Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2008, 12:10 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,954,930 times

Advertisements

Well I am heading to the Gulf Coast, and I am going to make a day stop in San Angelo, to check it out, and take some pictures. Anyone from the area, have any suggestions on what I should see while there? And where your Chamber of Commerce is, so I can go by and get a relocation packet and info on the many things San Angelo has to offer.

Please give me some feed back on the city.. it looks good from Google Maps.. but what is it really like to live there? How are the schools? All that stuff a visitor may need to know, maybe even a possible relocate. So tell me more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2008, 11:50 PM

389 posts, read 1,656,811 times
Its on the edge of the sonran dessert.it gets hot and dry in the summer.they have a cool rodeo that comes to town every feb.great food places like Hildagos,little mexico.you know Los Lonely Boys are from their if you follow that kind of music.I'm not sure where the chamber is.I used to live near San Angelo did a lot of shopping etc. their.good luck on your trip to San Angelo.its a nice city.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:09 AM

808 posts, read 3,648,078 times
Got to eat at Henry's on Sherwood Way.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:12 AM

Diamond I am in El Paso TX, I am guessing that San Angelo and El Paso are pretty similar... at least weather wise.

Awecelot, I will do a google map search for it and plan on checking it out, thanks!

Old 03-03-2008, 05:13 PM

1,477 posts, read 7,910,487 times
We don't live in San Angelo but have visited. It's a lovely city. The Visitor Center overlooks the Concho River and the folks there are very helpful and can advise you on what's going on in town. We always enjoy strolling along the river walk. The Museum of Fine Arts is exceptional and worth a visit. And please, don't miss Fort Concho. We stopped in for a quick visit and spent three hours doing a "living history" tour of the site with a fantastic guide. And, if you poke around town a bit, you'll see the Cactus Hotel, one of the first hotels built by Conrad Hilton. The lobby is beautiful. We met one of the maintenance staff who kindly took us around the hotel and into the top floor ballroom that looks like something out of Versailles. I think the symphony plays there now. I hope you enjoy your visit to San Angelo.

Old 03-03-2008, 05:19 PM

Thanks Leorah, sounds like you had a great trip there. I am looking forward to checking this place out now.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:06 PM

233 posts, read 835,549 times
Hi-
I live in the D/FW metroplex & have been to San Angelo once (2004) while an undergrad at TX TECH. It's OK but a little too small for me to live there.

You gotta, gotta gotta eat at Franco's (Tex-Mex) Cafe at
2218 Martin Luther King Blvd. on the North side of town...it was recommended to me by an Abilenian from Tech (whose grandparents live in San Angelo) as the Best Mexican Food in Town & I Have To Agree!!

Thanks,
fallguy

Old 03-03-2008, 10:09 PM

233 posts, read 835,549 times
PS I also like the downtown streets which are made curvy by the Concho River.
They are fun to slide over when your roomate at the time has a dark blue 2001VW "New" Beetle like mine at that time (9.12.04 - Only San Angelo Trip) did!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas