Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 01:41 AM

3,231 posts, read 4,561,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame22 View Post
Because genitalia does not always correspond with sexual orientation. Not sure why you are even bringing it up. And what about the people who claim to be gender fluid? It's all a big mess that the twisted, sick, backwards regressive left has continued to promote.

I stand by my point when I say that logic and reason will not help the situation because it is illogical to begin with. My honest opinion is that transgenderism is a mental disorder.

You think that just because I live in Austin I have to express the same opinion as everyone else? That's really sad. I'm not a sheep and I'm not sorry.
I never said genitalia always corresponded with sexual orientation. Note the "probably" in my post. Theres a greater chance that it does than it doesn't. "Backwards regressive left"? "Sheep"? Whats with conservatives always trying to throw political insults out. We get it. You disagree. We disagree. There is a mutual disagreement from both sides. I just dont understand why some conservatives are so egotistical and throw "insults" about others opinions because they are ignorant enough to believe that their opinion is somehow the right opinion. Whats next, are you going to tell people who have a different religious belief than you that they are going to hell for not believing in the same thing that you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTXman34 View Post
Let's be clear here with the bolded - There are many cases of M2F who's sexual orientation did not change, like Caitlyn Jenner. Sexual orientation does not always align with gender identity. There are F2M who don't always become "straight men." They sometimes are gay men, but used to be women.

I also don't believe being transgender is a mental illness or anything like that. But I wanted to clarify the misconception of gender identity being the same as sexual orientation.
Oh, I completely agree. Like I mentioned above, thats why I said "probably". In terms of population percentages, man/woman sexual orientation is much more common than man/man or woman/woman. Its just a matter of statistics. I wasn't trying to assume anything, or make it seem like all transgenders switched to maintain a "straight" sexual orientation. Theres a lesbian couple that lives down the street, and one of them used to be the boyfriend/husband before having a sex change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
Your opinion would be different if they were trying to effect change with which you disagree.
Seriously..? People don't always agree. To try and enact laws to prevent acceptance of civil rights/social justice just because you don't agree with it is extremely selfish and bigoted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2017, 11:15 AM

1,098 posts, read 900,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
Whats next, are you going to tell people who have a different religious belief than you that they are going to hell for not believing in the same thing that you do?
This is exactly what is wrong with the left. They are always trying to dump people into catagoties based on religion, skin color, sex, gender, privilege etc.. The world is not that simple. People are allowed to have varying viewpoints on different subjects. I have never been a religious person. I'm agnostic right now. I don't believe in Hell. Sorry I don't fit into your little box but thanks for playing

As for the bullying thing are you serious? Clinton supporters are by far the biggest bullies of them all. And no, I didn't vote for Trump

Old 01-15-2017, 04:17 PM

430 posts, read 290,340 times
It's not discrimination, it's called common sense.

Old 01-17-2017, 08:50 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,561,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame22 View Post
This is exactly what is wrong with the left. They are always trying to dump people into catagoties based on religion, skin color, sex, gender, privilege etc.. The world is not that simple. People are allowed to have varying viewpoints on different subjects. I have never been a religious person. I'm agnostic right now. I don't believe in Hell. Sorry I don't fit into your little box but thanks for playing

As for the bullying thing are you serious? Clinton supporters are by far the biggest bullies of them all. And no, I didn't vote for Trump
You must not of understood my post..

I never lumped anyone into a category based on religion. In fact, thats exactly what I was making fun of.. Lumping people into categories is dumb. We seem to agree on everything in the first part of your post except that you somehow see "the left" as the ones who supposably try to categorize people. I suppose both sides do it to an extent, depending on what they're trying to achieve, but I find it asinine that you somehow try to put all of the blame of category/segregation on "the left" when "the right" is just as guilty.

By the way.. you just categorized a group of people by claiming "the left" is responsible. Kind of contradictory to your point, wouldn't you say?

Im not sure what the "bullying thing" is in reference to, but thats another point were going to have to agree to disagree on.. I guess you choose to ignore all of the videos of violent trump supporters? In the sense that you think Clinton supporters are/were somehow bullies, I guess you think supporters of the civil rights movement back in the 50s/60s were "bullies" for standing up for social justice?

Anyways, this ridiculous "left vs right" separatist debate is getting way off topic. Not that this topic wasn't already ridiculous enough..

Old 01-17-2017, 10:04 PM

1,098 posts, read 900,737 times
Quote:
You must not of understood my post..

I never lumped anyone into a category based on religion. In fact, thats exactly what I was making fun of.. Lumping people into categories is dumb. We seem to agree on everything in the first part of your post except that you somehow see "the left" as the ones who supposably try to categorize people. I suppose both sides do it to an extent, depending on what they're trying to achieve, but I find it asinine that you somehow try to put all of the blame of category/segregation on "the left" when "the right" is just as guilty.

By the way.. you just categorized a group of people by claiming "the left" is responsible. Kind of contradictory to your point, wouldn't you say?

Im not sure what the "bullying thing" is in reference to, but thats another point were going to have to agree to disagree on.. I guess you choose to ignore all of the videos of violent trump supporters? In the sense that you think Clinton supporters are/were somehow bullies, I guess you think supporters of the civil rights movement back in the 50s/60s were "bullies" for standing up for social justice?

Anyways, this ridiculous "left vs right" separatist debate is getting way off topic. Not that this topic wasn't already ridiculous enough..
I understood your post exactly. You thought I was some hardcore conservative Christian because of my views on this bathroom nonsense. You're wrong and you know it and now you're back-peddling. It's not contradictory to my point at all..it's EXACTLY what just happened. And now you're just assuming that I was against the civil rights movement back in the 50s/60s. Jeez, slow down. . We're just talking about bathrooms here

You're right. The far right is as bad as the far left but that doesn't change the fact that there are some violent, dangerous, & closed minded liberals out there. I don't believe Trump supporters are any more safe from violence than Hillary supporters.

Last edited by Jame22; 01-17-2017 at 10:16 PM..

Old 01-18-2017, 11:55 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,770,375 times
This entire thread is ridiculous and so very typical of what our society has decayed into. I have a problem comprehending how people can just keep droning on and on about the same old thing FOREVER. Back and forth, nitpicking to death and of course no one changes their viewpoint because someone else has a different one, but God have mercy, does it stop the 'experts on the subject' from "expressing" themselves so eloquently and profusely (in other words, just blowing more hot air)? Oh no. They honestly think they can spout their personal ideas on the subject (and of course there are those who feel the need to insert links 'proving they are right') and actually change other people's minds.

Now, if you're a rational person and reading this, you're thinking right about now, well this is insane. I know, I think the same thing as well.

I honestly don't see how anymore can be contributed here, just more of the same - only reworded, ugh. So why not give up the ghost and everyone just agree this discussion has been fun, but not real fun and let it die.

Old 01-18-2017, 05:24 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,158,693 times
Quote:
Seriously..? People don't always agree. To try and enact laws to prevent acceptance of civil rights/social justice just because you don't agree with it is extremely selfish and bigoted.
I'm not sure if you missed the point, or ignored it.

I'm curious as to what makes you think it's acceptable for a sports sanctioning body to attempt to impose its will upon the voters of the state of Texas, North Carolina, or any other state, for that matter.

If the NCAA wants to become an advocacy organization, they need to abandon sports and become a PAC.

Old 01-18-2017, 05:31 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,383,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
I'm not sure if you missed the point, or ignored it.

I'm curious as to what makes you think it's acceptable for a sports sanctioning body to attempt to impose its will upon the voters of the state of Texas, North Carolina, or any other state, for that matter.

If the NCAA wants to become an advocacy organization, they need to abandon sports and become a PAC.
I'm a voter of Texas. I know lots of other voters of Texas. None of them are for this bill. And I have told our idiot Lieutenant Governor that, as well. (Didn't the Lieutenant Governor position used to be the one where we put people with intelligence where we wanted the real power to be, while putting those politicians who just would not shut up but we didn't want having any power in the Governor's Mansion? Rick Perry, you have a lot to answer for.)

Voting with one's dollar is a time-honored tradition in this country, as well. Why should we think we should impose our will on the sports sanctioning bodies, for that matter? If we REALLY feel that this idiotic bill that will put people like I posted earlier in the bathrooms dictated by their birth certificates in what are clearly the wrong bathrooms is so important, shouldn't we be willing to take the financial hit that it will inevitably cause?

Old 01-18-2017, 05:45 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,158,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Well I didn't say anything of the sort but that applies as well. Its operation includes those who attend their events
My point was that there are not a bunch of trans coaches/players/medical staff/equipment managers/etc. in the NCAA, but if there were, the NCAA would do well to have its events in states that don't have such laws in place or pending, rather than trying to have the law overturned or the bill killed.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:02 PM

716 posts, read 539,193 times
enough is enough - we should not let anyone or anybody think they can change the way Texas is and why we live here - i am sure there are a few liberals that don't want this bill - but i am guessing ( yes its a guess based on my opinion from my neighbors and friends ) that the majority do not want the NCAA or any other body telling us how to run our state. The few who cowtow the notion that there will be economic loss are the same ones that dont know why companies are coming here - why people by the drove are moving here.

If its that important then i say let the people vote on it - and in the mean time - ban the use - the real issue is what Texas is - are we going to allow it to become another California or are we going keep Texas - Texas? It very apparent that there area few liberals voicing their opinions in this forum over and over - while the silent majority who already live here are not readers of this forum -

Personally i dont give a crap where one pees-i do care about young kids and their safety - and i resent the fact we have elected officials who will bow to political correctness - i say sit up in the saddle and pull up your boot straps -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas