Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 09:03 AM

7,528 posts, read 10,206,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Child is 19 and knows everything. Yes, it's called capitalism and it cracks me up when people that complain about so called "liberals" don't get that.
Isn’t it the far right that instinctively believes everything should be driven by the market economy? Some of those same posters here now change their tune when they experience a negative consequence from the free market economy themselves.

Go figure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2017, 10:49 AM

3,950 posts, read 2,954,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juventud Guerrero View Post
I don't really see that.
No? They can't afford places like Austin or New Orleans so they are making San Antonio the new Austin. The entire area from Tobin Hill (the gay neighborhood) to South of Downtown are becoming hipster and liberal paradises. The working class hispanics are slowly becoming the minority in those neighborhoods.

Old 10-31-2017, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Oh my goodness. If a house on Strait Lane, for example, is listed at 2.5 million then it is listed at 2.5 million. It doesn't matter if a potential buyer is from California or Lubbock, TX. Yes folks from places like California and NYC get more house for their money here. That's one of the draws and that's how we market our state. How their politics would play into this scenario, I have no idea. As for your comment about "hipsters" not being able to afford NYC or San Francisco (I fixed that for you) and creating "little gay communities" in Austin and San Antonio, grow up. You sound EXACTLY 19.
You sound upset to hear the truth. Sorry. It does matter what their politics are, because their politics ruin my home state.

Old 10-31-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Child is 19 and knows everything. Yes, it's called capitalism and it cracks me up when people that complain about so called "liberals" don't get that.
Just because it's capitalism means I can't complain about it?

Old 10-31-2017, 10:54 AM

Quote:
The valley is, didn't think of that area because no major cities. San Antonio, mmmm, not sure. Possibly not as cheap as people from out of state might think it is. I'm in Dallas proper and I'm amazed by people posting from out of state, any state, who think we are much cheaper than we are. Even when they looking into far out exurbs. Just my opinion but the reputation of the cost of living in our cities is off.
Well San Antonio is definitely much cheaper than Dallas

Old 10-31-2017, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrone2k View Post
Actually, it seems to me that most of the Californians moving to Texas are not "libs", but rather ultra-right-wing types who are fed up with what they see as the political environment in California. Far-north Dallas seems to be their preferred place to migrate to these days, where they seek to create a place where only like-minded people live.

Please, I don't wanna hear any more of this "California libs are taking over Texas" stuff. That strikes me as rather silly paranoia.
I know many liberals that have moved from California and elsewhere to San Antonio. I'm not talking about Dallas, don't care about Dallas, as I live in San Antonio. Far North Dallas is a conservative utopia, so it makes sense the people you meet while living there are also Conservative.

Old 10-31-2017, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
And we all wonder how the political climate got to be the way it is today... people trying to dictate how others live.
So I assume you are a complete anarcho capitalist libertarian. otherwise a complete hypocrite

Old 10-31-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
Isn’t it the far right that instinctively believes everything should be driven by the market economy? Some of those same posters here now change their tune when they experience a negative consequence from the free market economy themselves.

Go figure.
It's almost as if different people believe different things. Shocking, I know. The far right is also against immigration. Capitalism and immigration controls work for me.

Old 10-31-2017, 01:24 PM

343 posts, read 304,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
No? They can't afford places like Austin or New Orleans so they are making San Antonio the new Austin. The entire area from Tobin Hill (the gay neighborhood) to South of Downtown are becoming hipster and liberal paradises. The working class hispanics are slowly becoming the minority in those neighborhoods.
I think in San Antonio it is much more confined to certain areas. I don't see SA ever having gentrification as a major issue the way some other cities do.

Old 10-31-2017, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juventud Guerrero View Post
I think in San Antonio it is much more confined to certain areas. I don't see SA ever having gentrification as a major issue the way some other cities do.
Lavaca completely gentrified, Machnke Park, the King William area not by the river completely gentrified (I remember being the only white kid in the neighborhood 10 years ago) Dignowity and Tobin Hill is gentrifying, I don't know how fast the other cities are but it seems to be happening pretty fast in San Antonio.

But outside of the old historic neighborhoods you are right
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas