Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 05:45 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,105,681 times

Advertisements

Senate sends the bill to the house tomorrow then the house will vote. If it passes the house, it will go to the governor for signature.

Texas Legislature Online - 85(R) History for SB 6
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2017, 06:13 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,937,828 times
SA can say goodbye to the Final Four if it passes.

Old 03-14-2017, 07:07 PM

4,423 posts, read 6,248,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Senate sends the bill to the house tomorrow then the house will vote. If it passes the house, it will go to the governor for signature.

Texas Legislature Online - 85(R) History for SB 6
And the governor will sign away Texas' future potential.

Old 03-14-2017, 07:18 PM

783 posts, read 572,345 times
My daughter asked me a question that really got me thinking last night. She said:

"Daddy, how much money would it take for you to allow grown men dressed in girl clothes to go into the bathroom with me?"

I'm conflicted. She's my baby girl, but the Final Four and the NBA All-Star Game bring in a lot of revenue.

Decisions, decisions....

Old 03-14-2017, 07:48 PM

218 posts, read 218,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimuso View Post
My daughter asked me a question that really got me thinking last night. She said:

"Daddy, how much money would it take for you to allow grown men dressed in girl clothes to go into the bathroom with me?"
This argument is ridiculous. First, why would allow your little child to go in a public restroom alone? Secondly, if you see someone acting inappropriately in a public restroom, gather your children and leave. If a child gets molested in a public restroom, I feel that the parents were not doing their jobs.

Old 03-14-2017, 07:50 PM

21,108 posts, read 13,446,808 times
This won't pass. Doesn't it affect the NFL too? Jerry Jones will kill the bill!

Old 03-14-2017, 07:52 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,223,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdz1979 View Post
This argument is ridiculous. First, why would allow your little child to go in a public restroom alone? Secondly, if you see someone acting inappropriately in a public restroom, gather your children and leave. If a child gets molested in a public restroom, I feel that the parents were not doing their jobs.
Why would someone do their job and be a responsible parent when they can just blame transgender people?

Old 03-14-2017, 07:55 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,223,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
This won't pass. Doesn't it affect the NFL too? Jerry Jones will kill the bill!
LOL - Unfortunately, it will, yes it does, and no he won't.

Old 03-14-2017, 08:06 PM

7,106 posts, read 11,761,530 times
Actually, it won't affect the NFL if they're willing to put their money where their mouth is. All they have to do is have unisex bathrooms installed in their stadiums. Problem solved.

What's that? Oh - they want SOMEONE ELSE to pay for their "equality"? Ah......

Having actually worked with booking conventions before, I can tell you that there's typically a limited pool of eligible venues availble for a variety of reasons for each group. And when it comes right down to it, I'm gonna say it - and y'all can have vapors over it if you so desire.

If some guy thinks he can waltz into the girls' room when my wife, daughter or granddaughter are in there, he's going to need to adjust his thinking. Yes - I'm quite aware that CD's have been doing it discreetly for years - and no, I'm not worried about them. It the voyeurs what WOULD take advantage of such a law that concern me - and I'm not afraid to admit it. Nor would I be bashful about barring their entry while mine are in there, or having mine immediately leave. You can take your social experiment and place it where the sun don't shine.

Old 03-14-2017, 08:41 PM

716 posts, read 534,239 times
Ride em HighRedNeck- 100% right on = i also thought those here dont want the feds telling them how texas should live and they constantly complain about Fed telling them to this or that - now that our own elected officials - who they elected - yes elections matter - pass a law they dont like - they complain again - progressives have no moral compass to stand on - they pick and choose what side they want to be on based on the wind without any foundation based either on faith -love of country - etc

I am so amused reading there crazy and outrageous responses without any consistenticy what so ever - when the local elected officals do something they dont like they cry - when the state does something they dont like they cry - when the feds do something they dont like they cry -

just like pelosi now she insists that we read the new heath care act ------ dont we all remember her famous line - we have to pass it to find out whats in it? progressives - liberals - left winger are all the same - keep smiling - this is fun
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas