Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 01:40 PM

1 posts, read 8,266 times

Advertisements

My husband moved to Killeen from Germany in March 2009. I currently live in Denver Colorado. I was planning on moving to Kileen but changed my mind after visiting several times. Since my husband moved there we have experienced the rudest people, our house broken into twice, our family dog poisoned, money hungry bussinesses. You would think that since Killeen is a small town it would have a small town feel, but unfortunately not. You would also think that since it's a military town it would be a tight net community, but unfortunately it's not. The first time I visited Killeen all I felt was evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 02:03 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VYazzie View Post
My husband moved to Killeen from Germany in March 2009. I currently live in Denver Colorado. I was planning on moving to Kileen but changed my mind after visiting several times. Since my husband moved there we have experienced the rudest people, our house broken into twice, our family dog poisoned, money hungry bussinesses. You would think that since Killeen is a small town it would have a small town feel, but unfortunately not. You would also think that since it's a military town it would be a tight net community, but unfortunately it's not. The first time I visited Killeen all I felt was evil.
I could of told you this before you moved there. My family stays there and someone robbed them twice in 1 week. I'll say the neighborhoods are close (depending where you live). Killeen is really not a town to settle in or try to raise a family. Everyone who lives there; eventually leaves. If you want to settle down around that area; try Harker Heights or Copperas Cove.

Old 12-05-2009, 11:19 AM

1,365 posts, read 2,834,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I could of told you this before you moved there. My family stays there and someone robbed them twice in 1 week. I'll say the neighborhoods are close (depending where you live). Killeen is really not a town to settle in or try to raise a family. Everyone who lives there; eventually leaves. If you want to settle down around that area; try Harker Heights or Copperas Cove.
That isn't true at all. My family has lived in Fort Hood for YEARS and haven't been robbed once. When my sister moved out, she moved to a house in Long Branch (which is considered to be one of the worst areas in town) and she also has never been robbed.

It's just like any other city where you have your good parts, and your not so good parts. It's definitely not crime free, but compared to places like Oak Cliff in Dallas, the north side of Houston, and the east side of SA...Killeen is a walk in the park.

A lot of the robberies are done by dumb ass military kids with nothing better to do anyway. I used to be one of those dumb ass kids. I never robbed no one, but just petty stuff like skipping school, smoking, etc.

And no, everybody that moves there does not wind up leaving. A lot of people of all races and backgrounds are perfectly comfortable there and have no intentions of leaving.

Old 12-05-2009, 11:29 AM

The funny thing is though, people that have never lived in a city bigger than Killeen actually believe they go hard like that, but they have no idea.

You do have some real hood people in Killeen, but they're way outnumbered by the fakes lol.

Old 12-05-2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcCoySays View Post
That isn't true at all. My family has lived in Fort Hood for YEARS and haven't been robbed once. When my sister moved out, she moved to a house in Long Branch (which is considered to be one of the worst areas in town) and she also has never been robbed.

It's just like any other city where you have your good parts, and your not so good parts. It's definitely not crime free, but compared to places like Oak Cliff in Dallas, the north side of Houston, and the east side of SA...Killeen is a walk in the park.

A lot of the robberies are done by dumb ass military kids with nothing better to do anyway. I used to be one of those dumb ass kids. I never robbed no one, but just petty stuff like skipping school, smoking, etc.

And no, everybody that moves there does not wind up leaving. A lot of people of all races and backgrounds are perfectly comfortable there and have no intentions of leaving.
Killeen is very much a transient city and you can't convince me otherwise. It's a military town!

Old 12-05-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
The funny thing is though, people that have never lived in a city bigger than Killeen actually believe they go hard like that, but they have no idea.

You do have some real hood people in Killeen, but they're way outnumbered by the fakes lol.
It's because Killeen has a high crime rate for a city its size. It's not exaggeration when people say Killeen is a dangerous city; you have your good areas of course just like any other city (Detroit and Baltimore even) However, crime still is there.

Old 12-05-2009, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Killeen is very much a transient city and you can't convince me otherwise. It's a military town!
Well just because you're not convinced doesn't mean it ain't true bro

Old 12-05-2009, 06:12 PM

Quote:
It's because Killeen has a high crime rate for a city its size. It's not exaggeration when people say Killeen is a dangerous city; you have your good areas of course just like any other city (Detroit and Baltimore even) However, crime still is there.
It most definitely is an exaggeration. And for anyone that thinks Killeen is dangerous, I truly pity them if they ever have to live in a real city.

This is a good example of things not always being as they appear. This is also a good example of people making a mountain out of a mole hill. Who knows, you probably have to live here to understand.

Old 12-05-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
It most definitely is an exaggeration. And for anyone that thinks Killeen is dangerous, I truly pity them if they ever have to live in a real city.

This is a good example of things not always being as they appear. This is also a good example of people making a mountain out of a mole hill. Who knows, you probably have to live here to understand.
Actually; it all depends on personal experience. I've heard people consider places like Detroit safe. It felt as if I lived there since I traveled there too many times to count. From my experience; it was safe and quiet, but I didn't care for it. However, someone people will have a much worse experience than me. It all comes down to individual experiences and opinions toward the Killeen area.

My family has a different opinion from you though. They've been living there for about 10 years and they had to move one of their kid's away because he was threatened by a gang. My cousin comments about how it has lots of gangs in the area because of the influx of people from all over the country.

Old 12-05-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Actually; it all depends on personal experience. I've heard people consider places like Detroit safe. It felt as if I lived there since I traveled there too many times to count. From my experience; it was safe and quiet, but I didn't care for it. However, someone people will have a much worse experience than me. It all comes down to individual experiences and opinions toward the Killeen area.

My family has a different opinion from you though. They've been living there for about 10 years and they had to move one of their kid's away because he was threatened by a gang. My cousin comments about how it has lots of gangs in the area because of the influx of people from all over the country.
But the crime of Detroit and Killeen are in no way, form, or fashion comparable.

In cities like Detroit, New Orleans, Memphis, Atlanta, and even Houston, things like murders, drugs, rape, and poverty are a serious problem. Not so in Killeen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas