Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 11:01 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
You may not like Waco, but Waco looks "NOTHING'' like Killeen.
I don't like any of the cities of central Texas but Killeen looks nothing like Temple and Temple looks nothing like Copperas Cove. However all four cities are suburban. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 11:47 PM

21 posts, read 150,096 times
Thanks for the help everyone, I have found a place in Copperas Cove, 10 minutes to work! And they will take my Dog.

I did look at a place in Killeen that was close to veterans memorial bvld and it was not the nicest area of town, I like what I saw going down clear creek road and the loop. Overall very happy I found a place in copperas cove and I hope to purchase a home in 6 months.

Old 02-18-2008, 05:51 AM

3,494 posts, read 14,381,458 times
woohoo! you may be my neighbor! let me know if you have any questions-best places to get take-out, restaurants, etc etc!! welcome to coryell county!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Petrelli View Post
Thanks for the help everyone, I have found a place in Copperas Cove, 10 minutes to work! And they will take my Dog.

I did look at a place in Killeen that was close to veterans memorial bvld and it was not the nicest area of town, I like what I saw going down clear creek road and the loop. Overall very happy I found a place in copperas cove and I hope to purchase a home in 6 months.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:18 PM

21 posts, read 150,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
woohoo! you may be my neighbor! let me know if you have any questions-best places to get take-out, restaurants, etc etc!! welcome to coryell county!
Thanks for the welcome. I'm really excited. I'm really glad they have a Rosa's in Killeen or else I might starve, you will see me there every Tuesday I will have to get the low down on the best places to eat, I wish there was a Barnes and Noble, any similar bookstores with a coffee shop?

I really want to get an aluminum flat boat for the lakes, I can't wait for summer!

Old 02-18-2008, 04:12 PM

30 posts, read 143,402 times
I was just in Killeen and will be moving there march 1st and i happen to like it. It reminds me of Topeka, ks where i grew up, although alot more traffic!! I love the rental market, the selection of stores and places to eat and the areas i visited seemed fairly new. We will be in temp housing for 2 weeks till we find a place to rent. I think we will look near clear creek rd as this is close to the college where my husband works. This appears to be a nice, newer area with alot of nice places to rent. I hope we will be happy there!!

Old 02-18-2008, 04:21 PM

in the Cove we only have two latte places-i think one however is a drive thru-that is Cuppies. but the Bean "something" i believe has a sit down place.
no bookstores in Cove. i do alot of my shopping on the internet cuz i dont like to drive to Killeen unless i have to

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome. I'm really excited. I'm really glad they have a Rosa's in Killeen or else I might starve, you will see me there every Tuesday I will have to get the low down on the best places to eat, I wish there was a Barnes and Noble, any similar bookstores with a coffee shop?

I really want to get an aluminum flat boat for the lakes, I can't wait for summer!

Old 02-18-2008, 04:41 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
Quote:

There is a Barnes and Noble going up in Harker Heights to the east of Killeen.

Old 02-18-2008, 05:07 PM

oh and a Cracker Barrel is opening up in HH soon too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
There is a Barnes and Noble going up in Harker Heights to the east of Killeen.

Old 02-19-2008, 06:37 PM

3 posts, read 27,547 times
Quote:
I think I have heard downtown is a place to avoid living? Is that correct?

Can anyone fill me in on what areas I would not want to rent or purchase a home/apt. in the Killeen, Fort Hood, Copperas Cove, Harker Heights area?

I'm going to drive around the area and look for some places to live.

What about Belton, I have not heard much about that area, I do want to be close to work so I would avoid Temple unless it is my best option and worth the drive.

Also is living very close to an area High School a good idea or bad? I don't have any kids just a big dog.
I have lived in Killeen since 2002...I work in property management and one employee I work with has been here since the 90's and that persons spouse works for the Killeen Police Dept...
Crime has spiked all over this area for the last 3-4 months...every town and neighborhood is getting car break ins, home break ins...In Copperas Cove, Killeen, Harker Heights and even on Ft Hood..(I have a friend on Ft Hood and her neighbors kid almost was abducted...but he escaped from the man that was trying to kid-nap him.

DEFINATELY donot live downtown...
I think the good areas are off of Stagecoach Rd(not too developed), Stillhouse Hollow Estates (Killeen and Harker Heights), near the airport area is nice...anywhere is else...isnt nice.
Stay South of the Expressway....

For grocery shopping stay away from the Killeen WalMart it is HORRIBLE!!!
Try Harker Heights HEB and WalMart or those two in Copperas Cove.

Old 02-19-2008, 06:50 PM

3 posts, read 27,547 times
Quote:

Rositas downtown has excellant lunches that are affordable mexican.
El Taco Jalisco's is off of Rancier...near the east gate.
An italian place...Little Italy on Ft Hood St and then there is [URL="http://www.yellowpages.com/info-LMS57620527/Pignettis-Italian-Restaurant"]Pignetti's Italian Restaurant[/URL] in the mall but they are a bit pricey for Killeena nd they have bands some nights and then there is Giovannis (they have one in Killeen and one is Copperas Cove.
For Coffee try Java Jo's on Stan Schlueter and there is a great place on Ft Hood street near the east gate called Java Jolt and in the summer they have fantastic snowcones (especially after working in the garden on a hot summer day!)

For Burgers....try Billy Bob's burgers off of Atkinson...which is off of WS Young right before you to Rancier Ave. Great Onion Rings!

For Country Food and great specials daily...
try Papa's Cafe in Harker Heights off of Knights Way on Millers Way..

Hope this HELPS!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas