Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2019, 09:43 PM

4,087 posts, read 3,243,209 times

Advertisements

This thread gets more and more entertaining. In defending Houston's honor especially..... but guess it needs it.

Old 12-08-2019, 09:59 PM

6,292 posts, read 7,500,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePa View Post
This thread gets more and more entertaining. In defending Houston's honor especially..... but guess it needs it.
I know those bitter North Texans just keep lobbing insult after insult at the upper Texas coast, and the funny thing is they only know about these issues because they spend so much time in Houston.

Old 12-09-2019, 05:47 AM

4,001 posts, read 3,264,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
The reason Houston gets Super Bowls is simple. Most of everything they are looking for is central located. Meaning, it’s inside the loop and mostly in a couple nodes in the core plus the galleria. It’s one of the reasons why the NBA has given Houston two all star games in a seven year period. Dallas attractions are a bit more spread out through the metro.
Yeah that makes alot of sense.

I've absolutely complained about where we built the Ballpark.

The ballpark should have been built close to the core so people getting off work can snag last min week night tickets like they do for the Mavs and Stars. Fair Park would have been ideal.

I wish Jerry's world was connected via transit, but having football in downtown has lots of disadvantages, I'm not really sold on the merits of that.

The other 3 sports, absolutely.

Old 12-09-2019, 09:15 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurevalley92 View Post
Yeah that makes alot of sense.

I've absolutely complained about where we built the Ballpark.

The ballpark should have been built close to the core so people getting off work can snag last min week night tickets like they do for the Mavs and Stars. Fair Park would have been ideal.

I wish Jerry's world was connected via transit, but having football in downtown has lots of disadvantages, I'm not really sold on the merits of that.

The other 3 sports, absolutely.
You can't miss what you've never had . We've never had football downtown(well not in my lifetime)
So Its really not necessary to have a huge football stadium downtown.

Old 12-09-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
You can't miss what you've never had . We've never had football downtown(well not in my lifetime)
So Its really not necessary to have a huge football stadium downtown.
Not for something that will be used by the cowboys like 8-10 times per year.

The AAC doesn't have parking problems because it seats like 20k and many people uber.

Football games are more of an "Event" than Basketball or Hockey and actually require more parking.

Fair park would have been great, but actually downtown doesn't make sense, the land is too valuable for a huge stadium.

The ballpark absolutely should have been built downtown or near downtown. Arlington was a terrible choice for that and it hurts attendance.

Old 12-09-2019, 09:58 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Quote:
Not for something that will be used by the cowboys like 8-10 times per year.

The AAC doesn't have parking problems because it seats like 20k and many people uber.

Football games are more of an "Event" than Basketball or Hockey and actually require more parking.

Fair park would have been great, but actually downtown doesn't make sense, the land is too valuable for a huge stadium.

The ballpark absolutely should have been built downtown or near downtown. Arlington was a terrible choice for that and it hurts attendance.
Not really hurting attendance....Arlington turned out to be a good choice in my opinion considering we have two major cities supporting the same teams. Putting the stadiums (football and Baseball) directly in the center of Both cities was perfect.

Old 12-09-2019, 10:08 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,976,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Not really hurting attendance....Arlington turned out to be a good choice in my opinion considering we have two major cities supporting the same teams. Putting the stadiums (football and Baseball) directly in the center of Both cities was perfect.
People in Fort Worth would still root for the Rangers if they were in Dallas. It is an absolute mistake to have them out in Arlington. Baseball stadiums are meant for urban settings, not in the suburbs surrounded Walmarts and parking lots. Texas Live at the end of the day will just be an urban imitation, or should I say the great value brand of an urban setting (the stadium location is too).

Old 12-09-2019, 11:06 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,623,797 times
Quote:
NRG is super generic looking. Which one is worse? It looks like the great value brand Lucus oil Stadium. It isn't outright offensive, but has all the charm and architectural uniqueness of a Midtown "Texas Donut" Apartment blocks.

I've been to NRG twice and AT&T is better in every way.

The Reason Houston gets superbowls is because they are a warm weather city with an indoor stadium that is newish. All the new stadiums get a Superbowl.

The NFL also knows Houston is desperate for good press and will bend over backwards for the NFL.

The most telling thing you say is you aren't a Texans fan. Even a homer like yourself doesn't care about your team. It's wild that a city in Texas is such a lousy football town.
Any and every city bends over backwards to host sporting events. DUH
Houston get's superbowls and any other sporting event because they were atleast smart enough to centralize their sporting venues in places of interest for people visiting the city.

As far as the Homer comment. What part of "I"M NOT FROM HOUSTON" do people not understand? Did DISD rub off on you too? I'm not from Houston and I actually grew up in Cowboys country in North East Texas. So what does that say about the Cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Houston wishes they had those VHS tapes. But the greatest moment for Houston football is when they blew a 35 point lead to the Bills in the playoffs.
Yeah but i'm a 9er fan so I could careless.

Old 12-09-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
People in Fort Worth would still root for the Rangers if they were in Dallas. It is an absolute mistake to have them out in Arlington. Baseball stadiums are meant for urban settings, not in the suburbs surrounded Walmarts and parking lots. Texas Live at the end of the day will just be an urban imitation, or should I say the great value brand of an urban setting (the stadium location is too).
This we can both agree on.

Old 12-09-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
Yeah but i'm a 9er fan so I could careless.
LOL nice bro. What is your connection to the bay area?

Nothing cooler than the edgy kid who picks a random team not from his area to root for to be a special individual.

I know a dude from Dallas who's whole family are Boys fans who became an Eagles fan to be an Edge Lord. Hes never even been to Philly. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas