Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2017, 09:30 AM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Dallas leads Houston in some nationalities, Houston leads DFW in a lot more. And most of the ones where DFW lead Houston, Houston doesn’t trail far behind. Indian specifically, Dallas leads Houston by a hair. Both are roughly over 100K. DFW does lead Houston in Korean population, Houston beats it in chinese, Filipino, Vietnamese, Thai, etc. Going to South Asia, DFW falls behind in Pakistani while the Indian population is nearly the same. Nor the Iran population. Houston beats it in most middle Easterns as well by a good margin. The Latin American population is more diverse as well. They both have very large Mexican populations, Houston has DFW beat in most Central American countries as well as Venezuela, Colombia, Cuba, Peru.

Just because DFW leads in some nations here and there doesn’t make it even because Houston beats it in a significsnt amount of more nationalities. Raw numbers show this.
I never said they are even. I said it’s not a runaway. While you mentioned that The nationalities that Dallas leads in are not much greater in population over Houston. The same is mostly true vice versa. I also mentioned that Houston has a more diverse Hispanic population and that’s where Houston definitely has the upper hand. Houston has about 50k more Asians. Dallas has about 5,000 more Africans. Both have around the same number of Europeans. You all act if Houston is Salt Lake or even Memphis here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2017, 09:43 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,779,367 times
Quote:
He basically stated that DFW leads Houston in a few nationalities but is missin hat Houston leads DFW in a lot more nationalities.
Not quite what I meant, but I will go along with this.

He acts as if I said something negative. LOL. I was referring to DTXMan's post, which was about DFW closing in on Houston as if DFW is growing more by diversity or by International people. I basically said DFW isn't closing in on Houston because Houston is gaining more by International residents than Dallas, and I explained how Houston's set up (aka lack of zoning) helps strengthen and pretty much forces diversity.

Old 12-16-2017, 11:37 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,841,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
Not quite what I meant, but I will go along with this.

He acts as if I said something negative. LOL. I was referring to DTXMan's post, which was about DFW closing in on Houston as if DFW is growing more by diversity or by International people. I basically said DFW isn't closing in on Houston because Houston is gaining more by International residents than Dallas, and I explained how Houston's set up (aka lack of zoning) helps strengthen and pretty much forces diversity.
I don’t think no one is making that claim. Houston has for the most part always gained more international residence than DFW. That’s kind of like Houston trademark being the most international city in Texas. I don’t see that changing anytime soon.

Last edited by Exult.Q36; 12-16-2017 at 11:49 AM..

Old 12-16-2017, 05:07 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Zoning laws deal with development not diversity.

Old 12-16-2017, 05:52 PM

9,893 posts, read 6,595,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I never said they are even. I said it’s not a runaway. While you mentioned that The nationalities that Dallas leads in are not much greater in population over Houston. The same is mostly true vice versa. I also mentioned that Houston has a more diverse Hispanic population and that’s where Houston definitely has the upper hand. Houston has about 50k more Asians. Dallas has about 5,000 more Africans. Both have around the same number of Europeans. You all act if Houston is Salt Lake or even Memphis here.
If you actually read my post you’d see that I clearly said DFW is more diverse than people give it credit and that the difference isn’t as large as people say it is. This is true, but it’s still clearly more diverse. Not by a smidge but by a good margin.

Old 12-16-2017, 07:44 PM

Quote:
If you actually read my post you’d see that I clearly said DFW is more diverse than people give it credit and that the difference isn’t as large as people say it is. This is true, but it’s still clearly more diverse. Not by a smidge but by a good margin.
And if you read my post, I didn't say it was even. I said it's not a runaway. Houston is no New York. Houston's diversity is closer to DFW than it is to New York or LA. The only reason why you feel it's by a good margin is pretty much because of the Hispanic population.

Old 12-16-2017, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Zoning laws deal with development not diversity.
Yeah he lost me with that too.

Old 12-16-2017, 07:49 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,779,367 times
Y’all so slow. But I’m not finna explain myself.

Old 12-16-2017, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
Y’all so slow. But I’m not finna explain myself.
Typical. Referencing zoning with diversity. It certainly hasn't hurt NYC or LA.

Old 12-17-2017, 03:39 PM

9,893 posts, read 6,595,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
And if you read my post, I didn't say it was even. I said it's not a runaway. Houston is no New York. Houston's diversity is closer to DFW than it is to New York or LA. The only reason why you feel it's by a good margin is pretty much because of the Hispanic population.
Houston’s diversity is closer to LA than to DFW. Call it a mainstream idea or not, the LA Times claims Houston is more diverse than them. When it comes to diversity, Houston is no New York and DFW is no Houston. The reason I say it isn’t as big of a difference as people claim it to be is because people DFW to have very little diversity and they claim Houston to be the most diverse city in the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas