Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 06:37 AM

716 posts, read 539,734 times

Advertisements

Sane voters is the key - i would bet the majority of legals with Mexican or Central American roots will vote for any Mexican / Central American

Just like Blacks-the vast majority will vote Black over common sense

Like it or not we are segregated society -and that is was the left is cowtowing for these people - votes means power and they are betting someday another 10mil will become legal - Regan was wrong then and those that was to give a free ride now are wrong now

Old 06-25-2017, 07:20 AM

4,847 posts, read 3,276,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SciFiNerd1 View Post
... Racial profiling is already a huge issue as it is.
Racial 'profiling' has become a hot-button issue because it's a handy excuse for shifting any potential responsibility for one's actions to somebody else. All the time. It doesn't matter what someone does... how wrong it is or how guilty they are... the very first line of defense is 'they only even looked me because I'm Latino or black or look like I might be Muslim'.

Old 06-25-2017, 01:10 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times
Texas cities are chartered by the State, so they should do as they are told. Preemption is the law.

Old 06-25-2017, 02:24 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,633,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scot892 View Post
Don't know who they are trying to gain votes from since sane American legal voters would not want these Illegals in the country. They drain tax payers dollars and create unsafe environment to everyone by their criminal ways.

By supporting these Illegals, I would imagine it's confirmation that they are advertising to everyone to vote them out. Unless, they are getting illegal votes by using these Illegals as registered voters. Would not surprise me if they did such dishonorable and despicable action since we are talking about unpatriotic and dishonorable council members and Mayors that support these Illegals.
In the places (in Texas) where this is being proclaimed (the resistance against the state laws) there is a voter base of Liberals who have no respect for the laws they don't like. Their attempt is to add to those that will vote for them, the very ones they are hiding from the authorities.

Austin and Houston are prime examples.

Old 06-25-2017, 03:09 PM

589 posts, read 300,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
In the places (in Texas) where this is being proclaimed (the resistance against the state laws) there is a voter base of Liberals who have no respect for the laws they don't like. Their attempt is to add to those that will vote for them, the very ones they are hiding from the authorities.

Trust me, I know. I live here in Austin and ABSOLUTELY can't stand the stance our Mayor Adler, Sherriff Hernandez, and all the city council members, especially Casar that support these Illegal Aliens.

Unfortunately, due to their idiotic policies, the tax payers will be affected the most. Hopefully, this frivolous lawsuit will be thrown out along with these hypocritical and idiotic liberal leaders in this city.

Old 06-26-2017, 12:05 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,494,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post

Funny how your crowd is big on "state's rights" and bucking the feds, except when cities and municipalities do the same to their respective states.

Old 06-26-2017, 12:07 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,494,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoolu View Post
Sane voters is the key - i would bet the majority of legals with Mexican or Central American roots will vote for any Mexican / Central American
Thanks for assuming that I, as a Mexican will vote for the Mexican over "common sense".

And you wonder why the GOP is having such a hard time appealing to minorities. Thank God your type of thinking is dying off every time a Boomer kicks the bucket.

Old 06-26-2017, 01:06 AM

3,231 posts, read 4,564,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoolu View Post
Tallest - ii really don't care how hard it is - its the law -and plenty have come here legally - maybe you should think the reason it is hard its because its worth the effort - why would you want uncontrolled immigration?

your argument about canada is america etc etc is outdated and wrong typical left responses - by that argument then all of europe is russian - nope - America is a country just like the hundreds of others in the world - fought and won with blood and sweat- i am not ashamed of who we are.
Who said anything about wanting uncontrolled immigration? I pointed out how absurdly hard it is for people to get legal citizenship here. We need to work on an efficient immigration process. The current one is a joke.
The reason it is so hard is "because it is worth the effort"..? No, it's hard because our government is incompetent and operates extremely inefficiently. I have a buddy who's family has lived in the US for 15 years. They operate a hotel which provides jobs to dozens of people, and provides a stimulus to the local economy. And they are STILL WAITING to receive citizenship. His brother lost his job and had to leave the country/move back to Europe. They are an upstanding, well educated family, but even they haven't been able to get citizenship in the US. You don't find any of that ridiculous..?

How is pointing out that Canada, Brazil, etc are American a "typical left response"..? Are liberals the only people who are educated in geography? We (along with Canada and Mexico) live in North AMERICA. There are dozens more countries that live in Central and South AMERICA. America is not a country.. it's a giant landmass divided into two continents. The US is one small part of America. You clearly don't understand that if your rebuttal is "then all of Europe is Russian".

Quote:
The Americas (also collectively called America) encompass the totality of the continents of North and South America. Together, they make up most of the land in Earth's western hemisphere and comprise the New World.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americas

Old 06-26-2017, 07:08 AM

15,269 posts, read 35,637,527 times
Ah, you can block inane people, but then they get quoted....

Do me a favor and just leave out the quote when responding, maybe it will let me pretend the original is not as bad as I think .

Old 06-26-2017, 07:24 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,011,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
Thanks for assuming that I, as a Mexican will vote for the Mexican over "common sense".

And you wonder why the GOP is having such a hard time appealing to minorities. Thank God your type of thinking is dying off every time a Boomer kicks the bucket.
What is with this sick attitude of gleefully counting down the days when older people will die off? A past generation dying off won't mean that it will usher in an era of liberal bliss as if only boomers have conservative values (or are racist or can mistake you for Mexican). This is disgusting thinking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas