Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2016, 04:22 AM

41 posts, read 93,039 times

Advertisements

Hello i am a hispanic man in my late 20s that will be moving to Texas in a couple of months. I wanted to know what the dating scene is like in Austin and San Antonio? Are women more friendlier and down to earth than Californians? Is there a lot of interracial dating in texas, it seems like caucasian women date outside of their ethnic group here in San Diego but they only date black men if its not caucasian men. I am just curious to know how dating is in the great state of Texas! I am attracted to latinas, white and black women i have an open mind so will i do fine dating in either Austin or San Antonio? Whats your guys opinions? Ladies feel free to give me some feedback as well i would like to get everyones opinion here. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2016, 10:03 AM

4,376 posts, read 4,616,320 times
I'm born and raised and Texas and never had a problem with the dating scene anywhere in Texas. There's alot of interracial couples in the state in comparison to most other states. I believe Texas is one of the top states for interracial dating. I believe it's 2nd to California. Lots of beautiful down to earth women in Texas, just like it's alot of snobbish uptight close minded women here in the state. You'll find every type of woman in Texas. But it's alot of women so I don't think you'll have a problem with the dating scene.

Old 07-02-2016, 12:46 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,455,055 times
You don't say whether you are moving to Austin or San Antonio. While many facets of dating do not change location to location, there are some nuanced differences, even in the only 80 or so miles from Austin to San Antonio.

I'm in Dallas, and Dallas has a ferocious dating scene. Guys have to do a lot to differentiate themselves here because the competition for women is fierce. Like most cities in the Western United States, Dallas has a severe abundance of single men relative to single women in the early 20s-early 30s age cohort, which is what I am looking for, and probably pretty close to what you are looking for. The same imbalanced sex ratios will be present in Austin or San Antonio.

Austin has gotten a lot of California transplants, so there will be a little bit of that California attitude. It is easy to observe in Dallas too. Not entirely sure how San Antonio would fare on that.

It seems that you are open to dating both within your own ethnicity and women from other types of ethnic backgrounds. Not entirely sure how to assess female openness to dating outside one's own race/ethnicity in Texas vs. what you experienced in San Diego, but I can't image it would be tremendously different from San Diego. San Diego is a major city, as are the cities that you mentioned in Texas. In Dallas, interracial dating is reasonably commonplace.

What you need to consider is the social circle that you will develop in your new city. Your social circle will put you in front of potential dating prospects. Also, think about what bars you are going to in order to meet women. Certain bars in certain parts of cities attract one type of female clientele vs. another. So you might find that you are encounter women from one race/ethnicity more than women from others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas