Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2019, 01:17 PM

212 posts, read 147,613 times

Advertisements

id rather dallas tbh

Old 12-06-2019, 01:21 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Below is an example of an indirect insult. When a person expresses how they truly feel but covers themselves by expressing that this is how others feels. What makes it even more alarming is I would be considered a radical in my thinking and logic but yet you still threw this jab, which lets me know you have a personal problem with the Black population in DFW.

The truth is you have a certain disdain for the black people in DFW. Own your feelings and keep it moving. I am very aware of Paul Quinn and affiliation with the church. I don’t have to practice the faith to root for the college. No self implosion here buddy I’m just not brainwashed like so many of you supposedly woke brothers are. Because any brother that claimed to be woke would understand the role that religion & state sponsored institutions have played in the continued enslavement of the black mind. You can perpetrate like you’re not receiving the message but you’re getting the message.
I hate to say it though. But this is now the perception of the Black population of Dallas now and it was magnified from that Guyger trial a couple months ago. Not saying its right but black people throughout the nation has made a little side eye on Dallas because of those events. At least that's what I've been hearing from circles in DC and NYC. To them, Houston is seen as the more cultural city for Blacks than DFW. I do think DFW is underrated though and a great place btw.

Old 12-06-2019, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Some of that list is true. Some of the others are laughable.

Old 12-06-2019, 01:35 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,450,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I hate to say it though. But this is now the perception of the Black population of Dallas now and it was magnified from that Guyger trial a couple months ago. Not saying its right but black people throughout the nation has made a little side eye on Dallas because of those events. At least that's what I've been hearing from circles in DC and NYC. To them, Houston is seen as the more cultural city for Blacks than DFW. I do think DFW is underrated though and a great place btw.
Who cares......theres so many black people moving to Dallas from NY and DC.....so whatever SPADE.

It's weird that nobody has heard this but you....so it must not be important.....why do you think its important to transport the message if you yourself think other wise about Dallas?.......

Its because you want to help paint the pitiful image of Dallas......have fun.

Old 12-06-2019, 02:10 PM

4,001 posts, read 3,263,711 times
Quote:
IDK alot of those are pretty true. Some are pretty silly though.

7 is pretty funny and true.

The Texans play in the most boring looking generic Statium and have some of the most generic boring looking uniforms. Even their name is dumb as they aren't even Texas's Team.

The Oilers were dope though. They had some of the best uniforms and played in a unique stadium. Too bad they left for &#$*ing TN because Houston has such fair-weather fans they couldn't support a team.

Houston won a World Series but it turns out they cheated. Also, baseball is in such a decline no one cares anyway. Plus, no one cared about the Astros outside of greater Houston before they won, and the Rangers are still Texas's Team as bad as we are.

Rockets. Whew. LOL even the Cowboys have won a more recent title. Yikes. Can't seal the deal can yall?

How does Houston not have a NHL team? How are you the 5th biggest metro and not have all big 4 sports? Oh right, it's a trash sports city.

No wonder transplants and their children hang on to the old teams.

Boom.

Old 12-06-2019, 02:36 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,839,439 times
Quote:
Right so a million people are responsible and suppose to have some type of control over Bahaman national hugging & forgiving a murder because of his Christian faith or a judge that was clearly out of line for hugging and giving Amber Guyger a Bible after sentencing. Sounds like a problem with the African Diaspora in general as it relates to Christianity blinding its reality.

Let’s not forget that the Fort Worth black community made it clear that the dog & pony show that occurred in Dallas would not happen in Fort Worth. Generally speaking the vast majority of the black population in DFW was very upset about the actions of Judge Kemp including myself. I won’t judge Bolton’s brothers actions because it not my place.

For the record black church attendance in the DFW area are at record lows and many churches are struggling to keep there doors open. Many people are catching on to Christianity strong relationship with white supremacy. Hell even Kirk Franklin is boycotting TBN and the dove awards because they censored his speech as it pertained to the death of Atatiana Jefferson.

It’s so annoying for OUTSIDERS that really don’t know what the hell is going on to comments and make assumptions about things. Just ask or DM me and I will gladly let you know what’s up.

Last edited by Exult.Q36; 12-06-2019 at 03:46 PM..

Old 12-06-2019, 02:45 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,450,763 times
Quote:
All of it was true.

Old 12-06-2019, 03:19 PM

6,291 posts, read 7,497,291 times
Quote:
Oh my somebody from Ghana doesn't like Houston, oh well...

Old 12-06-2019, 03:37 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,839,439 times
Quote:
Who cares......theres so many black people moving to Dallas from NY and DC.....so whatever SPADE.

It's weird that nobody has heard this but you....so it must not be important.....why do you think its important to transport the message if you yourself think other wise about Dallas?.......

Yea, I was disappointed SPADE would even dabble into this foolishness especially since he was looked up as more of an elder statesman. But oh well he clearly doesn’t think highly of us either.

Old 12-06-2019, 03:41 PM

Quote:

You see. This is why people, in particular, us as a people, cannot have an intelligent discourse because people like yourself respond to any and everything like an overemotional extra sensitive child. I never said these were my perceptions. I said this is what I have heard based of the circle of people I know here in DC (where I currently live) and in New York if you actually read my post. I never stated this is the true identity of the black community of Dallas. This was even discussed on various black blogs throughout the internet on how disappointed they were with the actions of those few regarding the trial and extended that to the general black community of the area. There have been several transplants and even natives that have noticed the same thing about the black community of the metroplex over the years on this very forum. I have spoken up and defended Black Dallas for years on this forum but I make one post about a perception that may or may not be true about Dallas and you feel that I somehow have this ugly image of Dallas. I even said that it is still a great place to live and grow but I see that is a problem as well with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas