Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has character and awsome scenery
Longview 10 24.39%
Nacogdoches 15 36.59%
Lufkin 3 7.32%
Neither 13 31.71%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 11:47 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,561,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee936 View Post
Dee has never like Tyler and thats been an old dusty chip on his shoulder nobody care about.
FIFY..

Quote:
Nac and Lufkin got Houston to the South that is growing like a hell strom to the North and the mileage signs may need to change from Lufkin area. I remember in early 00's the you had to reach Humble to get a view of the freeway and big city shopping but now the freeway stretch probably 10 or 15 miles north of Humble so Houston is reach GOING TO reach Nac/Lufkin area before Dallas think about moving pass Mesquite toward Tyler.

Oh yeah I wouldn't be dee if I didn't say this Nac/Lufkin have pretty much every store name that Tyler/Longview have and yes a couple of them may have not came YET but are coming.
Nac and Lufkin have stores and resturants Tyler area don't have.

Houston the fourth largest city in America is the reason why we will keep growning!
Huh? You do realize Tyler is less than 100 miles from Dallas, while Nacogdoches is over 140 miles from Houston.. right? And why would the mileage signs need to change? The center of Houston is still where downtown has always been.. Do you not understand how those measurements work? They dont stop at the edge of the city. Not to mention, Houston hasn't annexed anything lately, so even if it were to the edge of the city, the sign wouldn't need changing. For the record, Houston isn't really growing "like a hell storm" to the north. Well, not towards the north east anyways. Most of the continuing sprawl is confined between i45N and i69S, from The Woodlands to Sugar Land, around the west side of the city. I dont foresee Houston or Dallas ever merging into Nacogdoches or Tyler..
Why are you so insistent on including Lufkin with Nacogdoches' retail? Tyler doesnt include other cities retail to beef up their lineup.. Where is Nacogdoches' Dillards or Macys? Where is the Studio Movie Grill? Or the Hollywood Theater? Oh, you only have a 6 screen Carmike? The "mall" in Nacogdoches is so bad y'all have to drive 20 miles south, to Lufkin's mall.. which still doesnt compare to Tylers retail offerings.
The fourth largest city is cool and all (believe me), but if you're trying to imply a distant population center is reason for your growth/or will one day merge into your area, DFW is the bigger metropolitan area..

Old 03-23-2016, 09:54 AM

1,064 posts, read 1,903,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
FIFY..

Huh? You do realize Tyler is less than 100 miles from Dallas, while Nacogdoches is over 140 miles from Houston.. right? And why would the mileage signs need to change? The center of Houston is still where downtown has always been.. Do you not understand how those measurements work? They dont stop at the edge of the city. Not to mention, Houston hasn't annexed anything lately, so even if it were to the edge of the city, the sign wouldn't need changing. For the record, Houston isn't really growing "like a hell storm" to the north. Well, not towards the north east anyways. Most of the continuing sprawl is confined between i45N and i69S, from The Woodlands to Sugar Land, around the west side of the city. I dont foresee Houston or Dallas ever merging into Nacogdoches or Tyler..
Why are you so insistent on including Lufkin with Nacogdoches' retail? Tyler doesnt include other cities retail to beef up their lineup.. Where is Nacogdoches' Dillards or Macys? Where is the Studio Movie Grill? Or the Hollywood Theater? Oh, you only have a 6 screen Carmike? The "mall" in Nacogdoches is so bad y'all have to drive 20 miles south, to Lufkin's mall.. which still doesnt compare to Tylers retail offerings.
The fourth largest city is cool and all (believe me), but if you're trying to imply a distant population center is reason for your growth/or will one day merge into your area, DFW is the bigger metropolitan area..
Tyler mall and Lufkin mall are about the same size and Lufkin has more major department stores in it

Tyler major stores Jcpennys,Sears,Dilliards and thats it

Lufkin major stores Jcpennys,Sears,Stage,Tjmaxx and just add boot barn which is nothing to brag about

Tyler has one main entry way
Lufkin has 4 entry ways

Lufkin has a carmike theatre that holds 9 screens in it's mall what about Tyler lol!

Lufkin hitting 40,000 people and Tyler hitting 100,000 and Lufkin still has much as Tyler and still building retail shopping center being built pretty much everywhere.

Nac/Lufkin are in central east and the highways connect you almost every major city in Texas but Tyler isn't no discussion.People have to travel throw our area more then Tyler that pretty much only connects to Dallas.
Oh YEA everyone on here congrads to Tyler finally getting a Popeyes I bet they threw a party up there.
That chain has been in Nac and Lufkin since the 80's lol but anyway..........

Old 03-23-2016, 10:03 AM

3 posts, read 2,264 times
does anybody know if you have to be enrolled in school to get a Texas ID card if you are 16

Old 03-23-2016, 10:05 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,139,268 times
Tyler had a couple of Popeyes for years until sometime in the late 9p's from what I recall..they eventually closed and then came back...I dont see Popeyes as anything to brag about either way.

Old 03-23-2016, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionCDJ View Post
does anybody know if you have to be enrolled in school to get a Texas ID card if you are 16
Hi I am dee and in Nac you don't have to so I am guessing its all over Texas same rule follow.

Old 03-23-2016, 11:03 AM

3,028 posts, read 5,080,402 times
Dee oh Dee oh Dee. You go on and on and on. You compare Nac to Tyler then you Compar Lufkin to Tyler if Lufkin has something you think is better/bigger than and Nac to COMPARE to Tyler. How many times do all this posters need to POINT out in so many ways, there really isn't a good comparison between the three.

The Lufkin mall. The Tyler Mall has many, many expensive specialty shops. NO TJ Max is down South Broadway with all the new Shops of Cumberland Road shopping area, no mall but far more stores/shops restaurants than the Lufkin mall can even think about or for that matter the combined shopping in Nac and Lufkin doesn't equal Tyler. Sales Taxes prove that point.

Lufkin year to date 3,720,000

Nacagdoches 1,452,000

Tyler 10,458.000

Even more than Waco which has 9,277,000

Slightly more than Beaumont 9,956,000

Wichita Falls 7,703,000

Abilene Slightly more 10,723,000

San Angelo 7,488,000

Denton with 128,000 pop 7,327,000

McKinney 156,000 population 10,853,000

So Dee this should close this discussion and get you on to something else.

Do you see Tyler has more than twice, 100% more sales taxes, which means sales, if I need to explain that of both Nac and Lufkin COMBINED for "pete's" sake, lol

my facts, which means my source for the fact, not just opinions, thrown out there like you do, and we keep correcting you

Monthly Sales Tax Allocation Comparison Summary Reports

Last edited by Mark Senior; 03-23-2016 at 12:16 PM..

Old 03-23-2016, 03:54 PM

577 posts, read 512,041 times
The monthly sales tax receipts from the State of Texas comptroller speak volumes about the characterization of which East Texas cities are the shopping hubs. Tyler, by a huge margin, is THE retail leader of East Texas, and this is according to actual sales, no opinion there, just good ole reality. Good post Mark, and nice use of FACTS and DATA to back up exactly what you are saying. Tyler even beats out my old hometown of Texarkana.

Old 03-23-2016, 06:29 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,561,555 times
Quote:
Tyler mall and Lufkin mall are about the same size.
More facts..

Tyler's Broadway Square - 620,000 sq ft.

SIMON | Investor Relations | Press Release

Lufkin Mall - 365,000 sq ft.

Lufkin Mall | Properties | GK Development, Inc.

I'm not sure how anyone could percieve those numbers to be "about the same size"..? Broadway Square is almost twice as big...

Old 03-23-2016, 08:32 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,844,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
More facts..

Tyler's Broadway Square - 620,000 sq ft.

SIMON | Investor Relations | Press Release

Lufkin Mall - 365,000 sq ft.

Lufkin Mall | Properties | GK Development, Inc.

I'm not sure how anyone could percieve those numbers to be "about the same size"..? Broadway Square is almost twice as big...
And Broadway Square Mall is not even the primary shopping center in Tyler. The Village at Cumberland Park is.
Village At Cumberland Park - Tyler, Texas - Directory Page - 700,000 sf of shopping -

It's not even completed yet and has 48 retailers and about 40 more spaces that are still under construction. And this does not include the surrounding properties that haven't even begun being built upon yet, but utilities have already been run to many of them.

Old 03-23-2016, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
And Broadway Square Mall is not even the primary shopping center in Tyler. The Village at Cumberland Park is.
Village At Cumberland Park - Tyler, Texas - Directory Page - 700,000 sf of shopping -

It's not even completed yet and has 48 retailers and about 40 more spaces that are still under construction. And this does not include the surrounding properties that haven't even begun being built upon yet, but utilities have already been run to many of them.
That is not accurate as the sq footage of the mall because they added Tjmaxx as extra property and the STADIUM seating cinema to the mall so that isn't accurate at all.

I can say this Nac is winning in the poll and I don't see how Tyler made it jealous way in this conversation lol ha ha made you look!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas