Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2016, 07:22 AM

22 posts, read 16,103 times

Advertisements

As I have my heart set out for Texas Tech, I just continue to have these doubts that with the campus being way too large, I won't find any friends, the people won't be friendly as they were when I took a campus tour, and that the classes will be too big that I won't have that personal one-on-one time with my professors and will be forced to be taught by a supplement instructors which I don't want nor like. I was researching that Angelo State University is within the Texas Tech system, they have a PT school, smaller student body and similar traditions as Tech. However, I've never been to San Angelo, TX before and I do want to experience that true college life, make life-long friends and have overall fun while earning my Bachelors degree in Kinesiology.

Does any recent or past alumni have any advice they can suggest? Or should I just stop having doubts and go to Tech?
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2016, 08:15 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,854,435 times
Class of 1994 here!
I went to a huge high school, so I didn't want to go to a huge college. ASU was the right size for me. The Carr Scholarship also made a huge difference in my decision!
When I went there, TAs were very rare, but I do not know if that is still the case. The PT school was added the year I graduated.
ASU is a recent addition to the Tech system, so traditions aren't necessarily the same. ASU does have its own traditions, and it is a fun, friendly school. I still have lots of friends from college, and I met my husband there!
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: