Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 08:39 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,010,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
I will leave Texas when I am ready to leave. And I did not say it was so hellish" for me here. There is much about Texas that I love, just not the politics. But I'm not the only Texan who has a problem with the political machine here. And, putting our local law enforcement in the position of carrying out federal immigration laws not only makes their jobs harder, put puts us all in danger when undocumented folks are afraid to talk to police. Do you see any law enforcement heads supporting this B.S.?
Yes, Tarrant County Sheriff Bill Waybourn. Here is an interview with him on this very matter.

https://radio.foxnews.com/2017/05/09...le-who-object/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v0H_1dPyts

In the first interview, when asked about detractors using the excuse that this bill will make it harder for illegal aliens to report crime, Sheriff Waybourn says that it's an irrelevant issue because the bill says that officers will not ask questions regarding immigration status when a crime is being reported.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2017, 09:11 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,772,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Yes, Tarrant County Sheriff Bill Waybourn. Here is an interview with him on this very matter.

https://radio.foxnews.com/2017/05/09...le-who-object/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v0H_1dPyts

In the first interview, when asked about detractors using the excuse that this bill will make it harder for illegal aliens to report crime, Sheriff Waybourn says that it's an irrelevant issue because the bill says that officers will not ask questions regarding immigration status when a crime is being reported.
Exactly and I was going to quote Sheriff Waybourn, you beat me to it. Thanks for going to the trouble of posting this video. A voice of reason, yet let's sit back and see the same people argue with it and we all know full well they will.

Old 05-10-2017, 10:06 AM

716 posts, read 539,606 times
maybe nurider should try calif - they just announced you can be a communist and work for the state government - the whole firming state is a sanctuary state - he might like the liberal ways there

and for all you dilberts who think petty crime is not a crime - i bet your th

Old 05-10-2017, 10:07 AM

716 posts, read 539,606 times
your the same ones that think littles Joey gets a trophy for showing up and moves up a grade even when little joey can't add 2 and 2

Old 05-10-2017, 10:46 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoolu View Post
maybe nurider should try calif - they just announced you can be a communist and work for the state government - the whole firming state is a sanctuary state - he might like the liberal ways there

and for all you dilberts who think petty crime is not a crime - i bet your th
Thanks for the suggestion but I will be staying put in Texas until I retire. Still like the climate, the music, and a lot of the people. You might be surprised that I have plenty of friends here who share my view of the politics of Texas. Despite the backward politics, there's still much I like about Texas. And, as an old tyme music fiddler, I doubt I would find like minded musicians in California. So sorry but I'm here for a few more years

Old 05-10-2017, 11:31 AM

Why do you think you'd find less musicians with your taste in California? You'd certainly find more people who agree with your politically and the climate is way, way better.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:33 PM

I'm not a fan of Cali. And, this backward sanctuary city law ain't gonna stand. There will be an injunction in no time. When I leave Texas I will be leaving the U.S. Have a home in Panama waiting for retirement.

Old 05-10-2017, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
I'm not a fan of Cali. And, this backward sanctuary city law ain't gonna stand. There will be an injunction in no time. When I leave Texas I will be leaving the U.S. Have a home in Panama waiting for retirement.
You do realize that Texas cities are largely under Democratic control, right? There are a lot of liberals in Texas too and they certainly influence the state. The image you seem to be upset about is largely a media narrative.

Old 05-10-2017, 01:47 PM

Absolutely. I see T days turning Blue in about 10 years.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:06 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,475,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Once again the attention is diverted and these crimes downgraded to being merely petty. The victims of identity theft don't find it petty. The more you guys come up with excuses for the criminality of illegal aliens the more you make a mockery of existing laws. No wonder they don't respect the border laws. So we have to not help ICE do their job because illegals are less reluctant to talk to local law enforcement? More so than they should already be weary for being illegal?

This is just getting ridiculous. Deporting people because they're in the county illegally is not a human rights violation. It isn't about deporting all of them in four years but setting a precedent to enforce the existing laws on the books. I like the idea about funding local law enforcement to do tackle some of the stuff federal agencies should be doing. Good point.

I find it disingenuous for you to say people don't care about illegals working here illegally. They most certainly do.
What is the point in debating with you when you refuse to read what I wrote? I said they care less than they do about violent crimes, not that they don't care. I do not have patience for people who either can't read or try to put words in people's mouths.

I also did not say that deporting people is a human rights violation. I said that the only way to deport 11 million people in a short period of time is to violate human rights. History has taught us that you can't force large numbers of people to leave without taking drastic measures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: