ask them simple things like "do you even know what general area you will work in which is met with stupid answers like "I DID NOT ASK ABOUT WHERE I WILL WORK ANSWER WHAT I ASK ABOUT!".....and yet some morons do just that over and over again

This is absolutely amazing

Old 02-21-2016, 06:58 PM

1,982 posts, read 971,540 times
People need to embrace their location - new relocatees, natives, etc. It is what it is. If you don't like it then leave. I've been to Texas several times. I like it. I won't complain about it. Actually I've always wanted to live there. So get all that negativity out of here, somewhere else!!

Old 02-21-2016, 07:40 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,772,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortel View Post
Most doctors are pill pushers. If you don't have a common illness, a pill for it, or something they have seen in the past. Good luck. Their is very few doctors that are really good at what they do.

As for mass transit. Well anyone with 50 cents to their name owns a car here. Do I agree no, is that how it is? yes.
Well, I suppose doctors and medicine (pills) go hand in hand. Maybe you prefer leeches, etc.?

I get so sick of hearing people just making things up I could scream. FYI people come from all over the country to our medical facilities. Rich, powerful, famous people who can go anywhere and yet they come to Texas for medical treatment. If you care enough, you can research it yourself, but I doubt you do that. You seem to be one of those people who just make things up as they go along and actually report your made up accusations as fact.

As to mass transit, there are plenty of places that do have it. You want mass transit, run, run, run as fast as you can to it. You sound like you have a problem with anyone who owns a car. That's good. I own 2 vehicles (a truck and a car) so you really have a big problem with me.

I'm surprised you didn't have something to say about the education here as well (matter well join the other naysayers on this issue as well). I'm a born and bred Texan, lived here all my life and guess what? I would never write such a thing as "Their is very few doctors". Ah well, such is life.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:29 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,757,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasVines View Post
you also have to look at some of the people that are starting these threads

they usually start like this:

1. single parent with more than one kid

2. young

3. no job skills to speak of

4. poor history of employment

5. little to no money

6. in an unstable relationship currently that they are pretending will somehow get better with a 500+ mile move to a place where they know no one

7. partner in their relationship has little to no job skills or education as well and it is pretty clear they are not looking to settle down

8. highly unrealistic expectations about the education they will immediately start on once they arrive in Texas.....and ignorant of the rules about out of state tuition as well

9. they always pretend that some vocation they are looking at in Texas pays some amazing wage and ignore people when they are told that vocation is not in demand in Texas and or there are tens of thousands ALREADY IN TEXAS trying to get those jobs and those jobs in Texas pay less than where they currently live

10. the first things they ask about are CHEAP places to live, SAFE, GREAT SCHOOLS!!!!.....and of course close to "the club" and night life because of course a single parent in an unstable relationship that is pretty much broke and moving across country needs to be worrying about where they and their soon to be ex partner will be going out and clubbing

11. when they are told that cheap, safe, great schools and great night life do not exist generally in the same area they pretty much brush that off as "haters"

12. when ask where they will be working they pretty much tell people to not worry about that and just answer the questions they want answers to

13. lots of stupid people start telling them to look into living in places that are CLEARLY WELL OUTSIDE of their budget to live and then said idiot starts researching all kinds of places in that area and gets mad because they are all so expensive

14. intelligent people come and remind them that Texas has pretty bad public transportation and that their 84 camery with 215,000 miles and an exhaust leak that fills the passenger cabin with exhaust and that blows smoke will probably not pass inspection and emissions in Texas especially in the major cities and even if they can bribe someone to pass it then it will still break down on the freeway (and clog it for the rest of us) if they try and commute in stop and go traffic 45 minutes each way daily

15. stupid people come and support this void of reality dreamer and tell all the realist they are just haters getting in the way of the major life change that this person is about to successfully pull off so they can be one of the biggest out of state contributors to Texas that any of us have ever seen

16. someone eventually looks at their past post on this forum and sees that this is the 5th time they have made one of these cross country life changing moves and it is always from some place that used to be "on fire" (with jobs that actually require some skill, education, work ambition, physical abilities) and to some other new place where "all the easy great jobs are that are cheap, with great schools, safe, and of course great night life" and they have never bothered with the education they were going to get.....their relationships often fall apart before they even move and they still move with even less "support" (if you can call a failing relationship with an unstable person support) and they are doing it again

17. people try and discourage them and tell them they probably need to listen to their mother or father or both and move back to their home area and in with their parents

18. idiots come along and tell them about this condo that is for rent on their block that is just a few hundred a month over their budget, but is available and has everything they want (except of course it is in an outer suburb with bedroom communities and not a lot of low paying jobs in the area)

19. if we are all lucky in a few weeks the person is posting on the forum for some other area that is now "red hot" and Texas is off the map

20. if we are unlucky we get the person that moved here with the two kids, the car that broke down when they were driving 45 minutes away from home to buy "good meat", the life partner they wanted to have a 3rd kid with that they had come to the reality was not stable because they quit their Whataburger job after 2 weeks and did not keep going to the auto repair school after the first few days and the person in question was having a hard time finding any job and ignoring the pleas of her dad to move back closer to him and she was upset that public transpiration did not basically pick up at her front door and employers did not come to her apartment to say "you are hired" and yes we will put up with all of your instability and unreliability in your life like driving a junk car 45 minutes away from home to buy meat from a butcher

stop encouraging people with little chance of success moving to Texas people it is not good for us and it is a hell of a lot worse for them and society in general and their kids

these types of threads come here at least once a week and it is always the same....people with a very CLEAR pattern of poor decision making and unstable histories believing all of that will be ignored by employers because they are unique and that repeating the same thing over again in a new place is a "fresh start" and totally getting angry at people that are not even critical of them, but ask them simple things like "do you even know what general area you will work in which is met with stupid answers like "I DID NOT ASK ABOUT WHERE I WILL WORK ANSWER WHAT I ASK ABOUT!".....and yet some morons do just that over and over again

Ha. Sweet. You should make this your standard answer every time someone asks these questions.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:33 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,625,222 times
Texas has a lot of screwed up and unhappy Republicans. Look at the messed up politicians that have come from Texas....

Old 02-22-2016, 10:27 AM

4,433 posts, read 5,346,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Texas has a lot of screwed up and unhappy Republicans. Look at the messed up politicians that have come from Texas....
That was the best effort you could come up with?

Old 02-22-2016, 02:47 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,395,703 times
Quote:
And there are no messed up politicians coming from other states, red OR blue? Honey, you have NOT been paying attention if you think that's the case. Or you're married to your prejudice and don't want to pay attention because it might pop your bubble.

Old 02-22-2016, 05:02 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Right, because the batch of candidates that we've got to choose from for President - from either side of the aisle - is just so freaking stellar this year. I mean, except of course for Cruz - because he's a Texas Republican. All the others are just GREAT.

Old 02-22-2016, 06:11 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,772,088 times
I'm not trying to turn this thread even more political and add to getting it shut down, but I just can't help myself on commenting on Cruz. Texas Republican or not, the man makes my skin crawl. Actually, slimy is how I would describe him. Just because he's 'from Texas' doesn't automatically make him a trust worthy person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas