Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 09:31 PM

4,010 posts, read 3,752,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUGnative View Post
To me if you have a sex change and legally become a woman then you are free to use the women's room. same for women who get male equipment and legally become male.. they can use they men's room. I don't think most ppl have any issue with that.

Im a dark skin AA male. Very very dark. If I consider myself Asian would you consider me AA or Asian?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2017, 09:31 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,103,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Trump admin will not pursue/defend this goofy subject, which is great news for those of us that are sane.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/tr...hrooms-edict-i
Lets try this again

How the country voted

http://i0.wp.com/metrocosm.com/wp-co...county-map.png

where the country live

Basically all urban areas went blue, while less populated rural areas went red

Atlanta, Miami, Philadelphia, D.C., Seattle, New York, Charlotte, Raleigh, Buffalo, Milwaukee, Orlando, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Minneapolis, Portland, Memphis, Columbus, Nashville, Chicago, St. Louis, Boston, Birmingham, San Francisco, New Orleans, Indianapolis, Tampa, Detroit, Dallas, Houston, Austin, Orlando, San Antonio, Phoenix, Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, Denver.

A lot of these issues are a cultural clashes between more cosmopolitan metro areas and rural Americans

The errors a lot these issues don't effect these rural areas much,

Do you really think rural Mississippi is going be the LBGT community hot spot?

Do you really think rural Kansas is where refugees are going?

Do you really think in rural Michigan illegal immigrants are talking people jobs?

no, no, and no

But ironically the places that things do effect they tend to be more open minded. In rural areas people are less likely to be educated and have experience around diversity.

Where do a fortune 500 company likely to relocated Atlanta or Wyoming?

So if GA push a Hick bill do you think it will have the same effect as if Wyoming did?

Old 02-16-2017, 10:07 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,103,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
Im a dark skin AA male. Very very dark. If I consider myself Asian would you consider me AA or Asian?
Race is base on ancestry more than anything physical. So that's not a good comparison.

But ultimately is non of business to care what sex some chose to identify.

For as bathroom bill they are dumb, for starter there wasn't laws telling what gender to go in which restroom it was just a de facto thing.

Second how would anyone know unless it's very oblivious? Seriously what if some one looked convincing? people could of been in a restroom with transgender person already and never known. People are only talking about it now cause the right wing decided to make it a new political issue. it's really a false security for homophobic people. Which still doesn't make sense.

Old 02-16-2017, 10:18 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,411,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Race is base on ancestry more than anything physical. So that's not a good comparison.

But ultimately is non of business to care what sex some chose to identify.

For as bathroom bill they are dumb, for starter there wasn't laws telling what gender to go in which restroom it was just a de facto thing.

Second how would anyone know unless it's very oblivious? Seriously what if some one looked convincing? people could of been in a restroom with transgender person already and never known. People are only talking about it now cause the right wing decided to make it a new political issue. it's really a false security for homophobic people. Which still doesn't make sense.
Yes and it will only create more problems. Before people would obviously use whatever restroom they identified as. But now if they obey these laws you could have people looking like men in the women's room or vice versa which is going to bother more people not less.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:20 AM

10,396 posts, read 11,496,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Yes and it will only create more problems. Before people would obviously use whatever restroom they identified as. But now if they obey these laws you could have people looking like men in the women's room or vice versa which is going to bother more people not less.
And having more people be bothered by the transgendered issue seems to be what the backers of these bathroom bills are looking to have happen.

The backers of these bathroom bills are looking to push back against increasing societal acceptance of transgendered and LGBTQ people in general by creating an atmosphere of significant discomfort for both transgendered and cisgendered people in a place that everyone has to utilize at one point or another (in public bathrooms).

These bathroom bills are not about protecting little girls from being victimized by men posing as women in women's restrooms (an act that is illegal on its own accord and a problem that does not appear to be a widespread issue at present).

These bathroom bills (much like the "religious liberty" bills) in states with deeply-conservative Republican-dominated state governments are about using what appears to so far be a non-issue as an excuse to create and atmosphere of significant discomfort, if not outright hostility towards transgendered people as a means of pushing back against a major societal change in the increasing societal acceptance of transgendered and LGBTQ people as a whole.

Old 02-17-2017, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Which is why I bet this doesn't happen if they speak up. Texas isn't like North Carolina in this regard. And honestly, I bet the vast majority of Texans couldn't care less about this issue yet the state government thinks it needs to be.
Texas state government thinks that this should be an issue because Texas state government is controlled (and dominated) by deeply socially conservative factions that are looking to start a national movement of this type of legislative pushback against increasing societal acceptance of LGBTQ people in other red and purple states with deeply conservative state governments.

The deeply conservative factions that currently control and dominate Texas state government are looking to advance a new front in the ongoing culture wars for the right side of the social and cultural spectrum.

One of the reasons why there was so much pushback early on against previous anti-LGBTQ legislation in states like Indiana and North Carolina (and Arkansas and Mississippi) because the business community did not want this type of legislation to gain steam and catch fire across other parts of the country.

With a state as large as Texas pushing this type of major piece of anti-LGBTQ legislation, the deeply socially conservative faction in charge of that state's government appear to be looking to make this type of legislation into a national movement that catches on in other red and purple states.

The social conservatives in charge of Texas' state government appear to be looking to set an example for other states with social conservative-dominated governments to emulate in pushing back against socially-inclusive business and social interests on the LGBTQ rights issue.

Old 02-17-2017, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Yeah! They and the rest of the South might follow neighboring NC into the pit. The Southern GOP is hell bent on revenge against the LGBTQ... community after the Supreme Court ruling a year and a half ago. They are taking advantage of a rift against the transgendered and punishing the weaker portions of the community since they can't fight back as effectively. The bathroom issue is an easy way for them to paint the picture for the base and make their case.

I think the beneficiaries of a boycott and economic decline in the Old Confederacy will be Illinois, the East and West Coast blue states. But then they could secede and then the Confederacy/Republic of Texas becomes the next. The plains and Rocky Mountain states would be up for grabs between the three new countries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Well I don't see states like VA and FL going down this path. I don't see it for GA either, although GA is a bit more shaky. As for the rest? Well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
And if this issue is why liberals lost the election (and this issue wasn't even one in the general election), then why did NC Gov. Pat McCrory get the boot over this in NC?
Mutiny77 makes some good points about some Southern states like Virginia and Florida not going down this path of pushing anti-LGBTQ legislation like bathroom bills and religious liberty bills.

Mutiny also cited a good example of the potential political pitfalls of backing this type of controversial anti-LGBTQ legislation by citing the example of Republican former North Carolina governor Pat McCrory who lost his re-election bid after giving heavy support to that state's highly-controversial HB 2 Bathroom Bill....Controversial legislation which led to numerous costly boycotts of the state by many businesses, performers and tourists who objected to the law.

Georgia's Republican-dominated state government appears to have backed away from anti-LGBTQ legislation for multiple reasons of significance, including:

> A notable lack of support for such highly-controversial anti-LGBTQ legislation by Georgia Governor Nathan Deal, who vetoed Georgia's "Religious Liberty" bill last April (...Governor Nathan Deal has also actively participated in pushing to expand Georgia's now-massive TV and Film production industry by frequently flying out to California to recruit TV and film production business to Georgia in person)...

> A reluctance to further alienate Georgia's massive business community, including the state's booming television and film production industry, an industry which appears to be slated to overtake New York to become the second-largest center of TV and film production on the entire planet...

(...In addition to further expanding the TV and film production industry in the state, Georgia Republicans also appear to be planning major attempts to massively expand the presence of the music industry in a state that already possesses a very high-profile Hip-Hop dominated music scene...)

> A fear by Georgia Republicans of having the same fate befall the party in Georgia that befell the party in North Carolina when that state's incumbent Republican governor (Pat McCrory) lost his bid for re-election in a state whose legislature is dominated by a GOP supermajority but whose population appears to have been trending heavily towards increased future Democratic Party competitiveness in recent years....Georgia Republicans are not willing to risk losing control of the state's political machinery to chase an issue that alienates the state's massive business community and business interests and appears to end in the GOP losing control of the governor's office, statewide offices and/or the legislature much sooner rather than later because of the negative PR and economic impacts of such highly-controversial anti-LGBTQ legislation.

Old 02-17-2017, 04:49 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,874,004 times
lol. when you're the elephant in the room.

i am not going to be forced to go into your bathroom because it makes you feel better. like WTF. why do all of these boys want me in their restroom so bad? ogling me from afar isn't enough? i'll let queen bey speak for me:

Old 02-17-2017, 04:51 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,874,004 times
y'all boys go ahead and laugh at the "freak" but this girl ain't going nowhere.

Old 02-17-2017, 06:00 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,258,187 times
Will they vote on this bill the same day they will vote on banning all abortions for women who are gang raped? So much for live-and-let-live. They're spending taxpayer dollars for the sole purpose of hurting the economy. This bill isn't going to protect anyone, or stop a predator.

Look at it this way: Does gun control stop crime? Or will criminals find a way to shoot their victim? All day long I hear conservatives tell people that "we don't need gun laws. Guns don't kill, people do." Same concept. If a predator wants to assault a female, his concern isn't "Gee, I'd like to go in there, but this law prevents me from doing so." So much for small government. WASTE OF TIME AND TEXAS TAXPAYER DOLLARS.

Last edited by thenewtexan; 02-17-2017 at 06:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas