Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 09:36 AM

470 posts, read 448,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Well...Look who just caught on!
Rather sad that the desert gets more rain during July/August than San Antonio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2016, 09:57 AM

67,666 posts, read 60,218,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIRAL View Post
Not so much complaining in as much as showing Texans just how ripped off much of the state is during summer. Obviously, many know of how dry much of the state is during summer, but I don't think many know that it is to the point that places like Austin or Dallas see less frequent rainfall, on average, than quite a few places in the Desert Southwest (Tuscon, El Paso, even Phoenix).
So what? You're assuming that people who live in Texas feel or should feel "ripped off." Newsflash - most of us really like living here - even though our summers can be very dry. I don't feel ripped off at all. I love living in Texas.

Old 08-10-2016, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Rather sad that the desert gets more rain during July/August than San Antonio.
Why is this so sad to you? Why do you even care? Why did you start this thread for that matter? Do you expect people to suddenly, en masse, stand up and start hollering at God to "give us our fair share!!!!" and shaking their fists toward the heavens????????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T0tJnaUhU8

Old 08-10-2016, 10:06 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,182,148 times
Quote:
Not worried at all, really; I live in the good climates of TX, east of long 96. I'm just telling you about the major rip off much of the rest of the state deals with.
Born and raised in East Texas, have lived in North Texas and Central Texas. Don't feel ripped off in the slightest. Accepted long ago that, as the weatherman said, "Drought. Flood. Drought. Flood. Drought. Flood. In other words, normal Central Texas weather."

Old 08-10-2016, 10:08 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,182,148 times
Also wondering why you think that getting less rain in July and August but multiple times more rain in the rest of the year means that Texas is drier than the desert.

Old 08-10-2016, 10:12 AM

16,214 posts, read 11,245,484 times
Quote:
Sorry, should have specified; Austin and Dallas are drier in July and August than the deserts of the Southwest. I'd feel ripped of living in those places.

To sink into the modern-day gutter-language for the moment, Just who (or what) is "ripping you off (sic)"?;

You're presenting yourself as a whiny little millennial brat who's just venting because the real world, and its limitations and responsibilities, doesn't measure up to your unrealistic expectations.

Old 08-10-2016, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Born and raised in East Texas, have lived in North Texas and Central Texas. Don't feel ripped off in the slightest. Accepted long ago that, as the weatherman said, "Drought. Flood. Drought. Flood. Drought. Flood. In other words, normal Central Texas weather."
Right - it keeps things interesting!

I have spent most of my life living in Tornado Alley. When I lived in Germany and in Ohio, I really missed several things - that huge Texas sky, and those big, rolling storm clouds were among them. But I also missed the beautiful, sunny, cool Decembers, the dark wet days and nights of January and February, the crisp but hopeful mornings and evenings in March, the glory of April and May, the fun of June, the simple, happy weather and wide blue skies in September and October, and the exhilaration of a riot of leaves and wind in November. No, I didn't miss much about July and August but no place on earth is perfect. I mean, maybe some place is, but if so, I can't afford it - LOL.

And like my grandmother always used to say "I lived through the good ol' days - believe me, they weren't all that good." What I mean by that is that in August in Texas, all sorts of other places seem to be utopia. Till you spend a winter there.

Old 08-10-2016, 10:24 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,418,066 times
Quote:
Not worried at all, really; I live in the good climates of TX, east of long 96. I'm just telling you about the major rip off much of the rest of the state deals with.
Well bless your heart...

Old 08-10-2016, 10:37 AM

3,243 posts, read 5,580,931 times
Quote:
I feel ripped off having taken the time to read this bovine excrement.

Old 08-10-2016, 11:49 AM

470 posts, read 448,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Why is this so sad to you? Why do you even care? Why did you start this thread for that matter? Do you expect people to suddenly, en masse, stand up and start hollering at God to "give us our fair share!!!!" and shaking their fists toward the heavens????????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T0tJnaUhU8
I just thought it was interesting just how ripped of Texas (west of meridian 96) was in summer.

Quote:
Central TX weather is absolutely disgusting.

Quote:
Also wondering why you think that getting less rain in July and August but multiple times more rain in the rest of the year means that Texas is drier than the desert.
I worded the post unclearly, perhaps.

My point is, during those two months, the deserts (!), on average, see more frequent rainfall than Austin or Dallas, which are closer to the GoM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
To sink into the modern-day gutter-language for the moment, Just who (or what) is "ripping you off (sic)"?;

You're presenting yourself as a whiny little millennial brat who's just venting because the real world, and its limitations and responsibilities, doesn't measure up to your unrealistic expectations.
Not whining, really (I live in the good climate of Texas). Instead, just amazed at how dry many areas of the state were during July and August. Who knew Austin was drier than an actual desert during those months?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
I feel ripped off having taken the time to read this bovine excrement.
Didn't think the Central Texas was drier than the desert SW, did you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas