Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 12:19 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,772,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
So tearing families apart is the solution? Why would you want to be part of that? Does it make you feel better off or something?
Some people don't have sense enough to know when they're licked.

As to your last line of defense, 'tearing families apart' only proves the willful crookedness that goes on. They come into the country illegally, bring children in illegally, have babies here all the while knowing they are here illegally and living on borrowed time. Lyndon B. Johnson did no one favors with 14th amendment which is the BS anchor baby law regardless that no one dared to called it what it was. You like to say how things are just wrong, wrong wrong, well right back at you, this was also just wrong, wrong, wrong. But man, has it ever been taken advantage of. Still . . . wrong, wrong, wrong.

But getting back to your post, I have to say I am confused as to why you would think anyone would fall for your trying to distract from what Tokinouta said to you. The post was about cheap labor and your willingness to take advantage of it, thereby further enabling it. It was about you being a big part of the problem, not a part of any solution by any means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2017, 01:59 PM

716 posts, read 539,606 times
tearing families apart? again you are saying there is only 1 choice = how about take them with you - since you made the decision to break US laws there is no consequences?

I guess you dont care our legal citizens for their safety or standard of living?

typical liberal response

Old 02-27-2017, 02:29 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,051,293 times
Do republicans have zero reponse to the economic impact of trade war, a "cold war" diplomatically with Mexico? Seriously, dont shoot yourselves in the foot here

Old 02-27-2017, 02:58 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,888,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testmo View Post
Do republicans have zero reponse to the economic impact of trade war, a "cold war" diplomatically with Mexico? Seriously, dont shoot yourselves in the foot here
I reckon when they figure it out, it'll be too late.

These new policies improve the Rust Belt but hurt most of the Sunbelt. So instead of TX businesses that have suppliers/distributors at the border, they'll be put out of business. In the meantime some factory in the Midwest will hold onto a small percentage of jobs to keep jobs temporarily from moving.

Old 02-27-2017, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by testmo View Post
Seriously, why woud anyone be for shooting themselves in the foot and that includes Mexico. If you are thinking in terms of economic impact due to trade wars/cold wars, I'm thinking you're expanding beyond the impact that this thread is attempting to disclose.

I do think changes will be coming in how we deal in economic trades with other countries, but bear in mind, supply and demand will always hold center point as well as the fact money talks. There can be much huffing and puffing all the way around (from every country including the US) but I doubt you'll see anyone rushing in to actually blow their own house down.

I fail to understand how it is people think leaders of a country are such brain dead, clueless people. They are not or else they wouldn't be in the positions they are in. Even the ones who huff and puff and talk crazy and come across as stupid looking are actually very intelligent and most often, very sly and cunning people. These people are not the type to cut their noses off to spite their faces, especially when they have more at stake than your average joe.

The hysterical ninnies need to stop, take a deep breath and actually try and think for a change.

Old 02-27-2017, 03:35 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
Was reading a story about Iowa -- one of the six states that went Trump kind of unexpectedly--
The reporters went all over the state and spoke to different people--mainly those who had voted for Trump and found that many of them were starting to regret that decision...
Maybe not all of them--but a surprising number considering that Trump carried the state...

One of the themes of why they were worried about Trump and his agenda was that he was going to push against the illegal immigration (which I know he promised to do in his campaign) but apparently these people are just starting to understand that pulling illegal workers out of chicken factories and other unsavory jobs that Iowan don't want to work at is going to hurt their economy...

So I think this reaction will not manifest itself overnight--like the tide going out and coming in...
But if Trump is serious and these ICE raids continue and pull mass numbers of people who have jobs then business is going to suffer...

Because I really don't know anyone who wants to work in a chicken processing plant or a slaughter house or some of the other jobs that illegal immigrants do...
I mean these are not the people being paid 100K a year or $30 an hour for a union job...
Article about Florida said that people are worried about the crops that need to be picked in about a month--
That the illegals are hiding out...
I certainly don't know anyone who wants to pick tomatoes or other produce...
That is back breaking work and doesn't pay nearly enough to cover the toll the effort takes...

Plenty of fast food restaurants in my area (DFW TX) have signs in their windows HELP WANTED---
And you know they are paying minimum wage...and can't get enough help...

How many of you who are encouraging Trump to get tough and throw the illegals out of Texas are working a job that illegals do? Do YOU want to work one of them???
Saying that the pay will rise enough to bring US workers into the jobs is disengenuous--a cop out--
IF there were US workers willing to do them in the first place, the illegals wouldn't be there doing the job...

Old 02-27-2017, 03:47 PM

4,503 posts, read 4,615,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoolu View Post
boo hoo hoo the sky is falling - end of the world as you know it - first you are lying - Trump has stated that those to be sent packing are ones with criminal records- just go Star Telegram today and ICE did not deport an admitted illegal with outstanding non moving violations -

there will be no lack of labor - there are plenty legals with work permits to pick the lettuce - etc- next welfare offices won't be flooded as you can bet the farm if illegals leave they will take there famlies -

your last paragraph is so incoherent that is does not deserve a response - you are just another left wing wacko who can't stand the fact your side lost and you make up lies and untruths so you can feel better about yourself - i think its laughable and i enjoy reading all the doom and gloom you people preach - all i can say thank god no more Obamma and his communist ways
I'm not one to nit pick, but you didn't capitalize the word God. Oh, but you didnt forget to capitalize the word Obama, now did you? I'd expect that from a liberal, not a conservative.

Old 02-27-2017, 03:53 PM

2,132 posts, read 2,226,103 times
You know who's really worried? U.S. corn farmers. Mexico buys a huge amount of our corn, and they can easily buy it elsewhere. Mexico is not without recourse if we start tearing up trade agreements.

Old 02-27-2017, 06:17 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,632,596 times
All you worrying about a trade war are clueless. Who need who the most?

Ivory Lee . . . nice grammar and spelling policing. I'd say you really do like nit picking. I always watch what people do, not what they say!

And then there is the perception that mass deportations are taking place, which they are not! And if there is a labor shortage for all those "dirty jobs" (I'm a Mike Rowe fan) then I'm sure all those freeloading welfare bodies are an untapped labor force ... it's amazing what people will do for food (aka The Great Depression).

Old 02-27-2017, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
All you worrying about a trade war are clueless. Who need who the most?

Ivory Lee . . . nice grammar and spelling policing. I'd say you really do like nit picking. I always watch what people do, not what they say!

And then there is the perception that mass deportations are taking place, which they are not! And if there is a labor shortage for all those "dirty jobs" (I'm a Mike Rowe fan) then I'm sure all those freeloading welfare bodies are an untapped labor force ... it's amazing what people will do for food (aka The Great Depression).
Obviously some people are just born worriers.

People living in the Great Depression had pride, something that is much lacking in so many people today. They could never understand there is pride in doing a 'dirty job' which brings in an honest day's wages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: