Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 07:53 PM

3,678 posts, read 4,170,957 times

Advertisements

Texas Trounces Rivals in the Most-Searched ZIP Codes of 2016 | realtor.com®

The 10 most popular ZIPs of 2016 hail from our state. Waco is THE most searched area. I guess it's a good time to invest there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2016, 07:55 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,369,016 times
I like Waco myself.It seems like a neat town.It seems like it has gotten more popular.

Old 12-28-2016, 08:00 PM

3,678 posts, read 4,170,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
I like Waco myself.It seems like a neat town.It seems like it has gotten more popular.
They are getting rid of the stigma attached to their town due to few bad incidents. Their location is pure gold and with help of HGTV and Baylor, people are noticing their potential. If they managed to lure a few big employers, real estate boom would go up like crazy.

Old 12-28-2016, 08:59 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,080,951 times
Because of the "fixer upper" T.V. show, and just maybe because of the major scandal at Baylor, ya think?

Old 12-29-2016, 10:59 AM

23,688 posts, read 9,369,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
They are getting rid of the stigma attached to their town due to few bad incidents. Their location is pure gold and with help of HGTV and Baylor, people are noticing their potential. If they managed to lure a few big employers, real estate boom would go up like crazy.
Okay thats good.Your right that Waco has a good location.

Old 12-31-2016, 07:59 AM

173 posts, read 289,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
Texas Trounces Rivals in the Most-Searched ZIP Codes of 2016 | realtor.com®

The 10 most popular ZIPs of 2016 hail from our state. Waco is THE most searched area. I guess it's a good time to invest there.
It's the perfect time to invest there. One of the lowest COL of cities its size in the state and close proximity to Austin and Dallas metro.

Old 01-01-2017, 06:23 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,854,435 times
Waco is not "close" to either Austin or DFW. It's a 1.5 hour drive to Dallas/Fort Worth, and 2 hours to Austin. That's way too far for a daily commute.

Old 01-01-2017, 06:36 PM

173 posts, read 289,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Waco is not "close" to either Austin or DFW. It's a 1.5 hour drive to Dallas/Fort Worth, and 2 hours to Austin. That's way too far for a daily commute.
It's close enough to where someone could go to either city for the day for whatever purpose. Obviously not doable if you're commuting from there.

Old 01-01-2017, 10:15 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,080,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickz623 View Post
It's the perfect time to invest there. One of the lowest COL of cities its size in the state and close proximity to Austin and Dallas metro.

The "fixer upper" show has way, I mean way, over hyped the success of MOST people doing really well by following the "fixer upper" technique in Waco. Be careful, Waco is slowly steadily growing but it is NOT some just newly discovered current or near future "boom town". You need to KNOW what you are doing and the TRUE market there, the demand.

Old 01-01-2017, 10:40 PM

5,439 posts, read 7,726,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
When we lived in Waco we had neighbors on one side who commuted to Austin and other neighbors down the street who commuted to Fort Worth on a daily basis. One of my wife's co-workers at the hospital in Waco lived in Dallas and commuted to Waco from Dallas for 12 hour medical resident shifts (by Motorcycle no less). So yes, people do it.

Usually it is a case of one spouse landing a job in Waco at Baylor and the other spouse already has a job or career in DFW or Austin that they can't give up. So they have to live someplace and someone is going to have a long commute. No one does that kind of drive by choice. The drive to DFW is actually preferable than the drive to Austin if you had to do it on a daily basis because traffic seems not so bad. The worst traffic seems to be north of Austin for some reason (probably the construction).

In terms of distance from Waco I found that UT in Austin was a reliable 1.5 hours from our house in Woodway if there was no traffic on weekends. Central Fort Worth was about 1.5 hours and central Dallas was about 2 hours. Dallas and Fort Worth look about the same distance from Waco but most of what you want to visit in Dallas is on the north side whereas most of what you want to visit in Fort Worth (like the zoo or TCU) is on the south side so driving to Fort Worth is always shorter.

From our house in Waco the drive to DFW airport and Austin airport were both exactly 2 hours. I made both drives many many times and it always seemed to take exactly 2 hours (within 5 minutes). So for airports it doesn't really matter. Don't fly out of Waco if you can avoid it because if there is a flight cancellation you are screwed. I can tell you horror stories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas