Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2016, 05:25 PM

67,652 posts, read 60,741,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
As if Texas is the only place the KKK types exist in? Chicago has a chapter, and other states do too. White on black crime, even the heinous kind, knows no borders.

Black on white crime, or black on black crime, or white on white crime, or (the smallest group) white on black crime - none of those categories of crime respect state borders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2016, 05:36 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,776,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
As if Texas is the only place the KKK types exist in? Chicago has a chapter, and other states do too. White on black crime, even the heinous kind, knows no borders.
Yeah, I haven't said otherwise.

Quote:
At least here we don't reward such scumbag murderers with 3 hots & a cot for the rest of their lives.
I would hardly call a lifetime of confinement a reward, but that's another story.

Quote:
But I guess we can assume Charles Manson is representative of California liberals.
No, of course not.

Old 06-19-2016, 10:29 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,080,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
No, of course not.
You just contradicted your whole argument.

Old 06-19-2016, 10:52 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,091,005 times
Texans think that their state economy is better than actual reality. Currently, now that oil is down, Texas has a slightly better than average unemployment rate, a slightly better than average workplace participation rate, a slightly better than average COL, and slightly worse than average hourly wages. The current state economy, in comparison to the rest of the states, is about a six on a scale of one to ten.

Old 06-20-2016, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
Texans think that their state economy is better than actual reality. Currently, now that oil is down, Texas has a slightly better than average unemployment rate, a slightly better than average workplace participation rate, a slightly better than average COL, and slightly worse than average hourly wages. The current state economy, in comparison to the rest of the states, is about a six on a scale of one to ten.
We also have a lower than average cost of living, lower than average real estate prices, and no state income tax, just to name a few economic points that make a daily difference (in a positive way) in the lives of Texans.

Here's an actual study on various state economies, as opposed to one person's opinion. Texas is ranked #4.

State Economy Ranking July 2015 - Business Insider

But wait, there's more!
https://wallethub.com/edu/states-wit...onomies/21697/
Texas #9.

State Growth And Debt Rank for 2016 - Charts
Texas #4.

Now - you may be saying that due to an overall sluggish WORLD and national market, all US states are performing in a lackluster manner, including Texas. You could make a case for that argument. But if you're implying that Texas is only performing at an average rate comparatively per the US, then I'd say you're wrong based on the above studies.

Old 06-20-2016, 01:55 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,091,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
We also have a lower than average cost of living, lower than average real estate prices, and no state income tax, just to name a few economic points that make a daily difference (in a positive way) in the lives of Texans.

Here's an actual study on various state economies, as opposed to one person's opinion. Texas is ranked #4.

State Economy Ranking July 2015 - Business Insider

But wait, there's more!
https://wallethub.com/edu/states-wit...onomies/21697/
Texas #9.

State Growth And Debt Rank for 2016 - Charts
Texas #4.

Now - you may be saying that due to an overall sluggish WORLD and national market, all US states are performing in a lackluster manner, including Texas. You could make a case for that argument. But if you're implying that Texas is only performing at an average rate comparatively per the US, then I'd say you're wrong based on the above studies.
July 2015 was last year, before oil crashed. Now, you're closer to average. Also, your towns and cities have an amazing amount of debt. Your state is second in local debt. Of course, my state is first.

And since your state population is pretty fertile, the steady stream of school children will keep that debt from being disposed of properly. Good luck!

Last edited by SyraBrian; 06-20-2016 at 02:31 PM..

Old 06-20-2016, 02:03 PM

4,373 posts, read 4,605,196 times
Quote:
I guess I have to spell it out for you then.

You brought up one heinous murder, which horrified nearly every white, black and Hispanic person in Texas, as "representative" of a perceived level of racism in Texas. My point was that in actuality, African Americans living in Texas are MUCH more likely to be murdered by another African American - not by a white person. In fact, white people in Texas have double the risk of being murdered by an African American, compared to the risk of African Americans being murdered by white people.

Reality - it is what it is.
I didn't necessarily agree with Gunion's original comment, but you pretty much used misleading stats to not only try to prove him wrong but to throw black men under the bus. And for the record just because you're family is ethnically diverse does not mean you can't harbor some racist,prejudice or racially insensitive beliefs. I mean I know plenty of people who dislike homosexuals but love they're family members who happen to be homosexual. People will put up with things they might not care to like when it comes to family.

But regardless of that you make a bogus claim that "Whites people in Texas have double the risk of being murdered by an African American, compared to the rist of African Americans being murdered by white people" which i'm assuming you believe this based on misleading statistics with no context to any of those numbers. I mean if you blindly believe in stats with no context, I can post up alot of stats to make Texas look like one of the worst places in the country that i'm sure you would argue against.

The point being is that you regurgitated a stereotype or a myth that black people in this country are more dangerous. And I know you'll deny it because it sounds bad when you wipe away all the make up of your post but it's definitely true. It's subconsciously there, the fact you keep driving the "fact" home and it almost make's Gunion's points that much more valid.

Because those same "factual" statements that you uttered is one of the reasons Texas is one of the hotbed of states for White supremacy groups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c7AWS4Bc-M

And for the record if it were true that Blacks are more likely to target whites then Whites are to target blacks(which I can assure if Black ppl were targeting whites for the most part it would have little to do with race and more to do with wealth)that still wouldn't negate the fact that racism still exist heavily and systematically in this state against people of color. I mean you have all white armed organizations who spew racist rhetoric making threats of walking in predominately black neighborhoods in certain cities in the state with they're right to bear arms to try to intimidate black people. Most of the time they rarely show up or if they happen to show up they're quickly skirted off but don't think that they wouldn't want to murder any person of color just for they're skin. They just don't have the balls to do so.

Old 06-20-2016, 02:26 PM

693 posts, read 1,105,966 times

Old 06-20-2016, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
I didn't necessarily agree with Gunion's original comment, but you pretty much used misleading stats to not only try to prove him wrong but to throw black men under the bus. And for the record just because you're family is ethnically diverse does not mean you can't harbor some racist,prejudice or racially insensitive beliefs. I mean I know plenty of people who dislike homosexuals but love they're family members who happen to be homosexual. People will put up with things they might not care to like when it comes to family.

But regardless of that you make a bogus claim that "Whites people in Texas have double the risk of being murdered by an African American, compared to the rist of African Americans being murdered by white people" which i'm assuming you believe this based on misleading statistics with no context to any of those numbers. I mean if you blindly believe in stats with no context, I can post up alot of stats to make Texas look like one of the worst places in the country that i'm sure you would argue against.

The point being is that you regurgitated a stereotype or a myth that black people in this country are more dangerous. And I know you'll deny it because it sounds bad when you wipe away all the make up of your post but it's definitely true. It's subconsciously there, the fact you keep driving the "fact" home and it almost make's Gunion's points that much more valid.

Because those same "factual" statements that you uttered is one of the reasons Texas is one of the hotbed of states for White supremacy groups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c7AWS4Bc-M

And for the record if it were true that Blacks are more likely to target whites then Whites are to target blacks(which I can assure if Black ppl were targeting whites for the most part it would have little to do with race and more to do with wealth)that still wouldn't negate the fact that racism still exist heavily and systematically in this state against people of color. I mean you have all white armed organizations who spew racist rhetoric making threats of walking in predominately black neighborhoods in certain cities in the state with they're right to bear arms to try to intimidate black people. Most of the time they rarely show up or if they happen to show up they're quickly skirted off but don't think that they wouldn't want to murder any person of color just for they're skin. They just don't have the balls to do so.
Yada yada yada. The people that black people need to fear the most are other black people, not white people. And like it or not, the LEAST common take on homicide is white folks killing black folks. Whether it has more or less to do with racism doesn't alter those facts.

Old 06-20-2016, 10:52 PM

4,373 posts, read 4,605,196 times
Quote:
Yada yada yada. The people that black people need to fear the most are other black people, not white people. And like it or not, the LEAST common take on homicide is white folks killing black folks. Whether it has more or less to do with racism doesn't alter those facts.
Ignorance is the root of fear so I don't fear any man or woman on this planet. But since you condone ignorance then it's minds such as yourself that make people look at the state as some backwards racist paradise. Sad to see you push that mentality though to your "ethnically diverse tribe" because people with common sense have to endure people like that living in the state. I would love to be a fly on the wall when you tell your black "family" members that they should fear other black people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas