Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 07:55 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,773,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamDot View Post
I think you are a little more offended than you may think, or else this thread would not be as long as it is.
You're funny. First you say "And, really Texans shouldn't be so touchy about other people who may not LOVE it here", yet when I say, hey, it's ok you don't get Texas, no skin off our noses, you can't accept that.

We get it, you're bored and we have accommodated you in relieving some of that boredom (no thanks necessary ). In regards to your residency status, who cares? Stay, leave, go fly a kite, it doesn't matter. As I stated before, no skin off our noses what you do.

You come across as pretending to be a sophisticated person intent on putting Texans down with your superiority (btw, it's cesspool, not sesspool). Your experiences sound like total BS (especially your 'Dallas trip'. Your responses on here are more often than not sarcastic and arrogant .

Quote:
There's a thing called the automobile. I get in it and drive to Rowlett. I get out and get on the Dart. I take the Dart to Downtown Dallas. There was nothing to do except that one park open with food trucks. I get on the Dart and take it back to Rowlett. I get off the train and get in the invention called the automobile. I drive back to Greenville.

And you know what for the Texas pride y'all have, you sure like to put down Greenville. I guess you pick and choose everything you like just like every other person on planet earth. Jeesh. Y'ouse have some thin skin.
Since you are trying to desperately to come across as the superior one it does seem silly to try and explain to you that there are different niches for different folks, but I'll give it a shot. As you already know (or should know by now) there are people completely happy living in Greenville and love it there. They don't want to live in Dallas, they don't want or need the amenities of Dallas (yes, we still believe big D is not a ghost town despite your BS), they are content to live in Greenville. I know, "gasp", but like I say, different strokes for different folks. You want big city life, don't move to Hooterville and then blame the town for your misery.

Just to show you I harbored no ill feelings towards you whatsoever, I'll throw in this little piece of history for your amusement and I'm sure it will offer some a little more comic relief for your boredom by making your comments on it (ooh, I can almost hear them now). lol Believe it or not, I remember seeing this sign back when I was just a kid.

One thing for certain, you try and say Texans don't have a sense of humor, we'll all know that is just one big, fat lie.

https://tomhuttonmd.com/2013/11/23/r...hitest-people/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2017, 08:01 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,773,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
To give the OP some credit about downtown Dallas, it's more of a financial district that just happens to have a few conveniences. There are some good restaurants, but no grocery stores, only one or two CVS locations, some bars, and some touristy shops.
It didn't sound like she went there to grocery shop.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:49 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,321,790 times
Hey OP, I'll cut right to the chase...

Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:09 AM

1,972 posts, read 1,280,076 times
Quote:
There's a thing called the automobile. I get in it and drive to Rowlett. I get out and get on the Dart. I take the Dart to Downtown Dallas. There was nothing to do except that one park open with food trucks. I get on the Dart and take it back to Rowlett. I get off the train and get in the invention called the automobile. I drive back to Greenville.

And you know what for the Texas pride y'all have, you sure like to put down Greenville. I guess you pick and choose everything you like just like every other person on planet earth. Jeesh. Y'ouse have some thin skin.
So you "drove drove drove" to Rowlett in this thing called automobile. Ok so far so good.
The you took the DART from there to downtown and nothing was open, a claim which is still BS, if not to say a lie.
Allow me to help you and show you what is open on a Sunday, during the day in Downtown and how your day could have gone.....

Let's see, presuming it was Sunday and you took the DART and the park you speak of is Klyde Warren.
Right next to that is LARK on the Park opens up Sundays @10AM.
After you have some coffee/food there you could made your way to the Perot Science Museum, it opens up at Noon.
If you have time to kill you could have chilled in the park, walk around some more or stop at El Fenix for example and eat lunch.
Then to Perot. After Perot you could have keep walking and run into the Dallas's House of Blues and see if they have something going.
If yes, great enjoy the show. If not keep walking and check out the Dallas World Aquarium, which opens at 9AM.
If you like Art you can walk back north again and will run into the Arts District.
Like walking, about 20 Mins (by foot) from Downtown is the Dallas Farmers Market, if your feet hurt take the public transportation.
If I recall right there a few CrossFit Places if you want to rock climb for example....
Getting bored? Take trans again and check out Deep Ellum, just a few minutes away. Heck at the Sandbar Cantina you can play beachball.
And you still have not been in Uptown yet either...... also only a few minutes away....

Just a few examples, there are of course many other options!

What I'm really trying to tell you is, it is OK to not like a city, not sure why one would then however go and feel the need and try to tell everybody else there how much they hate it but OK. But what kind of responses did you expect here? Especially with your condescending attitude about it, and tired old cliches to boot and most of all your fabricated or at best grossly exaggerated stories which are so easily debunked.
And then you have the nerve to call other people thin-skinned if the refuse to swallow your BS?

You my dear, set the narrative for this thread and the mood, with your snarky "drive drive drive" , "drive massive white pickup trucks and go to mexican restaurants" and how your are seemingly so superior to everyone else at your job. As you implied, they are all soooo slow while superstar you just completes things in 5 minutes while you co-workers and boss marvel at you efficiency, something which just comes natural to you after all as you said
Quote:
"I don't know how much slower someone can work. It seems at my workplace, like the Texas drawl, things are drawn out verryyyyyyyy slowlyyyyyyyyy. I can't work slowly. I just can't, it's not me."
And physical activity....oh no... what did those texans do when you brought that up?
Oh yeah....
Quote:
"I've asked many people at my work where I can go hiking and they look at me like I have three heads (which maybe I do, I certainly feel like it lately)"
Poor you.
You wanted sex in the city and got King of the Hill, although Greenville TX is nationally known to be this cosmopolitan mecca..... Where did it all go wrong.........

Last edited by MustermannBB; 03-20-2017 at 11:13 AM..

Old 03-24-2017, 04:26 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,690 times
I'm really not sure where to begin addressing this BS.

No outdoors stuff? Geez dude, there are like 6 lakes within a short to moderate distance of you, with fishing, boating, camping,hunting,hiking, biking, etc . You know, outdoor stuff. I camp in numerous parks around Dallas and east Texas every month, hike, go geocaching, fishing, bike riding, mountain biking.Just about every outdoor thing you could think of except boating or horseback riding, because I own neither. Dont come in here where people know the truth and spout this stupidity.

Second, uptown is deserted? Really? I live in uptown, and to say its deserted on the weekend is ridiculous. Downtown, yes. Not much there except museums, Klyde Warren park, and those food trucks at KW on weekends. But uptown? Give me a break. Its hopping from breakfast through brunch, maybe a little break around lunch as most seem to eat brunch, and then hopping again in the evening. Are you sure you were in uptown? Because reality is nothing like you describe, and I live about 4 blocks from the trolley that circles it, so I know from daily experience what the truth is.

As far as the trashy claim, more BS. Texas is one of the cleanest states I have ever been in, thanks to the highly successful "Dont mess with Texas" campaign. Dallas is very clean by most big city standards. I have no doubt you can go to some poorer parts and it will get trashy, but most of the city, including downtown , is clean. I have family that live out of state, and one of the main things they remark on during their visits is how garbage free the state and the city is. You are simply inventing BS from thin air here.

I'm not sure what your aim is with this thread, other than maybe to make yourself feel a bit better by ranting, but if you want to be believed you should go post this stuff in a thread in the CA, FL,or NY area where people who dont know any different might believe you. Those of us who live in the areas you have mentioned know you are full of shlt.

I do feel for you living in Greenville though. When we first moved here my wife worked once a week in Greenville on a traveling job where she dealt with walk up public folks. Her first comment after her first time there for a full day was how many of them looked like overweight inbreds ( and she's not a mean person or generally prone to such remarks ). I mentioned this to others some time later in the course of a normal discussion and one person said "yeah, we call it Uglyville". Others have seconded the notion that something is not right in Greenville, and the residents seem more than averagely ugly. I dont know if its something left over from the days when the unofficial motto of the town was " the blackest dirt and the whitest people" or what. I havent heard much good about Greenville, but then there are places to live that arent Greenville and drive to work there.

Be sure and spread the word when you leave about how horrible Texas is. Maybe it will prevent more of your kind from moving here.

Last edited by wallflash; 03-24-2017 at 04:36 PM..

Old 03-24-2017, 04:28 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,010,013 times
I second the Texas being clean for the most part comment. Texas big cities are surprisingly relatively clean cities for their size. Compare them to NYC and LA and there is no contest .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas