Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 06:12 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,690,565 times

Advertisements

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/tr...ths-19-illegal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2017, 07:18 AM

716 posts, read 539,193 times
immigrants my butt - more like law breakers coming here - you liberals really can't say the word ILLEGAL can you? You can't accept the fact crossing the border without the proper documentation is a illegal act.

If we had the wall and more border patrol maybe this would not happen - sad so many died but they still were breaking the law

Old 05-07-2021, 06:12 PM

2,642 posts, read 1,371,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scot892 View Post
First, they are not immigrants, they are Illegal Aliens. Second, it's not a tragedy since they were fully aware what they were doing and they just paid for the consequences of their OWN actions, knowing they are breaking the law and no one force them to get in the truck. Had they did it the right way, to get here LEGALLY, they wouldn't have suffered the consequences from their illegal acts. Lastly to answer your question, no I do not remember.
So you are ok with people dying horrible deaths because they broke a n immigration law?

Old 05-08-2021, 06:57 AM

12,946 posts, read 13,328,106 times
Putting false words in a poster’s mouth 4 years after the fact?
Good job.

Old 05-08-2021, 08:31 AM

181 posts, read 159,495 times
@RobertBrianBush

He's just saying that if we re-worded this headline to something more factual, such as "group of people die in the process of attempting to break in and enter into restricted/secure area", the sentiments would be a bit different. Sort of like a swimmer drowning after ignoring clearly posted signs and blocked entries into an area warning of potential death due to dangerous currents or something. You empathize for the loss, but you also know that person should have known better.

Personally, and as one from an immigrant family; I feel for the plight and desperation of those migrants trying to forcibly and illegally enter the country. However, they knew the hazards, rolled the dice, and lost. I guess the unanswered question for them, was whether this form of death was more merciful than what they would have perhaps faced at the hands of cartels, or other methods of death when attempting cross through a deadly environment. Or maybe there was some peace in their minds that they tried and lost, versus the regret of living miserably wondering what if they had tried; I don't claim to know. It's the small children who get forced to make the dangerous crossings who I feel for the most; they don't have a say in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas